NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

3.8 ypc is good company to be in?  It's more like roster-bubble material.

Lmao dude was just trying to point out that quite a few RB’s didn’t perform all that well their rookie seasons . To be fair it’s not like Darell was handed the keys last season , and told to run with it. Gurley was still the starter when healthy and you had Brown siphoning off carries. Not really a recipe for fantasy success. Rams regressed in a major way as well in 2019 . And that O-line went from great to just bad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised by how eager many are to sell here. The LA Rams are 2nd in rush attempts in the league. They are neck-and-neck with the Browns with only a 3 carry separation. This is a backfield yo

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protec

Dynasty owners  

16 hours ago, BMcP said:

Hasn’t the man had enough at this point?  I feel like the point has been made.

Stop Hes Already Dead GIFs | Tenor

15 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

3.8 ypc is good company to be in?  It's more like roster-bubble material.

More... Weight" Giles Corey - The Crucible - YouTube

• Haha 3

Did the Rams cut Gurley because they believed Henderson was ready to take over?  I don't believe they did.  More likely, they released Gurley because they were about to be required to pay $10.5 million to a player they refused to admit, but everyone else in the NFL (except Atlanta) knew to be a gimp.

If I am right, the Rams will draft a running back in round 3 or earlier.  Or trade for or sign a significant veteran running back.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

"Did the Rams cut Gurley because they believed Henderson was ready to take over? I don't believe they did. More likely, they released Gurley because they were about to be required to pay $10.5 million to a player they refused to admit, but everyone else in the NFL (except Atlanta) knew to be a gimp. If I am right, the Rams will draft a running back in round 3 or earlier.  Or trade for or sign a significant veteran running back."

The Rams are among the teams that have taken a close look at Zack Moss. They run zone inside & out, good fit. Problem is, he's on a lot of team's draft board. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

The Rams are among the teams that have taken a close look at Zack Moss. They run zone inside & out, good fit. Problem is, he's on a lot of team's draft board. 

Moss runs early down and Henderson works passing and 3rd down. Something he has seen from the Tree he has come from aka Gruden boys.

Rams GM Les Snead said the offense wants to "utilize more than one workhorse moving the ball, with different skill sets."

The Rams leaned heavily on Tod Gurley throughout much of the first three seasons under coach Sean McVay, but it sounds like a different approach will be taken moving forward.  Darrell Henderson is widely viewed as the heir apparent in the L.A. backfield, but Malcolm Brown should also see the field quite a bit unless the Rams use another pick on a running back.  Henderson was taken 70th overall last April but posted a miserable 39-147-0 rushing line as a rookie.  The Rams' high-octane offense can support two backs when it comes to fantasy, but the offensive line and Jared Goff have to play better in 2020.

RELATED: 
Apr 6, 2020, 4:50 PM ET
41 minutes ago, The G Man said:
Rams GM Les Snead said the offense wants to "utilize more than one workhorse moving the ball, with different skill sets."

Rams GM Les Snead is afraid to say the word committee.

2 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Just came to Henderson's thread, to quote myself. 

#narcissist

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protect against injury or run down late in the year.. and they can ensure the backs are fresh and explosive. In fantasy, we are simply looking for the lead back/leader of the pack in most cases and especially the explosive type that can catch... like Henderson. 

Henderson is still a guy they traded two 3’s for and the college film was nice. His rookie year was nothing to write home about but it was just one season. The Rams offense as a whole took a step back, they had a terrible o-line and Gurley was getting at least 15+ touches per game. 

I don’t think the Rams have the cap space or draft capital to waste either on a back.. at least anything over dirt cheap or way late. That to me still leave Henderson with the most talent and the highest upside. He the Rams can sort out their oline and get Goff to play decent I think we are looking at a top 15 back. 

None of this is ground breaking.. myself and others have said the same things repeatedly in this forum. Until we conclude the draft and see how the preseason plays out there should be no one claiming he’s the next Kamara or that he’s the next Christine Micheal. Right now, I have him on my bench in dynasty and I’m damn happy about it. I still really like the player and am not one of the idiots that think one year good or bad decides a career. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protect against injury or run down late in the year.. and they can ensure the backs are fresh and explosive. In fantasy, we are simply looking for the lead back/leader of the pack in most cases and especially the explosive type that can catch... like Henderson. 

Henderson is still a guy they traded two 3’s for and the college film was nice. His rookie year was nothing to write home about but it was just one season. The Rams offense as a whole took a step back, they had a terrible o-line and Gurley was getting at least 15+ touches per game. 

I don’t think the Rams have the cap space or draft capital to waste either on a back.. at least anything over dirt cheap or way late. That to me still leave Henderson with the most talent and the highest upside. He the Rams can sort out their oline and get Goff to play decent I think we are looking at a top 15 back. 

None of this is ground breaking.. myself and others have said the same things repeatedly in this forum. Until we conclude the draft and see how the preseason plays out there should be no one claiming he’s the next Kamara or that he’s the next Christine Micheal. Right now, I have him on my bench in dynasty and I’m damn happy about it. I still really like the player and am not one of the idiots that think one year good or bad decides a career. 

Yeah but we're not posting on a fantasy forum in early April for a "let's wait and see," analysis here, man. Is he gonna be good or not?

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

Yeah but we're not posting on a fantasy forum in early April for a "let's wait and see," analysis here, man. Is he gonna be good or not?

While your at it, ask him for the winning lottery numbers ... 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

I wasn't asking for my own benefit. I already have my own thoughts on Henderson, I was just joking around. 

I know brodie , same here 👍🏻 

• Like 1

Henderson is the classic mistake people fall into when evaluating a back. A guy that is extremely flashly, has nice highlights, makes people miss, is shifty, and everything along those lines. So the narrative becomes "how can he not be a starter?!?", "it's only a matter of time he is too talented", etc.

This is good and all but ignoring pass blocking, play recognition, ability to find holes, etc won't go a long way. Henderson was terrible at finding holes and rather dance around than actually pickup yards. Kamara for example is extremely slippery and shifty but he finds the hole and hits it hard and also has incredible vision. That's what makes him so special. Not only has Henderson not displayed that, he has done quite the opposite often times.

I'm not writing him off. However, a lot of those things are intuition and hard to learn. The Rams offense is no longer elite so drafting all their starters left and right isn't a valid strategy. Obviously, it is too early to discuss Hendersons ADP without knowing what they do in the draft and how the depth chart pans out but in a best case scenario he still has no business going in the first 4-5 rounds. This offense was barely a top 10 offense last season and is on the decline as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

Until the o-line gets fixed I’m staying away from the rams backfield period.

i think the rams defense will be pretty bad this season. I expect the receivers to do well but I don’t see a consistent running game at all 

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook