NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

He was originally drafted as a QB and transitioned to TE a year ago I think.

Oh didn't know that. Then it's a bit less impressive ūüėÄ

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah his was wide open across the middle of the field with room to run all day. 

31 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

He was also wide open I think it was the third quarter on the right side. He beat his man and the CB had no help over the top. Terry threw his hand up to signal I'm open but Smith threw the ball to the left side. Would of been an easy 50ish + 

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

He hit his projection so that's good, but this should have been a ceiling type of game.

Dallas is miserable in general on D but even more so against RBs out of the backfield. Given the choice, Smith is going to checkdown.

Hopefully more competent Ds latch onto McKissic and Gibson as we move into the fantasy playoffs. Need ceiling.

He seemed to be in double coverage all the time. As if the Cowboys were scared he could eat them alive. Gibson did then. 
They should look and draft a second solid receiver to open things up for Terry.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cowboys probably.

File this under ‚Äúthings I¬†never thought I‚Äôd read.‚ÄĚ ¬†

Mr. Consistency. It's really incredible but this guy never puts up duds.

Ceiling is capped with Alex Smith at QB and the WFT wanting to be a run-heavy offense, but still. Just loving having him on my team because I know he'll hit his projection every week.

57 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Crazy that people are still asking whether to start this guy lol. Potentially the most consistent WR in fantasy.

Yea, I saw this thread on the front page of the Talk Forums and thought, "hmmm wonder what's going on in there". Talking about this man like he's some fringe starter...smh he is a no-brainer, match-up proof start every week. Probably one of the safest floors even with Alex Smith throwing to him.  

Dude's a monster. I throw him in that Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Davante Adams tier. He's oozing with talent 

With the biggest difference being, he doesn't have a future HOF QB slinging him the rock.

Very similar to prime OBJ. Both in play style, physical traits, route running, etc . Terry's actually faster & a better route runner imo 

Alex Smith is great and all ... but if we had a Joe Burrow, a Herbert, not just a game manager as we currently do now.

This kid would be breaking records left and right. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Dude's a monster. I throw him in that Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Davante Adams tier. He's oozing with talent 

With the biggest difference being, he doesn't have a future HOF QB slinging him the rock.

Very similar to prime OBJ. Both in play style, physical traits, route running, etc . Terry's actually faster & a better route runner imo 

Alex Smith is great and all ... but if we had a Joe Burrow, a Herbert, not just a game manager as we currently do now.

This kid would be breaking records left and right. 

Him and AJ Brown are in similar situations in my eyes. Both would be considered better than someone like DK Metcalf if they were in more pass-happy offenses (and in Terry's case if his QB didn't suck).

4 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Him and AJ Brown are in similar situations in my eyes. Both would be considered better than someone like DK Metcalf if they were in more pass-happy offenses (and in Terry's case if his QB didn't suck).

Agreed, at least AJ Brown has a very good Quarterback in Ryan Tannehill. He's limited more by offensive philosophy and Derrick Henry 

McLaurin on the other hand faces even more challenges. Washington's M.O is to play good defense and run the clock out. 

With that being said I don't think Alex Smith will be in town, a year or two from now.

Either a highly touted QB will be drafted or a big name FA signing.

This team has all the right pieces, and as crazy as it sounds, a good quarterback away from being a contender. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, thebadferret said:

How confident are you starting Scary Terry agains the Steelers? I can't see Washington get anything going on offense.

With players of this caliber I don't even think about the matchup.  

But this matchup is not that bad.  Keep in mind that worse case scenario is extended garbage time.  Look at some guys who have gone off on PIT this season:

Slayton 6/102/2
Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler all went over 48 yards
Cobb 4/95/1, Fuller 4/54/1
"Fulgham" 10/152/1.  Ask yourself this: is Terry McLaurin better or worse than "Fulgham?"
Cleveland got stuffed.
AJ Brown 6/153/1 and another 6/35/1 for Corey Davis
Snead (who?) 5/106, Boykin and Hollywood Brown each scored a TD
Cooper 5/67 and Lamb 4/71/1
Higgins 7/115/1, Boyd added 6/41
Jacksonville did terribly under Jake Luton's stewardship.

So other than Cleveland and Jacksonville, you have pretty good games if not blow up games.  (Denver's trio all had okay games for who they are and who their QB is.)  I wouldn't worry.

3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Agreed, at least AJ Brown has a very good Quarterback in Ryan Tannehill. He's limited more by offensive philosophy and Derrick Henry 

McLaurin on the other hand faces even more challenges. Washington's M.O is to play good defense and run the clock out. 

With that being said I don't think Alex Smith will be in town, a year or two from now.

Either a highly touted QB will be drafted or a big name FA signing.

This team has all the right pieces, and as crazy as it sounds, a good quarterback away from being a contender. 

Is Tannehill very good ? I think he’s very good because of Henry, Brown and their offensive scheme one of the easiest jobs in the NFL. That being said yeah Terry needs a QB that can push the ball down the field so we can see the true ceiling games, hopefully we get that in the not too distant future. I’m sure if he had Herbert etc like you said we would’ve seen some 30+ pt outings, I’m in total agreement for now I guess we’ll just have to enjoy the consistency. 

Edited by CroNY
3 hours ago, CroNY said:

Is Tannehill very good ? I think he’s very good because of Henry, Brown and their offensive scheme one of the easiest jobs in the NFL. That being said yeah Terry needs a QB that can push the ball down the field so we can see the true ceiling games, hopefully we get that in the not too distant future. I’m sure if he had Herbert etc like you said we would’ve seen some 30+ pt outings, I’m in total agreement for now I guess we’ll just have to enjoy the consistency. 

Regarding Tannehill, he is a solid QB that, like Terry, provides consistency. He was limited by the Dolphins, which have a proven track record of under utilizing studs.  I'm glad we have him and he'll be our franchise QB for years to come.

As for McLaurin, I love this guy and am looking forward to years of solid production.  Alex Smith is also a pro at limiting WR production since he dumps the ball way too quick. If WFT gets a gunslinger he's going to be an absolute stud.

• Like 1

He is my favorite NFL player. He is a team captain and locker room leader in his second year and constantly excels despite weak QBs. Watch some of his locker room speeches. Class act all around and deadly on the field. I just worry that from a fantasy perspective, he might be more of a high floor player than a high ceiling player now. He's going to get his 6 catches for 60 yards at least, but the potential for him to ball out with Alex Smith is limited. He needs to get in the end zone more to enter the top 5 WR discussion where he should be, because he is that good. 

• Like 1

As a Terry owner, never would have thought I would have said I miss Haskins...

Season low 6 targets, didn’t really seem to be a part of the game plan tonight. PIT looked to be double teaming him though or shading Minkah towards his side. 

Edited by Jmiller21kg
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, zorndogs said:

Pit went all in on stopping Terry. Ruined their season. Hopefully other teams don't try the same thing now

It really feels like that. that has to be part of the explanation of why KcKinny and Thomas and some of those other guys kept being yards open. Hopefully this win will make other teams thin twice about that. Smith just isn't going to force it to him and the coaches don't seem at all concerned with manufacturing touches for him. 

6 hours ago, yossarian said:

It really feels like that. that has to be part of the explanation of why KcKinny and Thomas and some of those other guys kept being yards open. Hopefully this win will make other teams thin twice about that. Smith just isn't going to force it to him and the coaches don't seem at all concerned with manufacturing touches for him. 

It's what happened. Ron gave Sims the game ball in his post game speech. Hopefully that raises Sims confidence and he can take some of the pressure away from Terry. He seemed really touched by it, beautiful moment