NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am leery of using Drake this week.  He is returning from an injury that knocked him out for two weeks and limited him in practice this week.

Drake is quite clearly not 100% healthy.  This might be a wait-and-see week, even if Drake is active.

I'm starting Edmonds over him either way. Kingsbury said they'll "be cautious" with him, that he's a game-time decision, and I read somewhere that the expectation within the Cardinals is that he'll sit Sunday (take last part with a grain of salt). They likely want the Bills to plan for Kenyan & not Edmonds.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am leery of using Drake this week.  He is returning from an injury that knocked him out for two weeks and limited him in practice this week.

Drake is quite clearly not 100% healthy.  This might be a wait-and-see week, even if Drake is active.

I don't believe AZ will push for his return if not fully healthy. If Drake suits up, he should see a decent amount of snaps.

Last year Kliff pulled some shenanigans with David Johnson, declaring him active but not playing him. 

However not so sure that's the case here. I would personally start Drake just because he's the de-facto GL back. 

Who know's maybe it's all a smokescreen. Kingsbury wants the opposing defense to gameplan for him. 

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, PrestigeWW said:

Might be nothing, but rb signed from the practice squad...

https://mobile.twitter.com/azbobbymac/status/1327729083170525184

DJ Foster was active last week, as well.  Played ahead of Eno and got maybe one catch.

Could definitely be a sign that Drake is sitting.

3 hours ago, afro insomniac said:

Rushing him back, he might just get a tear to end his season. 

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

He is a person dude. Fantasy football is serious but not that serious 

Nothing wrong with what he said.  He is coming back from an injury where he acted like his foot had fallen off, the way he was crying.  Is it enough time to heal?  Has he really been doing anything at all until Friday?  Is he coming back too soon?

Sucks for Edmonds owners because now the role is questionable for both of them.

• Like 1

Drake got in limited practices all week.  I believe Drake will play, but Drake's role is in question.  For all we know, it could be quite minimal.  And Kliff played games with David Johnson last year.  I am going to wait and see for this week.

6 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

i didn't see the game but he fumbled?

Yes, he fumbled. But he got plenty of run afterward. It was a good defensive play. More importantly, Drake looked good. Granted a weak rush D he faced, but he ran well.  I’m encouraged. Yes Murray still keeps often on read option In the red zone but 16 carries on his first game back? In a game where AZ was down most of the game? That’s encouraging.  Not sure Drake is going to return the 2nd round draft investment, but he seems likely to be a very high floor RB2 with RB1 upside.  If you have a Murray/Drake stack, I think that ups Drake’s value because within the 10 it’s a 75% chance it’s either Murray or Drake with a TD.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, FeastMode said:

If you have a Murray/Drake stack, I think that ups Drake’s value because within the 10 it’s a 75% chance it’s either Murray or Drake with a TD.

100% this. Been a Drake owner all year and traded for Murray, in part for this reason.

Drake will be a rock solid RB2 from here on out. He will still occasionally get a goal line TD to go with the type of line he had today. He looked like he had some solid burst and I would start him with confidence this Thursday against Seattle.

• Like 1

This backfield is awful. Murray keeps it at the goaline to pump his mvp campaign and somehow the defense still doesn’t key in on him, people will see that drake got 15-20 touches and think he’s a solid rb2 but the fact is his touches are so low value. They never give him the ball in space so he never really gets the the chance to break it open.All the creative run plays go to chase but chase doesn’t get enough touches. It’s maddening. Sucks but I really don’t think starting him in the playoffs is gonna be a winning formula.

Edited by Jrt80