NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised by how eager many are to sell here. The LA Rams are 2nd in rush attempts in the league. They are neck-and-neck with the Browns with only a 3 carry separation. This is a backfield yo

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protec

Dynasty owners  

• tonycpsu changed the title to Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

Nice stat line, glad I scooped yesterday. Anyone watch the game? Akers looked bad last week then got hurt. Brown is not their long term answer and got out touched today. 

Passed the eyeball test. Reminded me of Mostert a little from last year - compared to his backfield-mate today, dude looked like he was getting shot out of a cannon when he touched the ball.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, b_23 said:

Passed the eyeball test. Reminded me of Mostert a little from last year - compared to his backfield-mate today, dude looked like he was getting shot out of a cannon when he touched the ball.

Yeah, 100% agree. So angry at myself for dropping him after week 1. We shall see. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, b_23 said:

I was shocked when I saw how fast and decisive he ran.....finally healthy and may have an opportunity if Cam misses time....even if not I think he carved out a solid role going fwd after that....

34 minutes ago, stevieglick said:

You gonna bid for him on waivers? What do you think is a reasonable FAAB price tag?

Depending on how dire your RB situation is. I had to drop him for snell last week. Now I lost Barkley and RoJo can't be trusted. Our budget is $250, I spend 50 on snell. I'll probably go somewhere between $50-75 for Henderson. If I don't get him, more power to whoever does.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, stevieglick said:

You gonna bid for him on waivers? What do you think is a reasonable FAAB price tag?

Yup I am, and Im thinking 30-40%. And likely closer to the higher end of that, Im likely over bidding, but I want him on my roster. I like Henderson over the other free agents backs available in deep leagues. 

Akers doesnt look ready to me, hes still a raw player (like Henderson last season) and Malcolm Brown looked good week 1 but hes likely still a JAG. Henderson has always been an explosive backs with good receiving ability. IMO Hendersons floor going forward is the change of pace receiving back. With Hendersons improved vision, Akers/Brown short term injuries, Henderson might get a legitimate shot to prove him and will likely continue to capitalize. He wont ever be a workhorse, but with a 50% snap count share he can still be a solid option at RB2 (as proved this Sunday). Upside rises if Akers misses any time.

BTW I drafted Rojo (late round pick) fully thinking he would be able to hold off Fournette, so maybe take my RB opinion with a grain of salt lol. 

• Like 1

I Think I am bidding 51 on him and 51 on mike davis. I lost cmac and I do have mckinnon to replace cmac but i do not trust mckinnon long term. Henderson is the most expolosive rams rb. As long as henderson does not mess up in pass pro this week he could see 15 to 17 touches weekly moving forward. Henderson just has explosion that malcom brown does not posess. The worry I have is when all 3 are healthy of course. Still every team in the league is in some type of committee though. Even kamara loses snaps to lat murray and even some to ty montgomery. The key is henderson getting his 16 weekly touches. dude reminded me of aaron jones yesterday but of course it was just 1 game.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Yup I am, and Im thinking 30-40%. And likely closer to the higher end of that, Im likely over bidding, but I want him on my roster. I like Henderson over the other free agents backs available in deep leagues. 

Akers doesnt look ready to me, hes still a raw player (like Henderson last season) and Malcolm Brown looked good week 1 but hes likely still a JAG. Henderson has always been an explosive backs with good receiving ability. IMO Hendersons floor going forward is the change of pace receiving back. With Hendersons improved vision, Akers/Brown short term injuries, Henderson might get a legitimate shot to prove him and will likely continue to capitalize. He wont ever be a workhorse, but with a 50% snap count share he can still be a solid option at RB2 (as proved this Sunday). Upside rises if Akers misses any time.

BTW I drafted Rojo (late round pick) fully thinking he would be able to hold off Fournette, so maybe take my RB opinion with a grain of salt lol. 

Hah! Dang Fournette last week, wow. He will most likely get injured per usual. But yea I want to spend that much on Henderson just to make up for my dumb mistake of cutting him. I also have Akers so it makes it tough. I will most likely only do about 10% and pray everyone goes for Mike Davis, Devonta, and Dion Lewis. 

10 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

I Think I am bidding 51 on him and 51 on mike davis. I lost cmac and I do have mckinnon to replace cmac but i do not trust mckinnon long term. Henderson is the most expolosive rams rb. As long as henderson does not mess up in pass pro this week he could see 15 to 17 touches weekly moving forward. Henderson just has explosion that malcom brown does not posess. The worry I have is when all 3 are healthy of course. Still every team in the league is in some type of committee though. Even kamara loses snaps to lat murray and even some to ty montgomery. The key is henderson getting his 16 weekly touches. dude reminded me of aaron jones yesterday but of course it was just 1 game.

Yeah, I would bid that high if I had it!😂 I got bid happy last week with Josh Kelley. 

• Like 1

Surprised there isn’t more buzz on this dude right now. Figured he’d be a bit WW commodify this week. I lost Saquad and feel like I need Henderson now. With Akers banged up and Malcolm brown banged up he could run away with the job? Thoughts? I gotta make up my mind before I drop 51% of my FAAB on him haha. Why is this dude worth investing in? Or is this just an ugly committee in the making?

3 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

Surprised there isn’t more buzz on this dude right now. Figured he’d be a bit WW commodify this week. I lost Saquad and feel like I need Henderson now. With Akers banged up and Malcolm brown banged up he could run away with the job? Thoughts? I gotta make up my mind before I drop 51% of my FAAB on him haha. Why is this dude worth investing in? Or is this just an ugly committee in the making?

I still think Akers ends up taking over the job and winds up being the 2020 version of an every down back. Henderson will probably have a change of pace role and be at least flex-worthy in PPR down the stretch.

Just my thoughts, I’m a Rams fan trying to read the tea leaves like everyone else.

4 hours ago, mdw5048 said:

You gotta be REAL desperate to blow over half your FAAB on this guy. He's not running away with the job, so the only way he's anything more than a low-end RB2 is if Brown and Akers miss extended time.