Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

eagles run d is decent?

A Kamara had a solid YPC and TD against them.

A Jones broke out for a 77 yard TD run two weeks ago against them.

I'm likely starting Drake vs. Eagles over Mostert vs. Cowboys.... FWIW

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Martinlongbow said:

He had 3 fumbles yesterday recovered by cardinals. He is extremely volatile and lacking talent. Yes i drafted him second round and started yesterday but everyweek it was a pain

 

fixed

... and two of them came on the same drive.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Martinlongbow said:

He is extremely volatile and lacking talent

What about him shows this? He is a three down back and is explosive. Its been like that for years now and with 2 different teams, the only thing keeping him down is they won't use him in the passing game like they did last year and even so he is a top 15 rb. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenya stuff me at the Goal Line Drake.

An alright, if not boring pick. Solid RB2

Atleast next year he’ll get drafted rounds 3-4 where he belongs. 

Edited by RunCMC
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

What about him shows this? He is a three down back and is explosive. Its been like that for years now and with 2 different teams, the only thing keeping him down is they won't use him in the passing game like they did last year and even so he is a top 15 rb. 

 

he looked very sluggish yesterday ... even the 36 yd run looked laborious - the extra gear just wasn't there. 

he was a grinder yesterday, and one eventually popped ... but just not in the Miles Sanders/King Hendry/Cook vain ... the Drake of '19 woulda housed that (like the 80 yd td on the first play from scrimmage vs the SeaHags last year in 'chip week).

... and the three (recovered by 'Zona) fumbles. 

upshot for Drake owners is that Kliffy stayed wif him, even thru the less than explosive, buterry-fingered game ... Edmonds got his usual understudy work, but they hung with Drake thru thick and thin. 

that's a yuuuuge plus for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

he looked very sluggish yesterday ... even the 36 yd run looked laborious - the extra gear just wasn't there. 

he was a grinder yesterday, and one eventually popped ... but just not in the Miles Sanders/King Hendry/Cook vain ... the Drake of '19 woulda housed that (like the 80 yd td on the first play from scrimmage vs the SeaHags last year in 'chip week).

... and the three (recovered by 'Zona) fumbles. 

upshot for Drake owners is that Kliffy stayed wif him, even thru the less than explosive, buterry-fingered game ... Edmonds got his usual understudy work, but they hung with Drake thru thick and thin. 

that's a yuuuuge plus for him. 

you think age is catching up to him? i noticed that for a lot of football players their level of play dramatically drops within a season

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

you think age is catching up to him? i noticed that for a lot of football players their level of play dramatically drops within a season

 

think it's an accumulation of nicks and bruises over this grueling season ... nobody who has been playing since week 1 is 100% at this time of year, and i'd say Drake is prolly 75% range ... but he is bangin' up in there at Kliffy's behest, and they keep going back to him 🤷‍♂️

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

think it's an accumulation of nicks and bruises over this grueling season ... nobody who has been playing since week 1 is 100% at this time of year, and i'd say Drake is prolly 75% range ... but he is bangin' up in there at Kliffy's behest, and they keep going back to him 🤷‍♂️

I mean even before his injury a few weeks back, his start to his season wasn't great either. Watching his games early on this season, it looked as if he lacks the explosiveness that he had when he came to AZ mid-to-late during the 2019 season. I found it very surprising that he just wasn't the same kind of runner as he was a season ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

he looked very sluggish yesterday ... even the 36 yd run looked laborious - the extra gear just wasn't there. 

he was a grinder yesterday, and one eventually popped ... but just not in the Miles Sanders/King Hendry/Cook vain ... the Drake of '19 woulda housed that (like the 80 yd td on the first play from scrimmage vs the SeaHags last year in 'chip week).

... and the three (recovered by 'Zona) fumbles. 

upshot for Drake owners is that Kliffy stayed wif him, even thru the less than explosive, buterry-fingered game ... Edmonds got his usual understudy work, but they hung with Drake thru thick and thin. 

that's a yuuuuge plus for him. 

 

Well, Drake added weight this off-season and I think based off of interviews that Kliff and the Cards have asked him to stay between the tackles and not try and bounce so much outside 

 

I agree that the explosiveness he had in previous years seems to be missing but I think that was more by design than Drake's body wearing down.

 

Still gotta ride or die with him. Early down and goaline back for AZ is good enough for RB2 numbers

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

I mean even before his injury a few weeks back, his start to his season wasn't great either. Watching his games early on this season, it looked as if he lacks the explosiveness that he had when he came to AZ mid-to-late during the 2019 season. I found it very surprising that he just wasn't the same kind of runner as he was a season ago.

 

... fair enuff, good point. 

believe he came into the season with a nagging heel bruise, or something of the sort ... perhaps Cleatz can clarify - ?

ETA: HE ALREADY DID 😁

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 3FLi said:

Yeah this becomes a lot more interesting if Edmonds sits and Drake gets the passing downs as well. Tough match up but I'm hopeful

The Eagles have given up at least 1 rushing TD to RBs every week except Week 3 and Week 8.

I feel like Drake scoring a TD this week is a pretty safe bet. May not have the highest ceiling (I'm not so convinced about that either, but even if you believe that to be true) his floor is among the highest at the RB position.

Confidently starting him this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rasrar said:

The Eagles have given up at least 1 rushing TD to RBs every week except Week 3 and Week 8.

I feel like Drake scoring a TD this week is a pretty safe bet. May not have the highest ceiling (I'm not so convinced about that either, but even if you believe that to be true) his floor is among the highest at the RB position.

Confidently starting him this weekend.

wow didn't know that. Thanks, this makes me feel a lot more confident

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

So if I tell you that 50% of the Cards rushing TDs are on Kyler Murray, would that affect your confidence by 50%? :)

LOL. The stat I gave was specifically rushing TDs by RBs vs. Philly.

And I know you we're asking me, but no that wouldn't decrease my confidence... starting Murray-Drake superflex stack 😁

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...