NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Darnaud and Cano go 0 for 8 even though their teams combined for 24 runs.

I also benched D Smith cuz I didn't know Belt is apparently a platoon player...  (at least belt hit a HR in his one AB)

I picked up Felix Pena...

Singlehandedly cost me about 5 pts in the standings.

Edited by papasmurf
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My opponent picked up .087 average Gregory Polanco to start the week, who has now turned into Dominican Ted Williams

There was a time (many a time actually) where I had good players who were actually playing baseball; and of the one's who were, were actually producing up to expectations, and in some cases - God forb

Are you talking about the athletes or the people that post on this Thread?  😜

Another 0-4 game from Belli. What a disaster - As silly as it sounds, I feel like he's cost me a few games this short season with these types of games where it really comes down to the wire and he has an O-fer. Though I know that we haven't played a full season, I'm definitely going to pass on him first round next year if given the opportunity to draft.

Edited by fredo_corleone
  • Like 1

Finished the regular season 8th overall in a 20 team league. despite missing Verlander and Stanton (2 of my top 5 picks). Missed the playoffs because one of the four division winners finished 9th overall. Not happy at all right now 

2 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Finished the regular season 8th overall in a 20 team league. despite missing Verlander and Stanton (2 of my top 5 picks). Missed the playoffs because one of the four division winners finished 9th overall. Not happy at all right now 

Hey at least our mets are on a roll as of late (somewhat). Since everyone makes the playoffs this year - lets hope for a .500 finish and a WC spot (and for Cohen to revamp the whole FO and team). Ya Gotta Believe.

Edited by fredo_corleone
On 9/7/2020 at 11:16 AM, KingJoffrey said:

Yeah Bellinger really only had one terrific half of a season.  I was reluctant to take him in the top 5.

I’ve been saying this since last year ended and people were saying how Bellibum is an elite player.

It's good to be home. Oh, how I haven't really missed you old friend, the Vent & Rant thread....

Mountcastle goes 4-4.  The rest of my team goes 5-43. Yikes...

Braves score 25 runs.  Ozuna is 1-5 with a run and an RBI.  Yankees score 7 and red hot Andujar goes 0-5.  White Sox score 8, Abreu and Jimenez combine to go 2-9 with 2 Runs.

Picked up Duvall a few days ago simply as a stream option just to get a bat in the lineup with some of my players having no games that day. Cut him immediately after. Here we are 2 days later and he does this. Won't matter in the grand scheme of things since I'm up by nearly 30 pts on 2nd place, but still sucks to miss out on a legendary game like that from a player

21 minutes ago, Slimzy17 said:

Season potentially derailed because of the Giants +COVID test postponing the games.  Sucks, but that's how it goes this year, total crapshoot.

Where did you hear season will be derailed? Seems like another delay/makeup game carousel.

8 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Where did you hear season will be derailed? Seems like another delay/makeup game carousel.

Oh my bad, I meant my personal fantasy season hah.  Probably going to barely lose some offensive categories that are essential to me making the playoffs in the final week.  I have a few Padres and Giants hitters so I'm pretty screwed.

Robles, has as many steals this year as Alejandro Kirk had last year in the minors.  Robles is a 23 year old centerfielder who had 28 steals last year.   Kirk is a 5’8, 265 pound catcher.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1

.203 OBP and 5.76 ERA this week. How do you have a staff with Bieber, Darvish, Davies and Hader, and get a 5.76 ERA?  And how did you go sub-.200 OBP (OBP!!!!) three days in a row?!

16 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Robles, has as many steals this year as Alejandro Kirk had last year in the minors.  Robles is a 23 year old centerfielder who had 28 steals last year.   Kirk is a 5’8, 265 pound catcher.

Robles is my team leader in SBs. Second most? Hunter Refroe.🤢🤮

• Haha 1