NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cards fan here. 

I admit, I was expecting a better game in week 1, but last week was about as expected. Although one of those 2 Kyler TDs would've been nice. 

I've been predicting all this week that Drake will have a big week 3. DET top CB may be out, so I could see Hopkins having a big day, but even last season Drake had some floor games between blowup games, and this week just feels right for a big 100+ yard, 1+ TD game. Would love to see it, gotta keep those defenses guessing. 

• Like 1

really pulling for Drake for a good week here

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Should I have any concerns about owning BOTH Murray and Drake? I'm thinking of trading T.Hill / J.While or Drake / J.Robinson that's why I'm asking (and I own Murray).

Id watch to see how this week shakes out, Drake should get some receiving TD's soon so that stack would be great for you. If he doesn't get any running or receiving TDs this week I'd look to move from Drake for another RB. I mean hes great but if Murray keeps up with the rushing TD's, drakes basically a 1B runner to Murrays 1A

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Should I have any concerns about owning BOTH Murray and Drake? I'm thinking of trading T.Hill / J.While or Drake / J.Robinson that's why I'm asking (and I own Murray).

I don't know.

I have Dak and Zeke on one team.

It made it a lot easier last week when Dak vultured all those TDs.

1 hour ago, BeefDaddy said:

Id watch to see how this week shakes out, Drake should get some receiving TD's soon so that stack would be great for you. If he doesn't get any running or receiving TDs this week I'd look to move from Drake for another RB. I mean hes great but if Murray keeps up with the rushing TD's, drakes basically a 1B runner to Murrays 1A

Murray’s TD runs were all longer scrambles where the defense was spread out. When they get inside the 10 & the defense is closer I think you’ll see Drake get the calls. Murray at his size isn’t going to plow it in from shorter range. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

So sell Drake low? Why wouldn't you wait until drake gets a 2 td game and then sell him for another rb. Who are you gonna get if he has a dud game? Montgomery?

8 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I really wouldn’t. I have Kyler in one league and Drake in the other, and I’d really like the comfort of knowing that I had them both so they couldn’t vulture each other. It’s not a QB/WR stack, but it feels like one. I’d be happy about the insurance tbh.

16 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

i have this stack and been hoping more for murray to drake td passes for that double dip action.... hasn't happened yet but should be soon.

16 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I already had Murray in one league and traded away DJ and Evans for Drake and Golladay (stole that trade IMO)... bragging aside, I think having both Murray and Drake potentially adds to your consistency. The only downside would be when the Cardinals entire offense bombs (in a bad way), which shouldn't be often (knock on wood, fingers crossed).

BTW good luck on your trade, you'd win if it's THill+JWhite for Drake+JRob (or THill for Drake OR JWhite for JRob). I personally don't take any of those scenarios.

4 hours ago, young dude said:

I already had Murray in one league and traded away DJ and Evans for Drake and Golladay (stole that trade IMO)... bragging aside, I think having both Murray and Drake potentially adds to your consistency. The only downside would be when the Cardinals entire offense bombs (in a bad way), which shouldn't be often (knock on wood, fingers crossed).

BTW good luck on your trade, you'd win if it's THill+JWhite for Drake+JRob (or THill for Drake OR JWhite for JRob). I personally don't take any of those scenarios.

Made the trade last nigh (T.Hill/White FOR Drake/J-Rob)t! J-Rob was completely expendable to the other owner because he was so deep at RB. I guess he felt it was worth it to land a true no. 1 WR. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Made the trade last nigh (T.Hill/White FOR Drake/J-Rob)t! J-Rob was completely expendable to the other owner because he was so deep at RB. I guess he felt it was worth it to land a true no. 1 WR. 

Feel like you made out bigtime on that trade. I mean, I essentially traded JRob for Godwin the other day (need WRs) and I'm still pretty happy with it. Drake is such a clear buy-low opportunity right now. Congrats.

• Thanks 1

[...] is our guy ever going to produce a RB1 week?  Jones absolutely gashed the Lions last week and Kenyan Drake didn't even break double digits.  Anybody who watched the game got any insights into how he looked and how owners should project his value and potential going forward?

Edited by tonycpsu
If you want a post unlocked, report it to us.

Usage is there but Murray is an A$$hole to him .. Takes all of his TDs away in the red zone and goal line. I don’t know how it’s going to stop .. Super frustrating though because you can’t really bench a guy who’s getting 20 touches in that offense .. Idk help me out here 😐 

• Like 2

I sure hope so. [...]

