NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Playing for the Steelers is an honor and im sure he's kicking himself for burning them and ending up on the jets. Im sure many players would rather make a little less and actually play for a winning competent team. Bell lost.

Not saying you're wrong but just for devil's advocate sake:

1) You're likely a Steelers fan so I can see why you'd feel this way but it seems like Steelers take a hardball approach to salary negotiations and this may rub certain players the wrong way.

2) We have the luxury of hindsight so of course in that perspective, he lost badly but you can't fault him for getting that big contract at the time he signed.

3) You can always play for a contender on a paycut after you get the big contract. But not necessarily the other way around.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Playing for the Steelers is an honor and im sure he's kicking himself for burning them and ending up on the jets. Im sure many players would rather make a little less and actually play for a winning competent team. Bell lost.

Idk if there's a team in the entire league that gives less of a **** about their own players. And top it off you get to live in a garbage city like Pittsburgh. The Steelers will win just as many super bowls as the jets will in the next decade (zero)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Idk if there's a team in the entire league that gives less of a **** about their own players. And top it off you get to live in a garbage city like Pittsburgh. The Steelers will win just as many super bowls as the jets will in the next decade (zero)

I see a lot of terrible takes on here, but this might be it. Worst one I’ve ever seen. 

24 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

20 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I see a lot of terrible takes on here, but this might be it. Worst one I’ve ever seen. 

... outside of trashing the city of Pittsburgh, he's spot on. 

the Rooneys are old school hardball, and they will give on occasion,  but for the most part thay are pr1cks to deal with.  they, along with the Maras, are the shadow regime behind the facade that is Goodell - they let that stooge take the bullets, but those 2 dynastic families run this leeg from the wings. 

and there is NO. WAY. IN. HELL. that Teflon Tomlin can ever get by Mahomes or Lamar ... helll, Hoodie will still run circles around him with Cam. 

this is the 13th season since the SB win, and they aren't sniffing one anytime soon. 

you can book that.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the Rooneys are old school hardball, and they will give on occasion,  but for the most part thay are pr1cks to deal with.  they, along with the Maras, are the shadow regime behind the facade that is Goodell - they let that stooge take the bullets, but those 2 dynastic families run this leeg from the wings. 

and there is NO. WAY. IN. HELL. that Teflon Tomlin can ever get by Mahomes or Lamar ... helll, Hoodie will still run circles around him with Cam. 

this is the 13th season since the SB win, and they aren't sniffing one anytime soon. 

you can book that.

We shall see my friend, we shall see. I like our chances vs lamar. 

56 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you can book that.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on the city of Pittsburgh as it's not terrible I would just say it's bottom tier relative to all the other cities that have an NFL team. 

I honestly don't know why I even replied to a Steelers fan as I've never seen a group of fans so blind to the way their front office treats players. 

In an effort to not derail the thread I would certainly be entertaining trade offers on Bell right now from any managers who think they are being savvy and getting a discount on an injured player. At the end of the day Bell will only return value if he gets traded, Gase is the worst coach in the league and has been for years. I don't think Leveon is washed but playing for Gase is a nightmare for any RB.

8 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Bell is still a hold for me. I'm sticking with my guess that the Jets start 0-4 after a TNF loss to Denver. After Gase is fired, Bell comes off IR & is actually used properly

People in NY already had enough of him 0-3 might be enough maybe even 0-2 tbh. I'm a giants fan but I wouldn't mind seeing the jets hire that KC OC guy

2 hours ago, stay_woke said:

B-but Pittsburghs rated the most livable city in America 🤔

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Should've been paid by the Steelers.

giphy.gif

Yea they should have paid the guy with character, off the field problems and injury problems. 

Goes to the jets and stinks it up and then goes on IR after his first game this season. It looks like the Steelers made a good decision 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you can book that.

Yea, last time i checked football was a business, and they're in the business of making money and not giving it away...

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you can book that.

Spot on. Stillers get away with so much junk because of who their owners are

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I may be wrong, but the only “bad” thing I recall Bell doing is smoking trees. The horror. 🙄

when you're getting tested, and your union bargained that into a contract, then, yeah ... it's bad.  guy's a friggin' jackass. 

• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic