NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised by how eager many are to sell here. The LA Rams are 2nd in rush attempts in the league. They are neck-and-neck with the Browns with only a 3 carry separation. This is a backfield yo

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protec

Dynasty owners  

• 1 month later...

Draft will obviously be very interesting for the Rams.. but since their cap is messy and they are limited with picks as it is, I can't see a RB signing/high pick coming. Then again they have been dumb enough to do some of the other things already. I just can't really imagine Henderson not being the guy at this point. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, devaster said:

He was a zero and couldn't even push a diminished Gurley. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams sign a cheap veteran and ride the vet and Brown.

Hmmm, that's harsh.

I didn't see a lot out of Henderson last season but they just cut Gurley and it's clear they aren't going to draft a RB with a high pick. It's gonna be Henderson and Brown competing to start but could be an ugly RBBC. I don't see what vet RB they would sign now. Frank Gore?

On 2/15/2020 at 9:17 AM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Not even sure why he has a thread at this point.

lol

His body of work last season (39 carries) is not enough to draw a conclusion. This guy should be on everyone's radar right now, especially with the news of Gurley's release.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 3
59 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I like Henderson but I hope his price isnt ridiculous come draft time. This isnt the same offense since the middle of the 2018 season.

Probably true.  Particularly given the selloff.

The interior line might be better with experience, and in a vacuum I like the talent level.  But name value of Rams RB may be too high.  Guess we'll see.

4 hours ago, devaster said:

He was a zero and couldn't even push a diminished Gurley. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams sign a cheap veteran and ride the vet and Brown.

Would they really run another back out there after paying Gurley that much? Some coaches are dumb and stick to what they paid 

Edited by bhawks489
4 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

lol

His body of work last season (39 carries) is not enough to draw a conclusion. This guy should be on everyone's radar right now, especially with the news of Gurley's release.

Plus (dont kill me for this people) Leveon bell had a 3.5 YPC on way! more rushes his rookie year. 

Can you see them drafting another back early in this class?

3 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I'm buying

The group went on about this guy, we talked about this player. Gotta figure the same people who hyped him & took him in the sixth round are the same ones now saying... he wasn't afforded the opportunity. Henderson was an early-entry with limited experience in a system that didn't prepare him that well for the next level. Never mind the level of competition, the gobs of production vs air. He wasn't as far along as Jacobs, Montgomery or Mattison.

Then, there's that team, the Rams. This is not a squad that's trending & adding. Perhaps it is there, but the team looks like they're in damage control, salvage mode. Definitely Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods is sneaky & their TEs pop, but the rest of it, off the heap or not at all. The 49ers didn't do that, the big splash play & I don't have the same concern about. The Shanahans have always molded their RBs & if they draft one in the mid-later rounds, speculatively, I'm apt to draft that player over Henderson.             

25 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

The group went on about this guy, we talked about this player. Gotta figure the same people who hyped him & took him in the sixth round are the same ones now saying... he wasn't afforded the opportunity. Henderson was an early-entry with limited experience in a system that didn't prepare him that well for the next level. Never mind the level of competition, the gobs of production vs air. He wasn't as far along as Jacobs, Montgomery or Mattison.

Then, there's that team, the Rams. This is not a squad that's trending & adding. Perhaps it is there, but the team looks like they're in damage control, salvage mode. Definitely Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods is sneaky & their TEs pop, but the rest of it, off the heap or not at all. The 49ers didn't do that, the big splash play & I don't have the same concern about. The Shanahans have always molded their RBs & if they draft one in the mid-later rounds, speculatively, I'm apt to draft that player over Henderson.             

Seems like you missed out. I got him in a keeper league last year and I’m definitely keeping him. He was injured towards the end of last season so he never got an opportunity to truly show what he has but in the limited work he did get he looked impressive. He’ll be a solid RB2 with RB1 potential. 

3 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

"Seems like you missed out. I got him in a keeper league last year and I’m definitely keeping him. He was injured towards the end of last season so he never got an opportunity to truly show what he has but in the limited work he did get he looked impressive. He’ll be a solid RB2 with RB1 potential." 

I can't speak to how it may seem & while I only hit on players maybe 10% of the time, Henderson happened to be one of them. I would've taken him, but he was coming off boards way too soon. Here, owners accurately pegged Gurley's volume taking a hit. Unfortunately, the part that didn't materialize was Henderson assuming the available workload. The counterargument that blames a commitment to Gurley is unsubstantiated. Gurley had 315 touches the year before, over 14 games. Last year was 254 in 15 games played. Between Gurley & Henderson was Malcolm Brown, who didn't exactly set himself apart! A hundred plus touches were there for Henderson to warrant further usage but he didn't get it done. Or, what wouldn't surprise me is that he wasn't ready.

Perhaps now he is, perhaps of equal interest, they're willing to find out? He's a guy to monitor, no doubt, but for an earlier mid-round pick, I'm out. I suppose, but I just don't like the Rams this year. There's a more positive buzz around the Cardinals right now. They're not catching the 'Niners or the Seahawks... OMG, last place, no way!? Could be wrong, but I don't think they're going to do that well this year. Readers, myself included, we want to know where others stand on a given player. Is this player a DND, a breakout candidate, what? You say you "got him", well, how did you attain him? You're going to keep him, okay, in what round?    

Edited by markrc99
19 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

I can't speak to how it may seem & while I only hit on players maybe 10% of the time, Henderson happened to be one of them. I would've taken him, but he was coming off boards way too soon. Here, owners accurately pegged Gurley's volume taking a hit. Unfortunately, the part that didn't materialize was Henderson assuming the available workload. The counterargument that blames a commitment to Gurley is unsubstantiated. Gurley had 315 touches the year before, over 14 games. Last year was 254 in 15 games played. Between Gurley & Henderson was Malcolm Brown, who didn't exactly set himself apart! A hundred plus touches were there for Henderson to warrant further usage but he didn't get it done. Or, what wouldn't surprise me is that he wasn't ready.

Perhaps now he is, perhaps of equal interest, they're willing to find out? He's a guy to monitor, no doubt, but for an earlier mid-round pick, I'm out. I suppose, but I just don't like the Rams this year. There's a more positive buzz around the Cardinals right now. They're not catching the 'Niners or the Seahawks... OMG, last place, no way!? Could be wrong, but I don't think they're going to do that well this year. Readers, myself included, we want to know where others stand on a given player. Is this player a DND, a breakout candidate, what? You say you "got him", well, how did you attain him? You're going to keep him, okay, in what round?    

He’s definitely worth the gamble if the Rams don’t add any depth through free agency, or the draft. GL back for this team even this year , should pay off. Really just depends on his ADP and where you draft him. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, markrc99 said:

This was one of the longest ways to say nothing that I have ever read. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook