NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, CroNY said:

ascending team need a QB in the worst way hopefully it's addressed and they don't try to use Alex Smith next year as some sort of stop gap. Competent QB he sleep walks into 1400 yards he was on pace for that with this assortment until the duds the past two weeks. Can they trade for someone in the offseason, I'd love to see Matthew Stafford there throwing him the ball, pipe dream probably but just garbage QB play killing his ceiling and now his consistency apparently. 

Winston, Trubisky, Stafford, Wentz (contract makes this tough).

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cowboys probably.

File this under “things I never thought I’d read.”  

11 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Winston, Trubisky, Stafford, Wentz (contract makes this tough).

I wouldn't pick Wentz over Smith. Stafford, maybe, but for fantasy purposes, Winston isn't bad, he can chuck it deep for 50/50 balls (his only problem is that 50/50 is not a great proposition on the field). I can't imagine Rivera trading for Winston though.

Stafford on the other hand... you might have something there. Detroit probably needs to move on, but he's not a bad QB, and he's usually relatively scandal-free except for his wife.

7 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I wouldn't pick Wentz over Smith. Stafford, maybe, but for fantasy purposes, Winston isn't bad, he can chuck it deep for 50/50 balls (his only problem is that 50/50 is not a great proposition on the field). I can't imagine Rivera trading for Winston though.

Stafford on the other hand... you might have something there. Detroit probably needs to move on, but he's not a bad QB, and he's usually relatively scandal-free except for his wife.

Stafford is the one I've been peddling he's a good QB playing for a bad organization with horrible coaching in recent years, the other three no shot. Stafford is better in all facets than those guys not just fantasy at present time and its not close IMO. 

Edited by CroNY
10 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Stafford is the one I've been peddling he's a good QB playing for a bad organization with horrible coaching in recent years, the other three no shot. Stafford is better in all facets than those guys not just fantasy at present time and its not close IMO. 

Matt Stafford is due a 22 million plus cap hit next year. I love Scary Terry, but that is some madden trade stuff unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, donslaughtonslaught said:

Matt Stafford is due a 22 million plus cap hit next year. I love Scary Terry, but that is some madden trade stuff unfortunately.

I agree, scroll up I said it's a pipe dream. Just hoping they address the QB situation but my worry is Rivera may be content with someone like Smith and a stout defense if thats the case we will never see a ceiling.

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 1

The writing was on the wall for this matchup, but I really didn't see the defense winning it for them singlehandedly especially without Gibson.  If they win a playoff game with Smith, we might be in trouble as dynasty owners.  Like WR3 trouble.

I personally prefer Haskins.  Smith is a checkdown machine, and Terry was doing just fine early in the season with Haskins feeding him.    I'd like to see what the kid can do after a humbling stint on the bench.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Sigh, really counting on him next week. Can’t have another 2 catch stinker. Is Haskins better than smith for Terry? 

I'd say better for Terry not the Redskins. Haskins will at least take the risk and we can close our eyes and hope he hits him for a 50 yard bomb, no chance of that really with Alex Smith he's concerned with completion % and his TD/INT ratio resulting in passes 3 yards downfield. The outlook can't get worse with Haskins in my opinion.

Edited by CroNY

7 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Two clunkers in a row. The trend is not your friend.

I can't imagine anyone is sitting him though. The SEA matchup is a good one although the SEA D is playing better.

Yep  Seattle was giving up the most points to WR's prior to this past week.   It's a knee jerk move to bench him if you're starting someone mostly mediocre in his place.   

5 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

We just need to hope and pray it's Haskins at QB. 

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Mingus: "God, please make Haskins the WTF QB."

God: "What? No, c'mon man."

Mingus: "Please? I need it for my playoffs."

God: "Look, I know I'm supposed to be all powerful, but some things just go too far. I'm afraid you're going to have to check with Satan on that one."

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Truly a sad state of affairs. But at least he'll throw some hero balls downfield and against Seattle that's enough for Terry to produce.

I'm losing faith in Terry's status as a WR1 to the extent Smith continues to start. And it pains me to say that because Terry is one of my favorite players in the game.

• Like 2

Alex Smith is trash and I'm tired of him getting a pass because he had such a miraculous recovery.

He's a great story and all but he should have gotten a single snap for narrative purposes and then never seen the field again.

Free Terry.

The only reason we're hearing about Alex Smith's remarkable comeback is because the WFT was dumb enough to throw a massively guaranteed long term contract at him.  A true fair market deal had an out for 2020 if not sooner, and he walks away and is sitting at home on his millions.  

Just now, MingusDew said:

Haskins is in the house kids. Terry is gonna see a season high in targets.

Yup. Great news for TMac. Haskins likely won't be super efficient, but he's still an improvement for the entire passing offense. In a game Washington could be playing catchup all day,  it could be season highs across the board.