• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cowboys probably.

File this under “things I never thought I’d read.”  

4 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

I just don't think this will go the way you guys want it but at least there is some optimism I guess. His floor seems to be higher than with Smith.  We'll see. 

Fully expecting a 7/85/0 type line on 10-12 targets. Better than what we've been getting.

Haskins will probably throw a few long balls. Doubt Terry comes down with them but there's at least a higher chance of fireworks.

1 hour ago, whoopsie said:

I would only play him in a PPR league and even then it's iffy. Haskins hasn't played for weeks. He's going to be rusty.

He played last week and now gets a full week of 1st team reps.  If he's bad it's because he's bad, not rusty. 

In theory this is a good spot in paper. Seattle has been better defending WRs of late but it’s still a decent matchup and Seattle should win, thus game script should benefit Terry.

But, Washington is playing really good defense and Seattle isn’t letting Russ cook as much, so this could easily be a 17-13 snoozer. 

I’m just glad to have a QB who doesn’t want to check down every play

So looking back - do owners feel he was a good value as a 4th/5th round pick?  Before the season I was saying that's too high for him and wasn't a good value.  First half of the season he definitely proved me wrong, but inconsistency and a poor 2nd half may have changed things.

Seems to me like he was pretty in-line with his draft value, but I'm interested to hear how owners feel.

16 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

So looking back - do owners feel he was a good value as a 4th/5th round pick?  Before the season I was saying that's too high for him and wasn't a good value.  First half of the season he definitely proved me wrong, but inconsistency and a poor 2nd half may have changed things.

Seems to me like he was pretty in-line with his draft value, but I'm interested to hear how owners feel.

pretty spot on IMO. He returned his draft day value but considering others around him produced far better results, he wasn’t as valuable as we thought he could be. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing this will vary from player to player.  He was my WR3, never benched, on a contender.   Of course I'll affirm the choice, definitely worth it.  If you just missed a bye, took him ahead of Stefon Diggs or Metcalf, and lost in week 14, you'll think otherwise.   I look forward to seeing what he can do next season, when they (assumedly) get a new QB

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I'm guessing this will vary from player to player.  He was my WR3, never benched, on a contender.   Of course I'll affirm the choice, definitely worth it.  If you just missed a bye, took him ahead of Stefon Diggs or Metcalf, and lost in week 14, you'll think otherwise.   I look forward to seeing what he can do next season, when they (assumedly) get a new QB

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Im not complaining. I took him over Allen but a lot of things had to go right for Allen to have the year he had. Still love Terry but his ceiling is obviously limited until he gets a QB upgrade. He's a rock solid WR2.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

I got him 3rd pick of the 6th round. Thought it was strong value. For the season he's currently the 18th ranked WR in my non-PPR league. That's right on as a mid-WR2. The potential is there but unless they have a QB change this off-season the ceiling won't be. 

Alex Smith is such a dink-and-dunker that somehow he makes Terry's floor worse than Haskins does while similarly capping the ceiling.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Im not complaining. I took him over Allen but a lot of things had to go right for Allen to have the year he had. Still love Terry but his ceiling is obviously limited until he gets a QB upgrade. He's a rock solid WR2.

That was my concern pretty much.  Lack of talent at QB and complementary weapons really holds him back.  That said, he performed better than I thought he would.  Kid has stud WR1 potential, just needs the supporting cast.

It always felt like he was locked in to a large number of targets, if nothing else.   TD regression hurt him badly, but imagine him with 6-8 TD's next year and whatever uptick he can get in yards as part of a better offense?  Great upside for year three if they find a new QB.

Is there risk that neither A. Smith or Haskins is available? If WASH is down to their third stringer, there's no way I'm starting McLaurin.

Just grabbed R. Higgins as insurance.

Anyone see the report about D. Watson getting some kind of punishment by HOU for having somekind of maskless situation? There's all kinds of talk of Haskins getting suspended. Meanwhile, hardly a peep about this Watson situation.

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Is there risk that neither A. Smith or Haskins is available? If WASH is down to their third stringer, there's no way I'm starting McLaurin.

Just grabbed R. Higgins as insurance.

Anyone see the report about D. Watson getting some kind of punishment by HOU for having somekind of maskless situation? There's all kinds of talk of Haskins getting suspended. Meanwhile, hardly a peep about this Watson situation.

They'd be down to their 4th stringer actually with Kyle Allen out for the season.