NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, devilfish said:

So Drake was carted off the field and cried and you guys think he will miss one week?😄

If this ends up being a one week injury, you might find Drake trying to break his own leg to avoid the public shaming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Should be getting news this afternoon but the fact we haven't heard anything along the lines of "Cardinals don't believe Drake's injury is serious" means it probably isn't good.

Hopefully we get more info than we got on Mixon's MRI from last Monday.

3 hours ago, CooL said:

The dude was crying.  He's a professional athlete and knows when the year is done.  He's not going to cry because he broke a bone and it hurts a bit.  These guys are warriors and they are as tough as they come.  MRI will confirm later this morning that he was the biggest non-injury first/second round bust.

Drake cries all the time tho  😂

Hoping for some good news on the MRI 

I personally don't think it's a season ender, but I do believe Drake felt that way when it initially happened. Got super emotional 

Either way speed recovery for him.

3 hours ago, LSUtiger said:

X-rays wouldn’t reflect an Achilles tear. That is confirmed on MRI, which will tell the story here on Drake. 

They would know if it’s an Achilles rupture immediately.  You don’t even need an MRI.  You can feel it with your fingers and your foot literally will not operate.  I know because I’ve done one.  And, bro, it is not a cool story. 😵

But he could have any number of partial tears or strains in the calf/Achilles that would effectively shut him down for weeks, and you would need an MRI to determine the extent of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

High ankle sprain is usually 4 to 6 weeks. Weeks 5 and 6 are NE and the Rams. Do you guys think he's worth holding? I personally don't. He comes back and has to get eased in and his production has been less than stellar and his value was pretty much based on his volume which he won't have anymore.

1 minute ago, Mingalicious said:

High ankle sprain is usually 4 to 6 weeks. Weeks 5 and 6 are NE and the Rams. Do you guys think he's worth holding? I personally don't. He comes back and has to get eased in and his production has been less than stellar and his value was pretty much based on his volume which he won't have anymore.

I wouldn't drop him.  If your timeline is correct, he's back for the playoffs and he still has RB1 upside.  I wouldn't want this guy being stashed by my potential Week 14/15 playoff opponent.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Mingalicious said:

Depends on your situation.

If you are making the playoffs or have an IR spot, I would hold.

If you need help asap he is probably the first to be dropped. 

Anyways I would suggest to wait a week or two. I am curious if Edmonds can handle the workload and stay healthy to see if Drake can get his job back

1 minute ago, dropshadows said:

Look, as someone who cries a lot, I get it. He was struggling to find open lanes and sustained a high ankle sprain. Its just an emotional release. He probably has himself on his fantasy team.

I think he was crying because he realized they will get to showcase Chase now which means he won't get paid next year lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I think he was crying because he realized they will get to showcase Chase now which means he won't get paid next year lol

agree I think he’s crying cause he’s played like doo doo on his “prove it” deal and knows this just cost him a few new Lamborghini and a vacation home in Palm Springs.

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Mingalicious said:

Yeah the only way he's out a "few" weeks is if by few they mean six. Also, Chase is better than him. Barring injury Chase will take his job. So you're holding a RB3/4 for 6 weeks to likely not start him once he's back anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yeah the only way he's out a "few" weeks is if by few they mean six. Also, Chase is better than him. Barring injury Chase will take his job. So you're holding a RB3/4 for 6 weeks to likely not start him once he's back anyway. 

In all likelihood Chase will be a high-end option right up until the fantasy playoffs than Drake's return will make the backfield a mess again.

• Like 4

I suspect they put Drake on IR this week and sign a free agent or practice squad running back as soon as possible to get the new guy practice reps and hopefully AZ won't have to use him.

I could see them signing someone like Lamar Miller or Alex Collins for depth behind Edmonds and Eno.