Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flaccidman

Mecole Hardman is the 2nd best receiver on the Chiefs behind Hill. No idea why the Chiefs don't give him more run; he's really good.   FREE MECOLE.

He's yourcole now

One of the rare WR handcuffs. Outsnapped Demarcus Robinson yesterday for the 1st time with Watkins healthy. If he can get to 60% - 70% snap share consistently, watch out. There's just too much attention going on elsewhere that teams will make Hardman beat them and with his speed he can.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, harck said:

Honestly think he is close to taking Watkin's job as #2. He's been playing really well and the Watkins fumble the other day is definitely a boon.

I’m not sure about that. Hardman is a dynamic weapon for sure, but Watkins is actually a good all around WR. Ideal scenario is Hardman continues the trend of overtaking Robinson as the WR3, which would put him in WR3 category in fantasy. If Hill (especially) or Watkins were to get injured he’s absolute money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like this guy is about to 🚀 soon -- TD's in back-to-back games and is a much better playmaker than both Robinson and Watkins. Production, athleticism and fit in this scheme are not a question. It's all gonna come down to usage. Enough of it will make Hardman a high-end WR3 with upside for more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

If I was KC, I'd want defenses to have to deal with and worry about Hill and Hardman on almost every snap. That's a lot scarier than Hill and Watkins. I think that's where we're headed. 

Hopefully...but they play a base 3WR/1TE/RB '11' anyway...just stop the nonsense giving snaps to a thoroughly mediocre Robinson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Hopefully...but they play a base 3WR/1TE/RB '11' anyway...just stop the nonsense giving snaps to a thoroughly mediocre Robinson.

Its his blocking that gives Robinson snaps. I personally want to see more Hardman, but that is why Robinson is involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TwoCan Sam said:

Its his blocking that gives Robinson snaps. I personally want to see more Hardman, but that is why Robinson is involved.

I don't have the specific snaps counts in front of me, but it looked like they phased him (Robinson) out last 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy needs a proper nickname now that he's due to blow up with Watkins being out.

I'll start with a few ideas:

Mecole "The Missile" Hardman 

A Hardman is good to find

Mecole,  Hard, Cash

Mecole "The Sequel" Hardman (to Tyreek)

Mecole "Gets me so" Hard, man

Mecole "Goin Yard Man" Hardman

Yeah I have too much time on my hands!

Thoughts?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jahmon4 said:

This guy needs a proper nickname now that he's due to blow up with Watkins being out.

I'll start with a few ideas:

Mecole "The Missile" Hardman 

A Hardman is good to find

Mecole,  Hard, Cash

Mecole "The Sequel" Hardman (to Tyreek)

Mecole "Gets me so" Hard, man

Mecole "Goin Yard Man" Hardman

Yeah I have too much time on my hands!

Thoughts?

My first thought was you have too much time on your hands but you covered that. 
his nickname is Jet by the way. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jahmon4 said:

This guy needs a proper nickname now that he's due to blow up with Watkins being out.

I'll start with a few ideas:

Mecole "The Missile" Hardman 

A Hardman is good to find

Mecole,  Hard, Cash

Mecole "The Sequel" Hardman (to Tyreek)

Mecole "Gets me so" Hard, man

Mecole "Goin Yard Man" Hardman

Yeah I have too much time on my hands!

Thoughts?


yup I can definitely hear tony romo saying “screen pass to goin yard man” 😑😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

TreDavius on Tyreek, Norman on Mecole? If that’s the case, fire up the Hardman.

Didn't even think of this. Great reasoning. 

Imagine if he was getting Watkins full snap load. This kid would light it up every week. I bet he wouldn't fall dead every time a defender got near him too like Watkins. Really surprised the chiefs haven't unleashed him yet.... YET

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Didn't even think of this. Great reasoning. 

Imagine if he was getting Watkins full snap load. This kid would light it up every week. I bet he wouldn't fall dead every time a defender got near him too like Watkins. Really surprised the chiefs haven't unleashed him yet.... YET

So this is definitely something to consider yes, but also they move Hill around and he definitely has the speed to burn even the best DBs.

 

As far as them not unleashing him, it’s because he still has a ways to go in terms of being a more complete receiver. Yes he’s got speed but he needs to show more than just that. He’s definitely way farther along this year compared to his rookie season so this could definitely be the breakout spot. Robinson, while not a scrub, doesn’t possess the skill set Hardman has, but he’s involved because he’s a more complete receiver at this stage. He’s taller and has about 25 lbs on Hardman so he’s a more capable blocker. Hardman is also their primary returner so they’re not trying to put so much on his plate that it overwhelms him or depletes his game changing speed.

 

TLDR; Hardman is a stud, he’s on the fringe of breaking out & theres reasons he hasn’t...yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwoCan Sam said:

So this is definitely something to consider yes, but also they move Hill around and he definitely has the speed to burn even the best DBs.

 

As far as them not unleashing him, it’s because he still has a ways to go in terms of being a more complete receiver. Yes he’s got speed but he needs to show more than just that. He’s definitely way farther along this year compared to his rookie season so this could definitely be the breakout spot. Robinson, while not a scrub, doesn’t possess the skill set Hardman has, but he’s involved because he’s a more complete receiver at this stage. He’s taller and has about 25 lbs on Hardman so he’s a more capable blocker. Hardman is also their primary returner so they’re not trying to put so much on his plate that it overwhelms him or depletes his game changing speed.

 

TLDR; Hardman is a stud, he’s on the fringe of breaking out & theres reasons he hasn’t...yet.

Definitely correct but also not the only reason Hardman doesn't get more playing time. It's tough to have Hill and Hardman on the field together all game. That makes your offense kinda one dimensional and also really weak when it comes to run blocking. Hardman's a stud but he is one of the more raw receivers in the league and his skill set is a total clone of his teammate's who does it better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...