NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

I'm a drake owner too and ready to sit him down going forward, but it will be hard to bench him with a JUICY matchup next week vs the pitiful Jets.

Easy bench for me unless desperate. This week was supposed to be juicy too. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

I'm a drake owner too and ready to sit him down going forward, but it will be hard to bench him with a JUICY matchup next week vs the pitiful Jets.

We'll be looking for you in the Vent & Rant Thread next week. 

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, affliction said:

He isn’t even getting gl carries I’m ready to rage drop

He had some goal line carries today but he couldn’t do anything with it . Ran him to the outside and got nowhere a couple of times 

Edited by Shaud
  • Like 1

This guy has busted in some really easy matchups.  Big dud so far.  Is it sad that I am hoping that Edmonds and Benjamin will get more chances, to see if they will do any better?

Let's look at some stats through four games:

Ground game - 67 carries / 254 rushing yards / 1TD. YPC 3.8. YPC nowhere near last year's efficiency. Kyler Murray is doing his best Cam Newton impression by vulturing any rushing TD's within the 15 yard line. 

Receiving game - even more disturbing than the ground game. 5 receptions / 20 yards / 0 TD's for Drake.....ON THE YEAR, not one game. Chase Edmonds weaseled his way into the receiving back role this year - today Edmonds went for 5/24/1TD receiving. 

I kept saying to myself: "We need a bigger sample size on Drake." Well, I've seen enough. Sure, he'll probably have some boom games this year, but Drake's a bust. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Edgeraid said:

I knew this guy would be trash and still I bid on him because I just had to have one of the RBs from that tier and he was the only one left.

He sucks. Murray stealing all the TDs and he’s not getting any passes.

This was me too, and I'm sure we're not alone. The big question right now is, should we be starting Edmonds instead?

10 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

This was me too, and I'm sure we're not alone. The big question right now is, should we be starting Edmonds instead?

Hell no, only for Drake to blow up on your bench ... 

You either start Drake & hope for the best. Or you bench both.

Unless Edmonds wins a starting role, now thats different. 

Just now, RunCMC said:

Hell no, only for Drake to blow up on your bench ... 

You either start Drake & hope for the best. Or you bench both.

Unless Edmonds wins a starting role, now thats different. 

I honestly think they should give edmonds a shot at the starting role, I don't see why not. Drake has been a JAG this year. Think its time for the coaching staff to reassess but what do I know lol. I just want a clear answer on who to start in this backfield as I have both 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I honestly think they should give edmonds a shot at the starting role, I don't see why not. Drake has been a JAG this year. Think its time for the coaching staff to reassess but what do I know lol. I just want a clear answer on who to start in this backfield as I have both 

As a solo yolo Drake owner shiiiii .. I hope not lol.

Kliff Kingsbury is a moron honestly, sure let’s just telegraph our plays.

Drake for run, Edmonds for pass.

What .... jesus christ gotta be kidding me. A supposed offensive genius 

No wonder he runs into a wall every single time.

Don’t get me wrong Drake does not look spry, agile, or elusive out there.

It’s a mixture of both , a complete clasterfack.  

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

As a solo yolo Drake owner shiiiii .. I hope not lol.

Kliff Kingsbury is a moron honestly, sure let’s just telegraph our plays.

Drake for run, Edmonds for pass.

What .... jesus christ gotta be kidding me. A supposed offensive genius 

No wonder he runs into a wall every single time.

Don’t get me wrong Drake does not look spry, agile, or elusive out there.

It’s a mixture of both , a complete clasterfack.  

haha agree, I feel the same way lol. Arizona doesn't look as good as the hype at the beginning of the season

He's primed to lose his job. What the hell happened to this guy? This is mostly on Drake. A RB ready to take over the league gets it done at least once in the first four weeks. Come on, this doesn't look good.

31 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

Have you actually watched the games? It's really on the offensive coordinator / head catch, not Drake. He's been a  "jag' because they haven't been using him properly. His lack of use in the passing game, in particular, is astounding.  It's like they're trying to tighten a screw with a hammer. They're currently in last place in their division so hopefully that will motivate them to use him properly. 

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

Have you actually watched the games? It's really on the offensive coordinator / head catch, not Drake. He's been a  "jag' because they haven't been using him properly. His lack of use in the passing game, in particular, is astounding.  It's like they're trying to tighten a screw with a hammer. They're currently in last place in their division so hopefully that will motivate them to use him properly. 

I have watched the games and Drake is arguably 2 steps slower than last season. Through all 4 games this season its clear that he lacks the burst and cuts he once had; maybe its offensive scheme, maybe its his overweight issue this season as he does look bulkier but nonetheless he has lost a step from my observation. Yes, the play calling is trash and Kliff thinks he is smarter than everyone but it is what it is we can't help that

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He's primed to lose his job. What the hell happened to this guy? This is mostly on Drake. A RB ready to take over the league gets it done at least once in the first four weeks. Come on, this doesn't look good.

The man has five catches on the season...and he should be averaging five catches a game. That's inexcusable and on the head coach / offensive coordinator. If you look at his rushing yards last season after the trade he only topped 100 yards three times. They can't just expect him to turn into a conventional RB because that's not what he is. He's not quite as limited as someone like Ekler, but he definitely needs screen passes mixed in to succeed. 

1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:

I have watched the games and Drake is arguably 2 steps slower than last season. Through all 4 games this season its clear that he lacks the burst and cuts he once had; maybe its offensive scheme, maybe its his overweight issue this season as he does look bulkier but nonetheless he has lost a step from my observation. Yes, the play calling is trash and Kliff thinks he is smarter than everyone but it is what it is we can't help that

Yup, he should definitely be getting more dump off passes, but when you go 13 for 35 against one of the worst running defenses in the league part of that's on the player no matter what the play calling was like.

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic