NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Clevinger 2020 Outlook

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're trying your damndest to make this political, but I'm not going to take the bait. Bottom line, Clevinger agreed to the terms that the Player's Association and the owners negotiated. If he felt t

13 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I bet he won't mind a fresh start out there either.

Not like he wasn't in a good situation already in Cleveland, but out of all the potential trade spots, SD or ATL were the 2 I was hoping he'd end up on

Edited by tonycpsu

His Yahoo notes shows this,

"Padres acquired RHP Mike Clevinger, OF Greg Allen, and a player to be named later from the Indians for SS Gabriel Arias, RHP Cal Quantrill, OF Josh Naylor, C Austin Hedges, LHP Joey Cantillo, and INF Owen Miller"

That's quite a few players going to CCLE. Time will tell if any of them make an impact for CLE, but they didn't get any of SDs better prospects.

I'm guessing he starts on Friday against OAK. On ESPN pitcher Forecaster it has "TBD" next to Friday for the Padres. Granted, they could push Davies or Lamet back a day.

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/id/29517511/fantasy-baseball-forecaster-probable-starting-pitcher-projections-matchups-daily-weekly-leagues

4 hours ago, tonywow said:

His Yahoo notes shows this,

"Padres acquired RHP Mike Clevinger, OF Greg Allen, and a player to be named later from the Indians for SS Gabriel Arias, RHP Cal Quantrill, OF Josh Naylor, C Austin Hedges, LHP Joey Cantillo, and INF Owen Miller"

That's quite a few players going to CCLE. Time will tell if any of them make an impact for CLE, but they didn't get any of SDs better prospects.

Lol let’s be real here the mariners probably got the better package for Nola. This was a buy low opportunity. This trade is like that fantasy guy that offers all his waiver wire fodder to an owner frustrated by Javier Báez’s slow start

13 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I'm not sure how this affects his fantasy value, but from a real life perspective this is probably a great thing for Mike Clevinger the man. San Diego seems like one of the best possible cities for him to live his life.

Lol. Yes, good restaurants, lovely climate, ocean-living, plenty of universities that keep the community young and diverse, and keep the healthcare industry bustling. And then obviously the naval base makes it a constant hub of activity. Not sure what other towns Mike was checking out (Charleston, SC has many similar characteristics but on the complete other side of the country) but you're 100% right that Mike's quality of life is on the upswing! Great choice Mike!

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Scratched today saying he has had bicep tightness since his last start..anyone concerned they shut him down till the playoffs start?

Unless they have to, they won't shut him down. They want him sharp for the playoffs. The smart play is limit his innings per start to 5 max 6