NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My opponent picked up .087 average Gregory Polanco to start the week, who has now turned into Dominican Ted Williams

There was a time (many a time actually) where I had good players who were actually playing baseball; and of the one's who were, were actually producing up to expectations, and in some cases - God forb

Are you talking about the athletes or the people that post on this Thread?  😜

13 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

Brewers can't buy a run for the last few days so of course they light up Flaherty smh

My pitchers make me so angry lately. Flaherty tonight. Soria last night (on a one day pick up). Recent meltdowns by Gallen and Pablopez. Burnes can't get 5 innings because of 3 walks and too many big counts. The angst is real. Here comes another walk from Flaherty.

I’m in a keeper league where we keep 8.  6 weeks ago I thought jeez I’m in such a tough position as I’m not going to know who to drop with: Turner, Cronenworth, Arenado, Soto, Betts, Jimenez, Darvish, Gray, Gallen, Snell and Flaherty.  Other than Turner, Soto and Betts now I have no clue who I’m going to keep.  

6 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

sad to see these boards dry up come playoff time. good luck to everyone still grinding in the mix. lets get it

I'm in 6th place in a roto, about 34 points behind 1st.  Had a legendary awful year.  Won't stop grinding, never do.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

I'm in 6th place in a roto, about 34 points behind 1st.  Had a legendary awful year.  Won't stop grinding, never do.

Had slow starts in 2 of 3 leagues in weekly leagues, kept at it anyways,  finished strong but too late in a 8 week season. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

F you bellinger. Sub 700 OPS. What a disaster of a year.

I agreed. I even sat him today. Offense still 0-8...lol. His stupid buckling helicopter swing is so annoying. Even A-Rod was giving him the business on SNB.

13 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I’m in a keeper league where we keep 8.  6 weeks ago I thought jeez I’m in such a tough position as I’m not going to know who to drop with: Turner, Cronenworth, Arenado, Soto, Betts, Jimenez, Darvish, Gray, Gallen, Snell and Flaherty.  Other than Turner, Soto and Betts now I have no clue who I’m going to keep.  

Arenado, Flaherty, Jiménez (or Darvish if you’re going for it) seems pretty easy to me 

11 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I've fallen from 1st to 9th in OBP in a Roto league in one week.  ONE.  How is that even possible?  Jeezus.......

Just learning stuff like this.  I was top 4 in ERA and WHIP two weeks ago.  Now 8th in both.  All it takes is a bad start or two to bring down rankings.  Probably a week of slumps at the plate to bring down OBP.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Bandito said:

I've fallen from 1st to 9th in OBP in a Roto league in one week.  ONE.  How is that even possible?  Jeezus.......

It's because this would normally be the middle of May in a regular season...lol. Sorry to hear that though my man. Hangi n there!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Crusaderfan said:

My team is circling the drain thanks to Tatis, Robert and Harper who have all decided to stop hitting. Guys that turn to crap but are hard to cut are killers! 🤬

Ugh. Ouch!

MAN!!! I pick up these high quality, or so I thought, (too SSS I guess) and they just WALK WALK WALK people and continue to ruin my K/BB ratio. Last time it was Soria, this time it was Mayers. At least he still got 2k's and had no hits and no earned runs, but man. It's like CLOCKWORK at this point. Baseball gods know I hate walks more than anything else.

3 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Snell must have a clause in his contract that he’s prohibited from getting a QS.  5 shutout innings at only 74 pitches (in a 7 inning game) and they take him out.  Oh and the bullpen promptly blows his win.  My season is ends with a massacre loss in the championship.

Ugh. Snell's stuff is so good but something is just off with his durability and ability to pitch deep into games. I owned him last year and he's an auto fade for me since.

13 minutes ago, aapox said:

Ugh. Snell's stuff is so good but something is just off with his durability and ability to pitch deep into games. I owned him last year and he's an auto fade for me since.

But his last outing I believe he threw close to a 100 pitches.  Why would they pull him at 74 in a shutout?

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

I came here to bitch about Snell as well. Owning him has been quite underwhelming this year. At least he is getting pay at least somewhat commensurate with his productivity, for which he was threatening to not play at all this year.

His ceiling is so ridiculously low in a QS league.  He doesn’t get them anymore for a plethora of reasons.  I won’t be wasting a keeper on him anymore.