In looking at the game stats, my first reaction is that he needs to be used more in the passing game to achieve his full potential. Two catches isn't going to cut it each week. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed AC. Your trades are not a subject of discussion here.
50 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Usage is there but Murray is an A$$hole to him .. Takes all of his TDs away in the red zone and goal line. I don’t know how it’s going to stop .. Super frustrating though because you can’t really bench a guy who’s getting 20 touches in that offense .. Idk help me out here 😐 

On Kylers TD runs....Drake would not have scored

• Like 1

I'm an avid fan of Drake so listen up.

He looks slower and not as explosive as his usual self. I will continue to encourage him and hope for the best but he needs to get his explosion and burst back or what we have seen so far will continue for the foreseeable future.

Not sure if the walking boot he had on preseason is lingering into the season or not but he doesn't have that same "pop" that I'm used to seeing from him. Add that to his non existent useage in the passing game and color me worried. 

Murray took that 1yd TD in yesterday which usually wouldnt be a big deal but Drake needed to buoy his fantasy day. 1 reception for Drake was bad, this is a guy that has a better than average reputation as a pass catcher and a route runner but they don't use him that way at all. I love Nuke but 15-16 targets a game is becoming predictable, it's why he had 3 INT yesterday, he only has eyes for Nuke, to the detriment of his other pass catchers including Drake.

Fact is I see multiple problems so far for Drake. Running game useage is there but Murray is sniping him at the goal line and I see almost no involvement in the passing game other than as a blocker on a Murray pass or a downfield blocker on a Murray scramble.

*All that being said if you ever quote me on this or try and get me to disparage The Drake in any way I will vehemently deny any and/or all knowledge of said statemtent and will claim that my account was hacked.

• Like 2

He's been getting a decent amount of carries, so I'm not worried about that and I believe he will start scoring more. However, what I am worried about is that he only has five targets on the entire year, which puts him on pace for only 26 on the season. Meanwhile, Hopkins is on pace for 200 targets this year. The problem I see is that Murray seems to be so in love with Hopkins that he's forgetting about everyone else. And when he doesn't decide to throw to Hopkins he just keeps it himself and runs. In order for Drake to be successful, Murray needs to spread things out a bit more and look to include Drake instead of being tunnel visioned on Nuk the entire game.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm an avid fan of Drake so listen up.

He looks slower and not as explosive as his usual self. I will continue to encourage him and hope for the best but he needs to get his explosion and burst back or what we have seen so far will continue for the foreseeable future.

Not sure if the walking boot he had on preseason is lingering into the season or not but he doesn't have that same "pop" that I'm used to seeing from him. Add that to his non existent useage in the passing game and color me worried. 

Murray took that 1yd TD in yesterday which usually wouldnt be a big deal but Drake needed to buoy his fantasy day. 1 reception for Drake was bad, this is a guy that has a better than average reputation as a pass catcher and a route runner but they don't use him that way at all. I love Nuke but 15-16 targets a game is becoming predictable, it's why he had 3 INT yesterday, he only has eyes for Nuke, to the detriment of his other pass catchers including Drake.

Fact is I see multiple problems so far for Drake. Running game useage is there but Murray is sniping him at the goal line and I see almost no involvement in the passing game other than as a blocker on a Murray pass or a downfield blocker on a Murray scramble.

*All that being said if you ever quote me on this or try and get me to disparage The Drake in any way I will vehemently deny any and/or all knowledge of said statemtent and will claim that my account was hacked.

My observations are the same. When he was traded to Arizona last year he looked really explosive. This year he looks noticeably slower and tentative. Could be injury related so hopefully he will get back to his old form soon. The coaches may be using Edmonds more because of this.

Man, Cards fan here. Wow, whiffed on taking Drake in the 1st. At this point, it looks like Kyler and Hops re the only players to own in that offense. He just doesn't have that same explosiveness we saw from him last year. He's made a couple nice runs, but just not seeing that run game that was so punishing last year. I thought this would actually be Drake's breakout week. 

Last season the Cards started out with tons of 10 personnel and wide open passing game, and promptly lost (or tied) every game. Then they leaned on their running game and actually got some Ws. Hoping this 3 INT game will open their eyes, and they'll head to Carolina looking to pound the rock. But yeah, at this point, hard to trust Drake to be more than a RB2/flex. Yikes...

I'm gonna pause hitting the panic button just yet.

Murray is passing way too much and it's not really sustainable. At least the type of throws he's making, aren't. I think getting Drake more involved in the passing game will happen eventually. His start hasn't been ideal, but I think he will pick it up. Whatever explosiveness he's lacking now isn't just gone forever. He's not old. I'd try and be patient here. Drake is still the lead back in a very high powered offense.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic