Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

RIP Drake....Drop City🌃!!! Dude was done b4 the injury happened, the injury just solidified it, and makes it a lot easier for management and staff to go with the better option....this is Edmonds backfield ROS

Edited by Tomei7
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

RIP Drake....Drop City🌃!!! Dude was done b4 the injury happened, the injury just solidified it, and makes it a lot easier for management and staff to go with the better option....this is Edmonds backfield ROS

 

Chocolate chip or oatmeal ? 🍪

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

RIP Drake....Drop City🌃!!! Dude was done b4 the injury happened, the injury just solidified it, and makes it a lot easier for management and staff to go with the better option....this is Edmonds backfield ROS

Im not saying your wrong BUT didn’t Drake get all his hype from essentially going off the last few weeks of 2019? What’s to say that doesn’t happen again. Maybe he’s a “winter” season RB? 
 

Also the part no one seems to be acknowledging is that chase Edmonds is pretty fragile himself. He’s missed multiple weeks the last 3 seasons with injuries, and that was in a back up role. I just don’t see chase Edmonds staying healthy for 8+ weeks as the main RB, and I think Arizona is going RB shopping. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Im not saying your wrong BUT didn’t Drake get all his hype from essentially going off the last few weeks of 2019? What’s to say that doesn’t happen again. Maybe he’s a “winter” season RB? 
 

Also the part no one seems to be acknowledging is that chase Edmonds is pretty fragile himself. He’s missed multiple weeks the last 3 seasons with injuries, and that was in a back up role. I just don’t see chase Edmonds staying healthy for 8+ weeks as the main RB, and I think Arizona is going RB shopping. 

Nah, Drake is washed and injured, no brainer......this is Edmonds and Eno’s backfield from here on out

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Nah, Drake is washed and injured, no brainer......this is Edmonds and Eno’s backfield from here on out

You may be right about Drake, but Edmonds has gotten injured every time they gave him a giant workload in the past. It’ll be his backfield for 3 games at most. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

You may be right about Drake, but Edmonds has gotten injured every time they gave him a giant workload in the past. It’ll be his backfield for 3 games at most. 

every time? it happened once lol

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cardiak said:

Nothing was broken. You guys really think he's done?

 

missing several weeks and then has to get back into the flow of things. Plus he wasn't doing that well before the injury with edmonds getting passing work and murray vulturing TDs. I'd hold if i owned him but i wouldn't be confident about his ROS outlook especially if edmonds starts producing. This bye week is the best thing for him as it's one less week that the coaches get to see the team work without him

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just heard an interview with Steve Keim on ESPN radio.  He said Drake's injury was not as severe as they initially feared it would be, and Drake should only be out for a couple of weeks.

If Drake does not go on IR, and I do not think he has yet, it could be because he will return much sooner than we all initially thought.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I just heard an interview with Steve Keim on ESPN radio.  He said Drake's injury was not as severe as they initially feared it would be, and Drake should only be out for a couple of weeks.

If Drake does not go on IR, and I do not think he has yet, it could be because he will return much sooner than we all initially thought.

 

This is big, if true.

 

This interview was when? After the initial "few weeks" news broke?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rasrar said:

 

This is big, if true.

 

This interview was when? After the initial "few weeks" news broke?

I heard it about an hour ago on Freddie and Fitzsimmons but it could have been recorded earlier.  I believe the interview was from some time today.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I heard it about an hour ago on Freddie and Fitzsimmons but it could have been recorded earlier.  I believe the interview was from some time today.

 

That's encouraging. I'm still expecting him to miss 2 games... but if he's able to come back only missing a couple games, thats a win.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rasrar said:

 

That's encouraging. I'm still expecting him to miss 2 games... but if he's able to come back only missing a couple games, thats a win.

Yep. He hasn’t been stellar but RB depth will be key this season. IMO there is no way he doesn’t get a healthy amount of touches upon his return. What he does with those touches, who knows, but he’ll get them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blazehound said:

Yep. He hasn’t been stellar but RB depth will be key this season. IMO there is no way he doesn’t get a healthy amount of touches upon his return. What he does with those touches, who knows, but he’ll get them.

I wish I believed this, but Edmonds could flip the script on him if he performs well. I think the coaching/playcalling has been atrocious - with Drake being entirely phased out of the passing game, it makes the playcalling way too predictable when he's on the field. I don't think Chase is a fundamentally better player, but the playcalling creativity when he's in the game is much better and I can see Edmonds performing well enough to overtake the lead role. I hope that doesn't happen though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, trilly said:

I wish I believed this, but Edmonds could flip the script on him if he performs well. I think the coaching/playcalling has been atrocious - with Drake being entirely phased out of the passing game, it makes the playcalling way too predictable when he's on the field. I don't think Chase is a fundamentally better player, but the playcalling creativity when he's in the game is much better and I can see Edmonds performing well enough to overtake the lead role. I hope that doesn't happen though.

 

I just don't think they see Edmonds as the guy. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I'm confident that Drake will be heavily involved when he gets back.

I 100% expect the same awful "run into the pile" usage, so we'll once again be looking at 20/70 type games with a chance of a big run. Better than nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...