NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook

Rams head coach Sean McVay said RB Cam Akers' recovery from his rib injury isn't coming along as quickly as first anticipated. 

Akers sounds unlikely to suit up this week against Buffalo. Darrell Henderson stepped in after Akers' Week 2 injury and turned 14 touches into 121 yards against the Eagles. Malcolm Brown is nursing a finger injury, making Henderson the favorite to carry the load for LA in Week 3. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised by how eager many are to sell here. The LA Rams are 2nd in rush attempts in the league. They are neck-and-neck with the Browns with only a 3 carry separation. This is a backfield yo

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protec

Dynasty owners  

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Rams head coach Sean McVay said RB Cam Akers' recovery from his rib injury isn't coming along as quickly as first anticipated. 

Akers sounds unlikely to suit up this week against Buffalo. Darrell Henderson stepped in after Akers' Week 2 injury and turned 14 touches into 121 yards against the Eagles. Malcolm Brown is nursing a finger injury, making Henderson the favorite to carry the load for LA in Week 3. 

Sneaky FLEX play this week, unfortunately it’s Buffalo.

• Like 1

Malcolm Brown is clearly a waste of carries (as we all knew)...if Akers takes his time, then DH is gonna own this backfield.

He has juice... great jump cuts, much improved vision (and blocking) also some power. Super impressed with him again.

• Haha 1
Just now, Evincar said:

No one should be worried about Brown lol.

I'll be honest in that I haven't kept up with their situations. I know he went off week 1, but have had two duds in a row. Is Akers gonna be a problem when he returns? Maybe Henderson puts a stranglehold on the job if Akers is out for a couple more weeks. 

Just now, theantishere said:

I'll be honest in that I haven't kept up with their situations. I know he went off week 1, but have had two duds in a row. Is Akers gonna be a problem when he returns? Maybe Henderson puts a stranglehold on the job if Akers is out for a couple more weeks. 

Akers wasnt good before he got hurt. As long Hendo keeps producing he's going to be the lead guy in this committee. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

I would go that far.  

Rams RBs dont get targeted enough in the passing game to warrant RB1 status. Akers and Brown will still mix in enough to limit Hendersons ceiling.

Edited by Evincar
27 minutes ago, Jericho said:

There is a chance he even played this week. Obviously that didn't happen, but shows he's close. He could return next week, probably no later than Week 5.

Argh, that really gives me pause about using my #1 on him. I get that he's had 2 really strong performances and could end up outright taking control of the backfield, but I'm not sure I'm dying to use my waiver on him if there's a chance that Akers kills the value. 

DH looks like at least an upside RB2. DH likely sees 50% of snaps moving forward whether or not Akers is active. Brown is stealing passing down snap work which limits DH receiving upside. Hendy can catch and run routes though, so all this is really dynamic and changing week to week. Hendy undoubtably looks like the best back here though