NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

FantasyGuru24

The most likely explanation for this start to the season is that Chase Edmonds is sabotaging him, just as he did David Johnson. Perhaps a mild poison? Injecting just enough liquid metal into Drake’s cleats to slow him down a step but not be noticeable? Maybe he even perfected the art of inception to plant the idea in Kingsbury’s head that Drake should not be used in the passing game? Look, I’m no criminal mastermind, so I don’t know the means. What I do know, is that we’re about a week or two away from Edmonds’ master plan of becoming Arizona’s RB1 coming to fruition. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

the way Kingsbury treated David Johnson, I wonder if there is more to the story. Anyone remember the David Johnson 3 carries and head to IR knows.

Cards fan here. What's crazy is how he handled it last yr is part of why I grabbed Drake high this year. He clearly liked how Drake played and regardless of DJs money, just force fed Drake. I was convinced that after an offseason learning the playbook better, he was going to tear it up this year and K2 would feed the beast every Sunday. That kyler has stolen some TDs isn't shocking but that his ypc is so low, he looks so slow, no targets, and the run game in general looks washed is mind blowing. Def didn't see this coming 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Cards fan here. What's crazy is how he handled it last yr is part of why I grabbed Drake high this year. He clearly liked how Drake played and regardless of DJs money, just force fed Drake. I was convinced that after an offseason learning the playbook better, he was going to tear it up this year and K2 would feed the beast every Sunday. That kyler has stolen some TDs isn't shocking but that his ypc is so low, he looks so slow, no targets, and the run game in general looks washed is mind blowing. Def didn't see this coming 

What’s the local word on Drake’s struggles and any potential increase in Edmonds’ touches in the short term? 

6 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

I generally consider myself a good fantasy footballer, but man, I think this is the most wrong I’ve ever been on a player. Total bust and waste of an second round pick. Going from averaging like 5 targets per game last year to a complete afterthought in the passing game. There would be some reason for optimism if the targets were there and he was just having down games, but that’s obviously not the case. This one hurts. 

Don't beat yourself up - the second tier RBs (low first to second round guys) are usually the big busts in fantasy.  It's one of the main reasons Zero RB came into vogue.

• Like 3

Drake will likely get a longer leash because he signed a contract for 8 million dollars before the season.  It's only a one year deal so he's a free agent if they don't re-sign him after the season but you have to think he'll get at least a couple more games as the lead guy to prove himself.  Also, Drake was injured toward the end of yesterday's game which could explain Edmonds being used more.

Edited by sjm76

7 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I'm guilty of this, and so was just about every fantasy site out there: no way he should've gone, or been ranked, higher than Aaron Jones.

I'm such an idiot!

Honestly we all did ... I passed on Jones in all my leagues. A Good 90% of us had the opportunity to draft him but didn't.

The TD regression, doesn't get enough snaps. Yup I drank the same kool-aid *booty juice flavor* 

I'm still tripping the F out why Drake isn't getting any targets ... dumbfounded to say the least.

Sole reason I drafted him was the huge PPR floor & supposed breakout year. HOAX

Thought I had my league fooled going Drake 10th + Sanders 11th. Jesus Christ the pain I tell ya

Like a loose grenade in your own fox hole ... pow right in the kisser.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It’s not Drakes fault the blocking up front is horrendous, he isn’t running pass routes as often as he did last year, and I’ve seen Kyler RPO more often that not than last year.

Blame it on Kliff, they need to make adjustments and I believe it will happen soon as this week especially losing to the lions and panthers.

drake is a low end RB2 as of right now but he still has time to turn it around

• Like 2

im really not worried to be honest...i saw 1 of the goaline touches they gave him yesterday...it was a toss where the whole defense was waiting for it on the side of the toss....really bad play call...i really think they are not calling the right runs or murray is not checking to the correct runs because that was a disaster...should have been a run up the gut...may seem silly to say this but i really think this week is the get right game for drake...i kno people will say but carolina...i will say as one example that the reason LF had a big game in week 2 was because it was the end of the game and the defense was tired...boom he finds a crease and makes a big play to seal it...they were also sitting on a lead at this point..in week 3 austin ekeler did most of his damage in the passing game...only had 59 yards rushing...84 receiving...clearly if drake doesnt get much passing game attention you are comparing apples to oranges...there was also negative game script involved this week...cant keep with the run game and if murray has tunnel vision to hopkins in the passing game there isnt much you can do until they decide to scheme things for drake which the coach acknowledged they need to do after the game this week...i say sit tight guys...the FF tv analysts need someone to hype up and so they are going to push edmunds this week...dont fall for the mind ****

5 minutes ago, Guccimonster said:

It’s not Drakes fault the blocking up front is horrendous, he isn’t running pass routes as often as he did last year, and I’ve seen Kyler RPO more often that not than last year.

Blame it on Kliff, they need to make adjustments and I believe it will happen soon as this week especially losing to the lions and panthers.

drake is a low end RB2 as of right now but he still has time to turn it around

having a true ALPHA wr has really changed the complexion of the offense ... Kyler rarely goes past his first read, 30% of which is Nuk - he will either tuck n' scoot or toss it incomplete ... and it's all BANGBANG - he is not scanning much past first look - either by design or inexperience, but he is not progressing with his reads. 

• Like 3

I definitely agree with all the points above about blocking/playcalling/lack of scheming in the passing game. They’re all against him at this point.

But for the life of me I cannot get over how sluggish he looks. That “injury” he got during camp might be an actual issue, and playing through it certainly isn’t making it better.

luckily he plays the Jets this week, where I’d be comfortable starting him and Edmonds as FLEX options

1 hour ago, Power-O said:

im really not worried to be honest...i saw 1 of the goaline touches they gave him yesterday...it was a toss where the whole defense was waiting for it on the side of the toss....really bad play call...i really think they are not calling the right runs or murray is not checking to the correct runs because that was a disaster.

You say you're not worried. Then do a fantastic job pointing out one of the main reasons to be worried 

50 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

I feel like Kingsbury broke him and hiding it. He seems to hard on his running backs. 

Thats BS. No team in the NFL is hard as Seattle on RBs and they pump out RB1s all the time.

This entire team is just overrated. Murray, Drake, Kingsbury, and everyone else. People were treating them like a legit dark horse. Don’t think so.

• Like 1

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic