Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised by how eager many are to sell here. The LA Rams are 2nd in rush attempts in the league. They are neck-and-neck with the Browns with only a 3 carry separation. This is a backfield yo

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protec

Dynasty owners  

7 minutes ago, mjb said:

Injured?  Anyone see the game?

Looked juiced up and ready on the opening drive, got the GL reps and just couldn't quite get in, then they got tricky and gave Everett the rush. The rest of the day Brown had several drives all to himself. McVay had a very conservative gameplan and Goff was very meh. Giants D actually isn't the worst, they came to play today. Days will be better, but he is maxing out in that backend RB2 area right now...Akers will cut into his share too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Guwop said:

might try to see if i can buy low. The owner has mixon (who just went off). With this play and with akers coming back if you believe in hendo going forward his price dropped for sure

What’s there to believe in? Only thing I see is a 3 RB rotation when Akers gets back. They clearly Still like brown too much And invested in Akers. Can’t wait to drop him this week.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Guwop said:

might try to see if i can buy low. The owner has mixon (who just went off). With this play and with akers coming back if you believe in hendo going forward his price dropped for sure

Buy Hendo low? Does that make sense in a 3 headed monster?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sSektor said:

What the hell happened during the game? Seems the clock got burned insanely fast.

 

I don't think the Rams committed a penalty all game, and both teams had some pretty long drives.  Not a lot of stoppages.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

What’s there to believe in? Only thing I see is a 3 RB rotation when Akers gets back. They clearly Still like brown too much And invested in Akers. Can’t wait to drop him this week.

 

I think he's still worth holding on to see how this shakes out.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing how a guy can look dominant for two straight weeks, and the coach decides that it's time to get cute and play the career JAG over him. And then they barely beat the 31st best team in the NFL. Bold strategy, McVay. Bold.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mjb said:

So if Hendo scores a TD, does he stay in the game today and puts up RB2 numbers?

 

I don't think that would have anything to do with his usage.  It's not like Henderson was stuffed at the goal-line multiple times, and his coaches subsequently punished him.  

Henderson converted one or two third and short in the opening drive, and then had a couple of a red zone carries, each for 3-4 yards.  His short yardage runs were actually pretty good.  Took the ball from the 6 to the 2 yard line to set up the jet sweep TD (first TD for the Rams).  

Here's my guess regarding Henderson's usage in this game and going forward:  

(1) The Rams consider Henderson the better runner

(2) The Rams prefer Malcolm Brown in pass protection/passing situations

(3) Therefore, in games where the Rams are protecting a lead, I think we see way more Henderson, like the previous two games. (before today).  In close games, or games where the Rams are trailing, like today, we get more Malcolm Brown.  

(4) This is complete speculation and I am probably wrong.  I just have no other explanation given Henderson has been far more efficient with his touches than Brown.  I have to think pass protection is playing a role.  

 

Edited by Rainyy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjb said:

Buy Hendo low? Does that make sense in a 3 headed monster?

 

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

What’s there to believe in? Only thing I see is a 3 RB rotation when Akers gets back. They clearly Still like brown too much And invested in Akers. Can’t wait to drop him this week.

 

I could do worse with some of my bench stash. He's a buy low according to how he's being viewed now

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

 

I don't think that would have anything to do with his usage.  It's not like Henderson was stuffed at the goal-line multiple times, and his coaches subsequently punished him.  

Henderson converted one or two third and short in the opening drive, and then had a couple of a red zone carries, each for 3-4 yards.  His short yardage runs were actually pretty good.  Took the ball from the 6 to the 2 yard line to set up the jet sweep TD (first TD for the Rams).  

Here's my guess regarding Henderson's usage in this game and going forward:  

(1) The Rams consider Henderson the better runner

(2) The Rams prefer Malcolm Brown in pass protection/passing situations

(3) Therefore, in games where the Rams are protecting a lead, I think we see way more Henderson, like the previous two games. (before today).  In close games, or games where the Rams are trailing, like today, we get more Malcolm Brown.  

(4) This is complete speculation and I am probably wrong.  I just have no other explanation given Henderson has been far more efficient with his touches than Brown.  I have to think pass protection is playing a role.  

 

 

Great analysis, but it doesn't include Akers, and that's going to be a thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought hendo looked very good… But to be honest Malcolm Brown also looks ok. I think McVay is just staying true to his word. He told everybody this would be a running back by committee… And that is exactly what it is

 

This is very similar to the patriots backfield in recent years. Any given week a running back might put up 20+ points… And then you end up chasing those points only for the next guy up to get those
 

 

Edited by FooserX
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I thought hendo looked very good… But to be honest Malcolm Brown also looks ok. I think McVay is just staying true to his word. He told everybody this would be a running back by committee… And that is exactly what it is

 

This is very similar to the patriots backfield in recent years. Any given week a running back might put up 20+ points… And then you end up chasing those points only for the next guy up to get those
 

 

Looks like this backfield is "stay away from" like Tampa. You will just never know who is going to be the "hot hand".

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FooserX said:

I thought hendo looked very good… But to be honest Malcolm Brown also looks ok. I think McVay is just staying true to his word. He told everybody this would be a running back by committee… And that is exactly what it is

 

This is very similar to the patriots backfield in recent years. Any given week a running back might put up 20+ points… And then you end up chasing those points only for the next guy up to get those
 

 

 

That doesnt mean it will be a committee all season. If someone is going to emerge its going to be Akers or Henderson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Evincar said:

 

That doesnt mean it will be a committee all season. If someone is going to emerge its going to be Akers or Henderson.

 

Definitely possible, but what is strange is that many of us thought Henderson had already "emerged."  Henderson has been outplaying Brown the last couple games, and greatly out-touched him last week.  

Maybe we chalk up his ~20 carries last week to the Rams simply riding the hot hand, but the Rams didn't even give Henderson an opportunity to get going today.  That's just surprising given how well Henderson has played.  I thought he had earned it.  Oh well.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...