NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

On 11/16/2020 at 1:19 PM, Travis Burten said:

Yeah defenses are going to soon zone in on Murray being the lead option. Drake will get his. I just hope he gets a few more passes

People said that about Lamar and his running last year and nothing changed until the NFL playoffs (too late) and then they adjusted the next season. Too much of the season has been played to say now they'll adjust when he's been doing this since week one. Hard to see it changing much here. Drake should get solid work at least

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year during week 16 for the championship Drake went to Seattle and had 24 rushes for 166 yards and 2 Tuddies and topped it off with 3 catches for 18 yards for 33.4 ppr points.

Now Drake got hurt in their first matchup this year going 14 for 34 and 1 catch for 7 yards, had he not gotten hurt I doubt his numbers would have improved much in that game.

That gives us 1 monster game against Seattle in their house last year and 1 stinker in AZ in a game where he got hurt and didn't finish the game.

What can we take from this? Not a ton. Of course one game was last year and the other game was this year but Seattle defense is porous so it shows what Drake is capable of if he finds some room to run. 

27 touches in last year's game, 15 in this year's but he got hurt on a play he converted a 4th and 1 so it's likely he would have gone over 20 touches in that game.

I'm hoping for another 20+ touch game for Drake, he just needs to find some running room on a handful of plays and a goal line plunge and he will likely surpass 20 fantasy points.

I am currently deciding between Drake, Claypool, Higgins, and Ballage for my final flex spot and have them all ranked right close to one another for this week.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Last year during week 16 for the championship Drake went to Seattle and had 24 rushes for 166 yards and 2 Tuddies and topped it off with 3 catches for 18 yards for 33.4 ppr points.

Now Drake got hurt in their first matchup this year going 14 for 34 and 1 catch for 7 yards, had he not gotten hurt I doubt his numbers would have improved much in that game.

That gives us 1 monster game against Seattle in their house last year and 1 stinker in AZ in a game where he got hurt and didn't finish the game.

What can we take from this? Not a ton. Of course one game was last year and the other game was this year but Seattle defense is porous so it shows what Drake is capable of if he finds some room to run. 

27 touches in last year's game, 15 in this year's but he got hurt on a play he converted a 4th and 1 so it's likely he would have gone over 20 touches in that game.

I'm hoping for another 20+ touch game for Drake, he just needs to find some running room on a handful of plays and a goal line plunge and he will likely surpass 20 fantasy points.

I am currently deciding between Drake, Claypool, Higgins, and Ballage for my final flex spot and have them all ranked right close to one another for this week.

short week, murray taking GL work, splitting time with Edmonds, tough SEA run D.  I'd lean Claypool first, then go Ballage (which is crazy).

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

.What can we take from this? Not a ton. Of course one game was last year and the other game was this year but Seattle defense is porous so it shows what Drake is capable of if he finds some room to run.

The problem is their run defense is not bad. In fact, it's borderline elite ranking 4th in yards allowed and 4th in YPC. It's also damn good at stuffing teams in short yardage situations which can be a problem and i'm sure the Cardinals know that. So get ready for Murray roll outs with 1 yard to go for a TD.

Sure, they suck at covering RBs just like they're terrible at covering anything with a pulse but too bad Drake doesn't have that roll.

15/40/0 is a lot more likely than 20/120/1 or something like that. It's between Drake and Gibson for me so it's not the easiest choice but having 5 points sitting in my lineup over the weekend isn't exactly fun...

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

The problem is their run defense is not bad. In fact, it's borderline elite ranking 4th in yards allowed and 4th in YPC. It's also damn good at stuffing teams in short yardage situations which can be a problem and i'm sure the Cardinals know that. So get ready for Murray roll outs with 1 yard to go for a TD.

Sure, they suck at covering RBs just like they're terrible at covering anything with a pulse but too bad Drake doesn't have that roll.

15/40/0 is a lot more likely than 20/120/1 or something like that. It's between Drake and Gibson for me so it's not the easiest choice but having 5 points sitting in my lineup over the weekend isn't exactly fun...

But on the flip side, Seattle's pass defense is so horrible that Kyler Murray could keep them moving down the field consistently and keep creating scoring opportunities for Drake.  Unfortunately Murray likes to run it when they're close to the end zone though, too, which is a problem.  And of course Chase Edmonds is also used.  If you have a better or comparable option in a PPR league, I would probably sit Drake tonight.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Week 11 vs. Seattle

Seattle has given up the 11th most fantasy points to Running Backs this season. More »

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Seahawks have given up 7 rushing TDs in the last 3 games.

1 to Darrell henderson

2 to malcolm brown

1 to Josh Allen

1 to Zack Moss

1 to McKinnon

1 to Hasty

Drake is better than all of them.

I don’t think the question is if he’s better, but rather one of opportunity. 

Just now, Child_Please said:

Is he hurt?  After that catch, he immediately waved out and I haven't seen him since...

In the game thread, somebody said he’s on the sideline with his foot wrapped up. Probably done for the night.

3 minutes ago, trilly said:

They actually used him tonight in the passing game (like everyone expect pre-season), I wonder why the shift. He also looked better than he has all season, IMO

The targets/catches are very encouraging, even though the total yards weren't great.  The TD is always nice of course.

First real time watching him and Arizona. I gotta say I really hate Edmonds existence lol. From what I can tell drake and Edmonds are both pretty equal in the passing game, but drake is just bigger. Since they don’t do much 2RB sets I really don’t understand the point of giving them both equal usage.

This offense does not run through him and he’s only getting 50% of the workload and we should consider ourselves blessed he got the goal line work bc Arizona does typically use their rb’s near the end zone?? 

the strange thing in my opinion is drake looks like a workload back that gets in rhythm the longer he’s in the game. But KK is determined to make sure he never gets in rhythm. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, afro insomniac said:

The man has fumble-itis. Almost fumbled (again) away his only TD tonight. 

How did he fumble away? He reached for the white line and if anything touches it it’s an automatic TD, plus the ground forced it anyway.

I say solid RB 2 ROS

• Like 2