NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

It’s a legit question, but I’m not. 
Best player wins the job. Bet on talent. 

Can it turn into a bit of an annoying timeshare? Yep. 

But it can also turn into something much more glorious. 

To piggyback onto this:

(1) Rams are in win-now mode.  This is not a tanking/developing team who are going to sacrifice performance just to develop their 2020 draft pick (Akers).  

(2) Darrell Henderson was the 70th pick overall (early 3rd) in the 2019 draft.  Akers was the 52nd pick (mid-late second) in the 2020 draft.  

Some of you, in raising draft capital concerns, act like Henderson is a 35-year old geezer who the Rams are indifferent about.  Henderson is young.  He was drafted only one year earlier than Akers.  He was picked only 18 spots later than Akers.  

In sum, both Akers and Henderson are pretty damn similar from a draft/investment/development perspective.  

(3) Henderson has the talent and is performing well.  PFF has him as the #1 RB in football.  He looks fast, dynamic, and explosive, which were his strengths coming out of college.  

The big knock on Henderson is that he is undersized at 5'8.  That held him back in the 2019 draft, despite his ridiculous college statistics and great tape (granted, he played in the ACC).  However, Henderson's lack of size has not stopped him from performing well thus far.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised by how eager many are to sell here. The LA Rams are 2nd in rush attempts in the league. They are neck-and-neck with the Browns with only a 3 carry separation. This is a backfield yo

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protec

Dynasty owners  

On 9/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, smeeze said:

I'm sure the Rams will want to give Akers the opportunity to seize a role and they have the draft capital invested in him to justify it... But they're not going to freeze out Hendo if he keeps it up. 

Maybe, but Akers was drafted 52nd overall and Henderson was drafted 70th the year before (and the Rams traded up to get him giving up decent value). That's not a huge difference and Henderson sat in 2019 behind Brown and a fairly washed up Gurley. So it's not like the Rams have shown a need to force feed higher picks. Akers will need to earn his carries

• Like 1

Might be the waiver pickup of the year, frankly. Just needs to stay healthy. 

Akers will compete for touches eventually but missing game time as a rookie never helps. 

Brown isn't in the same league as the other guys. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

Might be the waiver pickup of the year, frankly. Just needs to stay healthy. 

Akers will compete for touches eventually but missing game time as a rookie never helps. 

Brown isn't in the same league as the other guys. 

between him and Robinson right now

• Like 2

I jumped on him as soon as everyone jumped off as a end of bench stash everywhere. So glad I did. I've now turned my attention to picking up and buying up all the Cam Akers for basically free. I expect Henderson to be the man but I for sure expect 1 of the 2 to be a big factor right around fantasy playoff time.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

I think I might like this guy more than David Johnson ROS. That seems to be where Henderson is at. I'm firing him up this week!

As long as Mcvay doesn't overthink it when Akers gets back, and he stays healthy, Henderson will be amazing rest of season. Low end RB1/high end RB2 is definitely within a possible outcome.

Remember, last year they drafted him in the 3rd round but he didn't get much work because the Rams had a clear starter. The same thing could easily happen to Akers this year. 

16 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Would you guys rank him ahead of guys like Melvin Gordon, David Johnson, Kareem Hunt? 

I think I would. They all might be safer, but Henderson is pretty safe as long as he keeps performing and his ceiling is much higher. 

36 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Would you guys rank him ahead of guys like Melvin Gordon, David Johnson, Kareem Hunt? 

I'f flip a coin between him and Gordon, but with Akers out I'd give the nudge to Henderson.

• Like 1