NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Even Hopkins kind of just chilled yesterday. I don't know that yesterday showed that Edmonds can't be a lead back... if anything it suggested that the lead back in ARI is only there to be a threat to run for 1-4 yards up the gut, so that Kyler has the lanes to get his big-chunk gains. And he'll also be taking most of the short-yardage TD's too.

Exactly....drake owners have nothing to really celebrate here. Kyler limits the starting RB and when drake returns kyler will take the runs and edmonds will get the passing work. AS long as edmonds is healthy drake will continue to underperform 

I like how its the same people in both the Drake and Edmonds thread just arguing about the same thing.

If Drake is back this week, I expect him to pick up where he left off. RB2 with no involvement in the passing game. Obviously not the results people wanted taking him in the 1st/2nd, but should still provide value to most people that drafted him.

• Like 2
Just now, King Gonzo said:

I like how its the same people in both the Drake and Edmonds thread just arguing about the same thing.

If Drake is back this week, I expect him to pick up where he left off. RB2 with no involvement in the passing game. Obviously not the results people wanted taking him in the 1st/2nd, but should still provide value to most people that drafted him.

Yep. He's usually a good bet for like 10-ish points in half PPR and I'd wager he'll have a few games down the stretch where he rips off a long run. Outside of the 5 or 6 truly elite RBs this year that's kind of decent lol.

• Like 1

I’ve been talking about it in here for months, this team can’t run block for sh*t. I was really excited to own drake this year so I’ve watched most of his snaps this season. He’s the same explosive and dynamic player as last year, but has had absolutely nowhere to run. Edmonds suffered the same fate yesterday. What I don’t understand is what happened between last season and this one... I think most of the Oline returned from last season when blocking really didn’t seem to be an issue. What gives?

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I’ve been talking about it in here for months, this team can’t run block for sh*t. I was really excited to own drake this year so I’ve watched most of his snaps this season. He’s the same explosive and dynamic player as last year, but has had absolutely nowhere to run. Edmonds suffered the same fate yesterday. What I don’t understand is what happened between last season and this one... I think most of the Oline returned from last season when blocking really didn’t seem to be an issue. What gives?

Blocking was trash last year too.  They all returned, since Zona didn’t upgrade the line at all, which is why run blocking is still trash.

I really like Drake, been a fan of his for a while but I do not like his situation. Even Edmonds barley put up 10pts in 0.5PPR with 25 touches. Whoever is the "starting" RB in this offense should have better days, but it hasn't been consistent this year. I think Drake has the talent to shine in this offense but it could end up a true committee going forward.

31 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I really like Drake, been a fan of his for a while but I do not like his situation. Even Edmonds barley put up 10pts in 0.5PPR with 25 touches. Whoever is the "starting" RB in this offense should have better days, but it hasn't been consistent this year. I think Drake has the talent to shine in this offense but it could end up a true committee going forward.

Only if edmonds gets hurt will drake have any real fantasy value. 

Just now, Kaii23 said:

Only if edmonds gets hurt will drake have any real fantasy value. 

I don't think you can say that with any confidence or certainty unless you are the coach of the team. Careful with making these statements. 2 games ago Drake scored 28pts in 0.5PPR.

When Drake is healthy he will be back playing. We just don't know what the workload and touches will be like between Drake and Edmonds. Its not like Edmonds did anything with his 25 touches this week.

3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I don't think you can say that with any confidence or certainty unless you are the coach of the team. Careful with making these statements. 2 games ago Drake scored 28pts in 0.5PPR.

When Drake is healthy he will be back playing. We just don't know what the workload and touches will be like between Drake and Edmonds. Its not like Edmonds did anything with his 25 touches this week.

Seems likely that Drake will return as the primary runner and Edmonds will go back to being the COP back.

Kyler will get half of their goal-line rushing scores and neither will be worth all that much in fantasy.

• Thanks 3

Or maybe Flores knows you can find running backs or create a committee.

As for Drake, he should still be decent.  Even games he struggles, he is a fair bet for a short TD on such a good offense.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Or maybe Flores knows you can find running backs or create a committee.

As for Drake, he should still be decent.  Even games he struggles, he is a fair bet for a short TD on such a good offense.

Kyler is a good bet for a short td.... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

They're definitely drafting a rb 1st round. 

As a fins fan I sure hope not. They have blown enough 1st round picks over the years. Even as good as Ronnie Brown was a for a while he wasn't worth the pick. Rarely is it worth it for a RB. Like others have said, why draft early when you can make a committee out of it. Its not great for fantasy but works well in reality.

Draft a RB later in the rounds and let Gaskin run for a while. No reason to not see if he can keep doing it long term. As for Drake he needs to find that explosive, big play gear again.... its been lacking.

2 hours ago, Big Nate said:

As a fins fan I sure hope not. They have blown enough 1st round picks over the years. Even as good as Ronnie Brown was a for a while he wasn't worth the pick. Rarely is it worth it for a RB. Like others have said, why draft early when you can make a committee out of it. Its not great for fantasy but works well in reality.

Draft a RB later in the rounds and let Gaskin run for a while. No reason to not see if he can keep doing it long term. As for Drake he needs to find that explosive, big play gear again.... its been lacking.

He still has it. He showed it against Dallas. Having watched most of the Cardinals games this year, I haven't gotten the impression that Drake is slow or lacks burst.

I think if anything, Edmonds struggles this past Sunday highlight how Kingsbury just isn't using the RBs well this year. The need to run some more play action, perhaps get a little creative with using the option. I don't know. But I feel confident in saying Drake is not the problem. Hoping he comes back this week so I can fire him up as a RB2.

• Like 1