• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cowboys probably.

File this under “things I never thought I’d read.”  

18 minutes ago, GreenMountainPhan said:

He just popped up on injury report (ankle), did not practice today.

Sounds like Haskins will play.

He's been on and off the injury report for a month and a half now with "ankle."  My guess is this just a day off and they had to put something so they put "ankle."  

If today's two pieces of news out of Football Team camp are that McLaurin took the day off and Haskins is likely playing, it's a net "win" for McLaurin.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

Hopefully just an extra day of rest but I’m slightly concerned since he hasn’t registered back to back DNPs before. 

That's what I'm hoping. I really need Terry to play and show up on the stat board with a good game. I hate my other options if I gotta sit him

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, CroNY said:

How do we feel about this?

Terry McLaurin is a WR1 with any QB.... not named Cam Newton. This would be straight up devastating. Also, don't see Washington being that dumb.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Terry McLaurin is a WR1 with any QB.... not named Cam Newton. This would be straight up devastating. Also, don't see Washington being that dumb.

I would hope not lol, my pipe dream was always like Stafford which has no shot, I’d just take someone competent at this point who can throw more than 5 yards. McLaurin had 87 catches and 1100 yards with a carousel of garbage this year. 

2 hours ago, CroNY said:

I would hope not lol, my pipe dream was always like Stafford which has no shot, I’d just take someone competent at this point who can throw more than 5 yards. McLaurin had 87 catches and 1100 yards with a carousel of garbage this year. 

Trubisky, Brissett, Tyrod Taylor, Rivers, Fitzmagic, Prescott, Dalton, Winston... potentially Carson Wentz.

So many QBs will be available this offseason. Why would anyone sign newton over any of those options?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Trubisky, Brissett, Tyrod Taylor, Rivers, Fitzmagic, Prescott, Dalton, Winston... potentially Carson Wentz.

So many QBs will be available this offseason. Why would anyone sign newton over any of those options?

Wentz would be an ideal fit... however Philly may not trade him to a division rival.  Assuming Dak Prescott stays in Dallas, the rest of the list isn't that interesting... HOWEVER Rivers, Fitzpatrick, Trubisky and Dalton would all be upgrades over the status quo QB situation in Washington.  Trubisky would probably be the best fit, after Wentz.  McLaurin and Gibson's fantasy value will soar with even a decent QB at the helm there.

I think the only reason Cam is talked about regarding WFT is Rivera. As a Terry and AG owner i would hate to see that, but I honestly don't think they will go that route. Can't see Dak or Wentz because it's in the division (Dak will probably resign and I think Wentz will go to Indy...Michael Pittman Jr 📈).

Trubisky, Rivers, Dalton and Winston would be really nice for Terry. I think I'd like Trubisky the most. He ain't the savior, but I could see them harmonize like he did with Allen Robinson.

As was often said, nearly everything is an upgrade.

Winston would be insanely good for McLaurin.  They'd be throwing every play to cover for all the pick sixes.  Trubisky would be okay.  Fitzmagic would be better than okay.

Newton would be awful.  As would be the idea of any team paying him $20 million plus a year to be the starting QB.

Why would Rivera even want Cam back?  Wasn't it his decision to demote him in the first place?  Or was it all injury related?  Can't stand Cam.

Looking at some very early rankings to see where McLaurin will go next year,  ESPN has it #31 Justin Jefferson (WR11), 32 AJ Brown, 33 Julio, 34 McLaurin, 35 Chris Godwin.  I think I would flip McLaurin and Julio due to Julio's injuries, and I might even put McLaurin over AJ Brown, especially in PPR.  He's going to be a third round target for me for sure next year,

I don’t think his situation is as abysmal as people make it out to be. His QBs suck but he has no competition for alpha targets, so he gets fed.  I think he’ll roughly finish next year the same as this year pending a total overhaul to WFT and their entire philosophy which they’re clearly trying to build around defense and a run game. Super talented but I’d go with others in the 3rd.