NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

On 10/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, TwoCan Sam said:

That could be part of an issue, however it’s not the main problem.

Run blocking and Murray are the main problems. On run plays they get barely any holes for Drake to utilize (Edmonds also struggles to get anything going). Murray is also taking off and running after he sees that his first read (Hopkins) is covered and refuses to check down.

I agree with this.  When Edmonds is put in the same situations as Drake (tight formations, 2 TE, < 3 WR, etc) his performance has been no better.  Arizona’s offense has not been effective in these situations.  Some fantasy players look at Edmonds numbers and assume he is outplaying Drake, but he isn’t. I own both - I would be happy for either to “win the job”, but I don’t think that will happen. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, lml417 said:

what are some realistic expectations for Drake this week?

Cardinals should be up against Cowboys this week. Potential shootout game?

I think he's an RB3 or flex, he will get 15 carries for 45-60 yards, with 1 reception.  If he scores a TD he gets 14ish points.  The lack of receptions is bad, it really hurts his floor.  

Oh ya and he's going to my bench, only because I have Hunt, Robinson and Mosert though

Edited by mortman212
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Sherlocklock said:

I agree with this.  When Edmonds is put in the same situations as Drake (tight formations, 2 TE, < 3 WR, etc) his performance has been no better.  Arizona’s offense has not been effective in these situations.  Some fantasy players look at Edmonds numbers and assume he is outplaying Drake, but he isn’t. I own both - I would be happy for either to “win the job”, but I don’t think that will happen. 

How do you deploy them while owing both? Have Drake been your starter and Chase flex?

I think this is Drake's last week to have a big game.  If he has another 18 carries for 60 yards type of outing, they will likely get Chase Edmonds a lot more involved next week and it could end up being an even timeshare.  If Edmonds shows well with his carries, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him be the guy.

15 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I think this is Drake's last week to have a big game.  If he has another 18 carries for 60 yards type of outing, they will likely get Chase Edmonds a lot more involved next week and it could end up being an even timeshare.  If Edmonds shows well with his carries, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him be the guy.

If Drake got 18 for 60 then Edmonds would have 18 for 36 and a greater likelihood of getting injured.

Most plays Chase is in for are passing downs and the defense called against that set is different than when Drake runs it.

What evidence leads you to believe that Chase would do better on predictable running downs than Kenyan?

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

From a REALITY football standpoint, Edmonds deserves more opportunities.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

Wasn’t that last week?

• Haha 3

I traded for him before Week 5. I think there’s a solid 70% chance he never turns it around and is an RB2/3 all year. But the upside Is too tempting. Kid is still getting touches and I really don’t think the coaching staff trusts Edmonds as a workhouse. 

We shall see. 

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well Drake is going up against a Dallas D that just made Devonta Freeman look almost like his 2014 self again.

It's a good opportunity.

yea but he couldn't do anything against the panthers who every RB has toasted this year. At some point we just need to admit to ourselves that he isn't their best option at RB. He may have a good game but im still not buying it. I will look to sell high if he does. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for him to do that btw lol

Edited by kdpat15
2 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

yea but he couldn't do anything against the panthers who every RB has toasted this year. At some point we just need to admit to ourselves that he isn't their best option at RB. He may have a good game but im still not buying it. I will look to sell high if he does. I have been waiting for 3 weeks for him to do that btw lol

What you didnt kno about that panters matchup is the panthers got back a defensive lineman who beefed up their run defense...that same guy i believe went down last week against the falcons which is a good reason why gurley had a good game last week

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

What you didnt kno about that panters matchup is the panthers got back a defensive lineman who beefed up their run defense...that same guy i believe went down last week against the falcons which is a good reason why gurley had a good game last week

I am a panthers fan and I can tell you that didn't matter lol

The Drake has finally arrived ! 

Now we need him to build on this performance moving forward.

He looked shifty & agile tonight ... each time toting the rock. 

Now folks can finally stop with this foolish Chase Edmonds talk.

Seriously ... Edmonds catches passes, that's it. And fooks with our sanity every now and then lol.

But no more I say, no more.

Edited by RunCMC
1 minute ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Alright fellas what's the game plan here? I might sell to upgrade in my WR department. 

Sell if you’re in ppr maybe hold if your standard and need rb depth 

He has no upside because of Murray 

Edited by affliction
2 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

ahem...... LEAGUE WINNER!? 

I just don’t see it with this team. KK strikes me as one of those offensive guru types, who likes to show how smart he is by changing the style every week. Watch next week Drake will get like 10 touches. 

it’s similar to McVay with the rams or Naggy back with the Bears. 

Edited by Jrt80
  • Like 2