NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terry McLaurin 2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

I don’t think his situation is as abysmal as people make it out to be. His QBs suck but he has no competition for alpha targets, so he gets fed.  I think he’ll roughly finish next year the same as this year pending a total overhaul to WFT and their entire philosophy which they’re clearly trying to build around defense and a run game. Super talented but I’d go with others in the 3rd.

He doesn’t need them to overhaul their philosophy.... he needs a decent QB and better quality targets to translate into more productive numbers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cowboys probably.

File this under “things I never thought I’d read.”  

1 hour ago, CroNY said:

He doesn’t need them to overhaul their philosophy.... he needs a decent QB and better quality targets to translate into more productive numbers

Yeah maybe you’re right, I don’t personally think a new QB makes him a high end WR1 over night but I could be incredibly wrong on this one 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Yeah maybe you’re right, I don’t personally think a new QB makes him a high end WR1 over night but I could be incredibly wrong on this one 

You may be right as well but with some competent QB play , a few extra catches, his TD total to revert back to his rookie season you can easily see an improvement on the 87/1118/4 TD like he had this season. These are reasonable expectations which I see happening with a solid QB. Where does that end up slotting him in terms of WRs if he ended up putting  95/1200ish/7 next year in regards to WR numbers this year, I haven’t delved into the stats.

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, CroNY said:

You may be right as well but with some competent QB play , a few extra catches, his TD total to revert back to his rookie season you can easily see an improvement on the 87/1118/4 TD like he had this season. These are reasonable expectations which I see happening with a solid QB. Where does that end up slotting him in terms of WRs if he ended up putting  95/1200ish/7 next year in regards to WR numbers this year, I haven’t delved into the stats.

I think the argument that he could see some nice TD mean regression is a good one, and if he did get around 7-8 next year he would be a very solid 3rd rounder for sure.  I’d rather have AJB or JJeff in his range but they have knocks too and it’s a toss up