Mecole Hardman 2020 Outlook

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flaccidman

Mecole Hardman is the 2nd best receiver on the Chiefs behind Hill. No idea why the Chiefs don't give him more run; he's really good.   FREE MECOLE.

He's yourcole now

Seems like a super-obvious breakout candidate.  Super fast, great team around him, great quarterback.  I don't actually care if KC retains Watkins and Robinson or not.  Hardman is a player on the rise.

I think he's going to be a boom/bust WR3 type that you'll only want to start when KC plays high scoring opponents. Hill and Kelce are still there eating up targets and KC will probably improve their run game through the draft. You can sort of treat him as a Tyreek Hill handcuff too I guess.

I know Watkins can't possibly come back at his current cap number, but I do wonder if they'll try to renegotiate.  He made a lot of big plays in the AFCG and SB for them, not to mention last year's AFCG vs the Pats.    I still think he's a big key to that offense even if they dont look his way consistently.   

FWIW, Watkins is still only 26 and has made $53 million already.   When he got to KC he talked about feeling like he found his home, maybe he takes a low salary and goes for another ring?

As for Hardman, i'm enthralled, but i think he'll need another year.  Love him to eventually replace Hill, i think he'll be hit or miss until that happens. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Mecole Hardman 2020 Outlook
  • 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

I’ve been coming across a few articles that have Hardman as a breakout player this season. Agree?

Quite a few seem to be saying Watkins is still there and is the WR2 but there is no way he is in KC next season unless he agrees to play for a much smaller contract so makes no sense to keep Hardman buried beneath him on the depth chart. Yes Watkins had a couple of good playoff games but for pretty much the whole season did nothing after week 1. Both will still hurt each other’s value this season target wise but one thing is for sure - Hardman will see a lot more action this season than last and where he is being drafted I’m buying especially given it’s the KC offence

2 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

I’ve been coming across a few articles that have Hardman as a breakout player this season. Agree?

Yes. There was a thread some time ago about interesting sophomores, and boy is he interesting.

His speed, age and skill-set are great; his main problem might be that he's competing with Watkins who is the 9th highest paid at the Chiefs. However, in Dynasty Hardman is a huge asset.

I mean, even if Watkins signs for a low number next year and stays there to win, there's a decent chance the aliens pick him up and take him back to his home planet.   

In all seriousness, pretty simple for me- if Hardman's got Hill or Watkins out of the way, I want him, and in a dynasty, i'll take that chance that he has a bigger 2021 role.  In redraft, he's an avoid until that happens.   

5th in line for targets? Obviously Hill and Kelce is ahead of him but I think the rest could be fairly even. Maybe Watkins might just get a few more but Robinson will definitely be behind Hardman for targets. CEH still unknown as well but rb will always get some check down passes which are rarely going to a WR anyway. I’d say right now amongst receivers and TE he is option 3B in my eyes with little splitting him and Watkins.

• Like 1

More of a deep league guy with the team fully healthy , Hardman is not really starter material in shallow leagues. But I wouldn't mind some shares just for WR depth. You can always flex him for a hail mary, if down big that week against your opponent. Besides if Hill or Watkins were to miss time, Hill especially ... Giddy up

20 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

5th in line for targets? Obviously Hill and Kelce is ahead of him but I think the rest could be fairly even. Maybe Watkins might just get a few more but Robinson will definitely be behind Hardman for targets. CEH still unknown as well but rb will always get some check down passes which are rarely going to a WR anyway. I’d say right now amongst receivers and TE he is option 3B in my eyes with little splitting him and Watkins.

What makes you think he's ahead of Robinson and near even with Watkins?

In the 11 games where Hill, Watkins, and Robinson were healthy (including the playoffs), Hardman received a grand total of 13 targets.

Hardman’s true chance to breakout may not fully come to fruition till next season but Watkins has had years to prove his worth and to be frank hasn’t lived up to expectations or his contract. As I said will still get targets as a veteran receiver but there is no way Hardman doesn’t reach at least 40 receptions  (barring injury) this season which given a lot of those will likely be big plays probably would fall in that 700-800 yard mark with a reasonable dose of touchdowns. As someone else pointed out - one of those other receivers gets injured will be significantly more than that. I’d be expecting 10 fantasy points per game average with a lot of upside for more if things break well which given where he is being drafted roughly in that round 10-12 range is perfect. Don’t forget he was a rookie last year while those other guys had been around for longer. Bound for more involvement as a sophomore. Sort of risk reward pick I love too - if they don’t work out you’ve generally wasted a low rd draft pick but if they do it’s normally playoff or championship winning move

Edited by Black_Panther
  • Like 1
On 8/9/2020 at 4:53 PM, MrCantaloupe said:

Love the offense and Mecole's speed. 5th in line for targets though. I'll be surprised if he catches more than 40 balls. 

2000 yards and 40 touchdowns.  I'll take it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If the chiefs really loved hardman why do they bring watkins back even had the reduced salary? Who was making plays in the playoff games? It was watkins. I am not saying I want watkins for fantasy but he will cap hardman ceiling. Hardman will have his 3 nice weeks like 35 to 50 other fantasy wr in 2020.

1 hour ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

He is not 5th in line for targets this year. Avoid him due to that thinking and you’ll regret it 

Kelce

Hill

CEH

Watkins

That’s the pecking order for targets in KC. Hardman fans need a serious reality check.

Edited by joshua18