NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

FantasyGuru24

Things aren’t going to change for Drake until the Smurf understands that he can’t be a be a one-man show in the NFL, & he needs to use all of his options on offense. Of all teams, CAR is the one who held down Hopkins to pedestrian yardage totals & Murray couldn’t figure out what else to do other than run it himself

• Like 1

I generally consider myself a good fantasy footballer, but man, I think this is the most wrong I’ve ever been on a player. Total bust and waste of an second round pick. Going from averaging like 5 targets per game last year to a complete afterthought in the passing game. There would be some reason for optimism if the targets were there and he was just having down games, but that’s obviously not the case. This one hurts. 

Even though he’s been bad, there’s gotta be some criticism of the coaching and qb play. Makes no sense that Drake isn’t getting any targets. He’s not even running many routes. He’s just a one dimensional early down runner and that’s not playing towards his strengths. 

Not sure what’s going on but this is highly disappointing. 

Man oh man. 

Cardinals fan here.. Yikes. 

He came in mid-season, and was on fire. 

Running hard, huge burst, picking up the offense on the fly. 

The talk all off-season was how he was getting more knowledgable of the season. 

I saw a huge year on deck. It's been super disappointing thus far. 

Next week vs. the Jets, THE JETS, I may have to bench him, a week after Gordon ran all over them for 2 TDs. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

4 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Man oh man. 

Cardinals fan here.. Yikes. 

He came in mid-season, and was on fire. 

Running hard, huge burst, picking up the offense on the fly. 

The talk all off-season was how he was getting more knowledgable of the season. 

I saw a huge year on deck. It's been super disappointing thus far. 

Next week vs. the Jets, THE JETS, I may have to bench him, a week after Gordon ran all over them for 2 TDs. 

[...]

Yep and then the second we bench him it’s gonna be a 150 yard 2 TD explosion lol

• Haha 1

Is there any consideration, for his lack of production, the injury he sustained in the off season that kept him in a walking boot right up until Week 1 kickoff? Could be hampering him still.. and why we don’t see the burst he normally has.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Wind ? More like a puff of air lol

There is no wind in Drake, no burst. 

1st & Goal at CAR 6
(8:42 - 2nd) (Shotgun) K.Drake right end pushed ob at CAR 3 for 3 yards (S.Thompson; T.Pride).

1st & Goal at CAR 1
(8:04 - 2nd) J.Murray reported in as eligible. K.Drake left end pushed ob at CAR 3 for -2 yards (T.Pride).

1st & Goal at CAR 7
(1:57 - 3rd) (Shotgun) K.Drake left end to CAR 3 for 4 yards (J.Chinn; S.Thompson).

A few notable carries from the Drake inside the 10. They tried, I guess that's the silver lining. I remember seeing not much he could do with his opportunities, but also that he didn't appear to have any burst.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Like 2

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic