• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cowboys probably.

File this under “things I never thought I’d read.”  

6 minutes ago, Evincar said:

How much concern about Alex Smith being the QB for ROS?

Low to moderate?

Alex Smith isn't a physical specimen but he's not dumb. There is really one receiver on this team worth targeting. It's probably a slight downgrade on the whole but I still think he's a locked and loaded WR1 from here on out.

Edited by MingusDew

I'm concerned. Alex Smith does not throw downfield at all, just loves to check down. if it wasn't for a crazy play where Terry didn't get tackled by three guys and then scamper for 70 yds and a TD he would have had a pretty poor day overall. Especially after Alex came in. Think he came in at the end of 1st quarter and if you eliminate that big play he only had like 3-4 catches for 25-30 yards with alex. And they trailed the entire game and needed to throw.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Evincar said:

How much concern about Alex Smith being the QB for ROS?

A lot. I was actually thinking of trying to trade McLaurin when I saw Smith was named starter moving forward, but reading Rivera's comments it sounds like that decision was made because they are still in the hunt in that awful division. Hopefully the Eagles pull away, and Rivera did mention that Haskins "could" make more starts this year. I don't want McLaurin blowing up on someone else's team. 

Smith looked beyond washed up.  I know it's an awesome story that he's back, but he looked God awful. TMac is probably good enough to produce anyway, but this is another downgrade for him. 

5 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

A lot. I was actually thinking of trying to trade McLaurin when I saw Smith was named starter moving forward, but reading Rivera's comments it sounds like that decision was made because they are still in the hunt in that awful division. Hopefully the Eagles pull away, and Rivera did mention that Haskins "could" make more starts this year. I don't want McLaurin blowing up on someone else's team. 

it just feels like they're completely out on Haskins. I have a feeling if he's at all competent this is Smith's job for the rest of the season. Just have to hope he gets a ton of short targets and turns them in to something. maybe Smith getting QB1 reps will help?

Now that the trade deadline is behind them they would be wise to see more about what they have in Haskins.  Dreaming about making a playoff run with these personnel when you are 2-6 is just comical.  They'd be double digit dogs in any playoff game.

One of the positives of Smith is that I believe the coaching staff trusts him to throw more than they would with Haskins back there. Getting practice reps together can only help as well. I know Smith is not what he once was, but he is =Haskins at worst in my eyes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Stud Stud Stud. All this with a QB who can't throw 20 yards down the field lol

At least Alex Smith throws pretty accurate passes , for the most part. Not much you can ask for 

Terry does the rest.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Stud Stud Stud. All this with a QB who can't throw 20 yards down the field lol

At least Alex Smith throws pretty accurate passes , for the most part. Not much you can ask for 

Terry does the rest.

Stud for sure.

Alex Smith 12 targets to McKissic still horrifies me idc how good Smiths stat line looked, also the offensive play calling of this team is pathetic.

Terry overcomes both of these things on a weekly basis, hopefully he has a legit QB in 2021 so we can legitimate get “ ceiling “ games. As someone who has him in dynasty it could really vault him into the next tier. 

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 2

This guy is unbelievable.  In his rookie season, he was a top 30 WR in PPR in points per game.  This year, he's WR12 in points per game although two of the guys in front of him have played very few games so he's probably really WR10.

He's done this with Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Colt McCoy, Kyle Allen, and Alex Smith as his quarterbacks.

Next season, the Football Team will presumably be bringing in another quarterback who could never be worse than this group.  The sky is the limit.

• Thanks 1