NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

FantasyGuru24

3 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I have watched the games and Drake is arguably 2 steps slower than last season. Through all 4 games this season its clear that he lacks the burst and cuts he once had; maybe its offensive scheme, maybe its his overweight issue this season as he does look bulkier but nonetheless he has lost a step from my observation. Yes, the play calling is trash and Kliff thinks he is smarter than everyone but it is what it is we can't help that

I've watched the games as well and haven't noticed him being any slower. There just aren't holes there because the offensive line is trash. That's even more of a reason to throw him screen passes, but instead they keep trying to run him between the tackles. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I've watched the games as well and haven't noticed him being any slower. There just aren't holes there because the offensive line is trash. That's even more of a reason to throw him screen passes, but instead they keep trying to run him between the tackles. 

I have followed Drake ever since his Miami days, he does not look the same but hey thats my opinion. Arizona is not as good as I was hoping they would be but drake will be a Low end rb2 if that for ROS unless they miraculously change something

5 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The man has five catches on the season...and he should be averaging five catches a game. That's inexcusable and on the head coach / offensive coordinator. If you look at his rushing yards last season after the trade he only topped 100 yards three times. They can't just expect him to turn into a conventional RB because that's not what he is. He's not quite as limited as someone like Ekler, but he definitely needs screen passes mixed in to succeed. 

Consider for a moment that they're not going to him in the passing game because he doesn't look good.

I haven't watched any of the Arizona games this season but clearly after losing to the Panthers you know that there's something wrong with the offense... it's likely Kyle Murray.. hopefully they get back to basics soon and go back to what made them great next season...as of right now though its a hold and pray

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

AZ is losing to some bad teams...

Just now, DeliciousGravy said:

There's no way to sugarcoat this: I have swung and missed on him badly. Figured that this would be a high-tempo spread offense that made running lanes for days. Instead, it looks broken. Kyler's playing well from a fantasy POV I suppose.

Meh. Bring on the season cancellation!

That, plus a contract year is why I got hyped up and thought he could make the leap. The change in usage vs last year is a headscratcher but I don't see that changing.

Lol, everyone in here gettin cray.

I have drake in a couple leagues, and sure I'm a lil disappointed, but really not that worried.

His next 4 games are jets, cowgirls, sea, mia. Unless hes hurt, he'll get his pts.

LOVE THE DRAKE!

1 hour ago, gregp said:

I have drake in a couple leagues, and sure I'm a lil disappointed, but really not that worried.

His next 4 games are jets, cowgirls, sea, mia. Unless hes hurt, he'll get his pts.

LOVE THE DRAKE!

Before this dud The Drake was RB32. He is averaging near career lows in every efficiency category. 

This dude is a bust. 

1 hour ago, gregp said:

LOVE THE DRAKE!

Just played DET and CAR. 5th and 2nd fantasy points against for running back. He score 8.9 and 3.5 against them.

1 hour ago, gregp said:

LOVE THE DRAKE!

Love the Drake? I'd love it if they would just bench his sorry a** and start Edmonds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic