NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

Context matters.  The Cardinals inexplicably aren't passing to Drake so of course his numbers will be depressed in a PPR league.  Now add in a TD vulturing QB. 

It'll be interesting to see how Edmonds performs in his early down carries.

And Drake has had 119 carries to Edmonds 29 so that’s 90 more carries Drake has gotten, that’s 38pts more from a rushing aspect with Drakes 4.3 ypc. Instead of Edmonds getting 4 carries per game, they could bump it up to 8 when Drake returns(whenever that is) and we talking Drake getting left in the dust. Nobody knows what’s going to really happen it’s all speculation but I’d take Edmonds all day over Drake, I wouldn’t think twice.

Drake: 119-512yds 4.3 ypc 4tds

10targets 7recs 29yds 0tds

Chase: 29-176yds 6.0 ypc 1td

32targets 26recs 222yds 2TDs

Not even close whose better.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Wait, people are defending who's the more talented back in here? 

Drakes value was the fact that he had a big contract and was getting all of the touches. 

Drake scored 13 more points in standard, and 3 FEWER points in PPR? (estimating here.) 

That Dallas fluke touchdown was a blessing. Never forget that Miami let him go. You're damn right I own Edmonds. I drafted him and held him this long because I knew talent would win out. He had standalone value with Drake in the lineup....

You guys are on some copeium in here.

Miami let Tannehill go too.

I think you missed his point completely, Tomei7.     He is trying to say Edmonds not getting the early down carries is built into his inflated YPC.  

I'll remind you that last year, Edmonds stepped in mid-game for DJ and ran wild.  The next game, when teams probably knew he was going to get the rock a whole lot more than usual, he was held to 8 yards on 7 carries and then got hurt too.   When he came back from injury, the Cards PHASED HIM OUT and went with Drake and DJ behind him.   Then they signed Drake to a contract, and installed him as a starter, relegating Edmonds again to CoP role.   The team is closest to all these players, and I'm super intrigued why they have hesitated to commit to him in such glaring fashion. 

Disclaimer: I have no shares of any of these guys. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

I think you missed his point completely, Tomei7.     He is trying to say Edmonds not getting the early down carries is built into his inflated YPC.  

I'll remind you that last year, Edmonds stepped in mid-game for DJ and ran wild.  The next game, when teams probably knew he was going to get the rock a whole lot more than usual, he was held to 8 yards on 7 carries and then got hurt too.   When he came back from injury, the Cards PHASED HIM OUT and went with Drake and DJ behind him.   Then they signed Drake to a contract, and installed him as a starter, relegating Edmonds again to CoP role.   The team is closest to all these players, and I'm super intrigued why they have hesitated to commit to him in such glaring fashion. 

Disclaimer: I have no shares of any of these guys. 

I have not missed his point, I understand very well while taking into account that Edmonds ypc is inflated because of more 3rd down runs and not on early down runs, that’s a no brainer. I would still take Chase over Drake even if the share stayed the same, if Chase starts to dig into Drakes carries watch out. My whole point is that Chase is the better back to own IMO “especially” in PPR. AZ traded for Drake because of the overall health of the RB room last yr, I believe that trade was made a day after the injury to Edmonds, he’s on a 1yr contract this yr so I can see them driving him into the ground like they have, he just isn’t productive in reality and also fantasy for his price AZ has spent and Fantasy Owners here have spent.

I have them both and like them both.  Pretty sure Drake is going to miss one or two games at most then each will return to the roles they have been filling thus far.

8 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

And Drake has had 119 carries to Edmonds 29 so that’s 90 more carries Drake has gotten, that’s 38pts more from a rushing aspect with Drakes 4.3 ypc. Instead of Edmonds getting 4 carries per game, they could bump it up to 8 when Drake returns(whenever that is) and we talking Drake getting left in the dust. Nobody knows what’s going to really happen it’s all speculation but I’d take Edmonds all day over Drake, I wouldn’t think twice.

Drake: 119-512yds 4.3 ypc 4tds

10targets 7recs 29yds 0tds

Chase: 29-176yds 6.0 ypc 1td

32targets 26recs 222yds 2TDs

Not even close whose better.

...so Drake has scored more points than Edmonds. 

You can think whatever you want about who is better.  You can reasonably speculate about who will be more productive rest of season.  And we can all talk about what AZ should or shouldn't have done or do.

