NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My opponent picked up .087 average Gregory Polanco to start the week, who has now turned into Dominican Ted Williams

There was a time (many a time actually) where I had good players who were actually playing baseball; and of the one's who were, were actually producing up to expectations, and in some cases - God forb

Are you talking about the athletes or the people that post on this Thread?  😜

2 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

Last place in my 12-team league with five stolen bases total. Benched Hunter Renfroe for the week and he gets me two on my bench.🙄

Lol.. of course the slow power hitter gets 2 SBs. Brutal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, aapox said:

VENT TIME! I picked up Berti because our league is CLUMPED in steals from 2-9th. I have Berti and Villar. Dudes keep getting PO'd and CS'd :(:(:( Just give me one damn bag!

A - F’n- men, bother. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, aapox said:

I'd wait until the end of the season. My guy Yaz (who i love) has already been regressing. Cronenworth probably will too. I think Teoscar and Lewis have the biggest upside, but you have to love Cronenworth's upside in that SD offense. As of now I'd go Teoscar > Lewis > Yaz > Cronenworth > Seager (assuming Kyle) but you could put Cronenworth higher based on position and peripheral offense.

VENT TIME! I picked up Berti because our league is CLUMPED in steals from 2-9th. I have Berti and Villar. Dudes keep getting PO'd and CS'd :(:(:( Just give me one damn bag!

I'm im last im sbs.  Was about 4 away from 5th 3 weeks ago.  I completely sold out for steals.  For 3 weeks.  Reyes, berti,tauchman, Haggerty,robles,even ikf.   I've  been obsessively trying to make up ground.   My lineup is full of steals guys. I have ONE steal in 3 weeks despite going all out.  In the mean time I've lost about 20 roto points.  I'm going down with the ship though.  I WILL get a steal.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Haha 1

In one of my leagues, I do an Amazing job of drafting, I got Bellinger, Tatis, Story, Cruz, Biggio, Realmuto, winker and Lewis as pickups. I'm in first place with a 51-10-7 record (don't worry..get's ranty soon)..

This league has been a money league for 6 years.  I notice one team isn't making any moves though....the Comish!  So I send out a quick email to the commish.  "Hey just confirming where to send funds to, as I haven't been asked".

Commish replies back "oh I haven't been paying attention, I forgot to attend the draft, looks like it's just a fun league this year."

Naturally.  He's in last place.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

In one of my leagues, I do an Amazing job of drafting, I got Bellinger, Tatis, Story, Cruz, Biggio, Realmuto, winker and Lewis as pickups. I'm in first place with a 51-10-7 record (don't worry..get's ranty soon)..

This league has been a money league for 6 years.  I notice one team isn't making any moves though....the Comish!  So I send out a quick email to the commish.  "Hey just confirming where to send funds to, as I haven't been asked".

Commish replies back "oh I haven't been paying attention, I forgot to attend the draft, looks like it's just a fun league this year."

Naturally.  He's in last place.

A lot of stuff has happened over the past 6 months.  I'm super curious, has that commish made any moves?

22 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

It sounds like you should've realized you were in a free league a month ago.

Hows that? The league has never been free.  Plus everyone else was making moves. I emailed the league and a few owners emailed me back and said they thought it was a pay league.  

A good lesson to learn that all pay leagues should be paid up front.

2 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Hows that? The league has never been free.  Plus everyone else was making moves. I emailed the league and a few owners emailed me back and said they thought it was a pay league.  

A good lesson to learn that all pay leagues should be paid up front.

If buy-ins have not been paid before the draft, assume they won't be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

Are you talking about the athletes or the people that post on this Thread?  😜

Crybaby Athletes...people who post here do not get paid

I am in second place in my division playing the guy in first this week. I've made a bunch of deals recently to bring in SO to my team primarily for this particular matchup and the playoffs. The guy I'm going against this week has had Urias, Nola, Javier, and Heaney go so far along with RP (Rosenthal, Staumont, Williams.) Needless to say my ERA is sitting at 2.45 on the week and I am up against a .56 ERA this far. Dude has to have had a horseshoe surgically implanted into his backside 😂😂

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, aapox said:

JONATHAN VILLAR WHY DO YOU SUCK SO BAD. YOU HAVE AN ERROR EVERY OTHER GAME. YOU GET TRHOWN OUT OR PICKED OFF EVERY OTHER GAME. YOUR SWING IS TOO HEAVY AND SLOW. STEAL A BASE OR SOMETHING

😫

I'm on a bye this week but next week I have to fill 1b and 2b with any 2 of the following 4:  Cronenworth, Alonso, Villar and Edman.  Cronenworth is a no brainer but I'm completely stumped with the other slot.  Do I go with Villar and all of issues that you describe?  Do I go with Alonso who is more likely to give me an 0-4 with 3 Ks than he is a HR.  Do I go with the ordinary Edman and his .374 slugging %?  Decisions, decisions!

15 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I'm on a bye this week but next week I have to fill 1b and 2b with any 2 of the following 4:  Cronenworth, Alonso, Villar and Edman.  Cronenworth is a no brainer but I'm completely stumped with the other slot.  Do I go with Villar and all of issues that you describe?  Do I go with Alonso who is more likely to give me an 0-4 with 3 Ks than he is a HR.  Do I go with the ordinary Edman and his .374 slugging %?  Decisions, decisions!

There's no waiver wire option? Villar is just not worth it man unless you have no steal sources. But, of course, he could turn it around. He's not a bad player, just annoying.