But the facts are: Drake has been the clear cut feature back, Edmonds the COP/3rd down guy.  Drake has scored more fantasy points.  Drake is injured now.

I hope Edmonds balls out and holds up.  We don't know if he will or won't.  We also don't know how touches will be divided up when Drake comes back.  Maybe Edmonds takes over, maybe they switch roles, or maybe it goes back to what it's been so far.  We'll have to see.

What's the point of your post?  Do you think people should cut Drake?  Should they offer Zeke or Michael Thomas for Edmonds?  What value are you bringing to the table?

I have both on one team, with no IR and a 5 man bench.  At the moment, because of byes and other injuries, my flex is empty.  I'll have to drop someone to fill it, unless I get some booms and my opponent gets busts in the 1pm games.

And I'm not comfortable dropping Drake at this point.  I'm not comfortable dropping Chark or Deebo either, but WR is a less scarce resource. 

I'd advise people to be patient, assess their own teams, and proceed from there.  If you have to drop, you have to drop - but know that Drake is a dangerous player to send to the wire, and that Edmonds is no guarantee to both produce and take over full time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

...so Drake has scored more points than Edmonds. 

You can think whatever you want about who is better.  You can reasonably speculate about who will be more productive rest of season.  And we can all talk about what AZ should or shouldn't have done or do.

But the facts are: Drake has been the clear cut feature back, Edmonds the COP/3rd down guy.  Drake has scored more fantasy points.  Drake is injured now.

I hope Edmonds balls out and holds up.  We don't know if he will or won't.  We also don't know how touches will be divided up when Drake comes back.  Maybe Edmonds takes over, maybe they switch roles, or maybe it goes back to what it's been so far.  We'll have to see.

What's the point of your post?  Do you think people should cut Drake?  Should they offer Zeke or Michael Thomas for Edmonds?  What value are you bringing to the table?

I have both on one team, with no IR and a 5 man bench.  At the moment, because of byes and other injuries, my flex is empty.  I'll have to drop someone to fill it, unless I get some booms and my opponent gets busts in the 1pm games.

And I'm not comfortable dropping Drake at this point.  I'm not comfortable dropping Chark or Deebo either, but WR is a less scarce resource. 

I'd advise people to be patient, assess their own teams, and proceed from there.  If you have to drop, you have to drop - but know that Drake is a dangerous player to send to the wire, and that Edmonds is no guarantee to both produce and take over full time.

This x1000

If u read anything from my previous posts u would have understood my points (obviously u haven’t or maybe it’s hard for u to comprehend for whatever reason)and it’s all out of opinion, that is what these outlook threads are for. I’ll save u the time if u would like.......going off the #’s thus far from a PPR aspect, if Chase happens to receive more carries and opportunities he will be the back to own without question. Chase is averaging 4 carries per game to Drakes 17 carries per game. Kliff has already stated that Chase is a starting RB in this league. With nobody knowing when Drake will be back or how AZ will handle the share when he does return everything is speculation, so you lost me on all of ur questions. Nobody should be dropping Drake, that be foolish. I wouldn’t trade Zeke or Michael Thomas for Edmonds either that would be insane at the moment, that may be an easier question to answer a few weeks from now.

Edited by Tomei7
14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Pretty sure Drake is going to miss one or two games at most then each will return to the roles they have been filling thus far.

I think Drake will be back for week 12, but I agree that he and Edmonds will return to their original roles.  

Unfortunately, I had to trade Drake since my QB2 in my superflex league is Minshew.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tomei7 said:

If u read anything from my previous posts there is plenty to see to answer ur questions (obviously u haven’t or maybe it’s hard for u to comprehend for whatever reason)and it’s all out of opinion, that is what these outlook threads are for. I’ll save u the time if u would like.......going off the #’s thus far from a PPR aspect, if Chase happens to receive more carries and opportunities he will be the back to own without question. Chase is averaging 4 carries per game to Drakes 17 carries per game. Kliff has already stated that Chase is a starting RB in this league. 

Actions speak louder than words, right?  So what does it say when Edmonds has been primarily used as a change-of-pace back? 

You also can't assume that Edmonds will maintain his efficiency with increased volume and early down carries.

It’s called Drake being paid 8.4m on a 1yr contract and AZ winning games and are at 5-2, no reason to panic, the job is still getting done. It’s not like Drake is horrible but it seems to me their trying to get their moneys worth while collecting W’s. Chase is my RB4  in a 12man and he’s not gonna sniff my lineup when both him and Drake are available unless due to injury or bye weeks. If Drake is ur RB1 or RB2 ur season is more likely in trouble so I see the agony.

Edited by Tomei7

But why would they even need to spend that money if they knew they had a starter in Chase last year???   You make it seem like they are forced to spend money on Drake.  They didn't have to and could have turned everything over to Chase.   But they didn't, they didn't even make it a competition, simply gave the top spot to Drake and kept a Chase in his regular role, where he absolutely excels.  

It will be interesting to see how he does when he starts a game, because the one game sample size we have is either not positive or inconclusive.   Either way, to me it's obvious Arizona has been hesitant to give Edmonds a full load for much of the last year.  Now they are forced to, so we'll see what happens.   But Drake is not going away.  By your logic when he's back they will def plug him back in to "get their money's worth"...

• Like 2
On 10/31/2020 at 8:07 PM, Child_Please said:

But why would they even need to spend that money if they knew they had a starter in Chase last year???   You make it seem like they are forced to spend money on Drake.  They didn't have to and could have turned everything over to Chase.   But they didn't, they didn't even make it a competition, simply gave the top spot to Drake and kept a Chase in his regular role, where he absolutely excels.  

It will be interesting to see how he does when he starts a game, because the one game sample size we have is either not positive or inconclusive.   Either way, to me it's obvious Arizona has been hesitant to give Edmonds a full load for much of the last year.  Now they are forced to, so we'll see what happens.   But Drake is not going away.  By your logic when he's back they will def plug him back in to "get their money's worth"...

logic would tell you they don't view him as a starter... unlike all the chase edmonds owners barking that he should be LOL.. inflated YPC is edmonds jam.... 3rd and 27 - safeties and DB play it safe... edmonds gets a dump off pass for 18 yards (Cuz they defense gave him the yards to not give up the deep) and then you have all edmonds owners saying look how good!!.

ps. if only edmonds could play the giants every game eh?

4 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

logic would tell you they don't view him as a starter... unlike all the chase edmonds owners barking that he should be LOL.. inflated YPC is edmonds jam.... 3rd and 27 - safeties and DB play it safe... edmonds gets a dump off pass for 18 yards (Cuz they defense gave him the yards to not give up the deep) and then you have all edmonds owners saying look how good!!.

ps. if only edmonds could play the giants every game eh?

If only drake could play the cowboys every week.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

At the risk of upsetting the Chase Edmond will be the lead back going forward truthers...

Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said Kenyan Drake's ankle injury isn't as severe as first believed. 

Kingsbury said the team was "very fortunate" Drake's injury wasn't as bad as they thought when he was carted off the field a couple weeks ago against the Seahawks. Kingsbury called Drake "day to day" but didn't say whether he would suit up against the Dolphins this week. Drake drafters should prepare to go without Drake for Week 9, but Week 10 looks like a real possibility for his return. Chase Edmonds, the team's lead back if Drake is out, should be rostered in all formats. 

walking boot for weeks of preseason. Mostly sub-par during the season. Bad looking injury and now coach speak about a general schedule of "might not be out very long". I'm not totally buying it. Meh. Let's just say I'm not running out to "buy low".

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, rotochat said:

Only time will tell who’s lucky. He’s sucked so far based on his preseason expectations 

If anyone picked him up vs drafting.. it doesn't really matter either way. The upside is tremendous if you picked him up for free

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

If anyone picked him up vs drafting.. it doesn't really matter either way. The upside is tremendous if you picked him up for free

Are you trying to will something into existence?  He's been terrible all year and been outplayed by Chase.  I still can't believe after he was bawling his eyes out that he's only going to miss one week.

I'd say the upside of CHASE is tremendous and you likely picked him up for free or at the very least spent some FAAB to get him.

8 hours ago, CooL said:

Are you trying to will something into existence?  He's been terrible all year and been outplayed by Chase.  I still can't believe after he was bawling his eyes out that he's only going to miss one week.

I'd say the upside of CHASE is tremendous and you likely picked him up for free or at the very least spent some FAAB to get him.

Terrible.. 14.5,11.5,8.9,3.5,13.2,28.4 & 5.1. 2 Terrible games. Maybe you expect 20 every game but I don't. I'm looking for realistic numbers of 10ish plus. That's pretty consistent imo especially if you spent no draft capital or FAAB

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2