• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You guys are truly contemplating starting the Jets 3rd string running back?  

1)  Frank Gore

2)  Lamical Perine

3)  Le'Veon Bell

he's got a point.

the top two forced Gase wünderkind Blancmange out to El Lay ...

they got juice. 

Everyone keeps ragging on Joe. I’m of the opposite mindset right now. I think the guy has been frowned upon since he got that first big contract. He has a chip on his shoulder to play for. My guess here isn’t based on factual data, but more of a feeling. I bet we see a guy who has a lot to prove, even though he has a ring already. He may just end up being better than he has ever been before, and with nothing to lose on a talent depleted team, why not? If Joe can keep defenses honest through the air, with Crowder, Smith, and Herndon, I think Bell could salvage a decent season. I’m not a believer in Darnold though, and I think teams stack boxes against him because they know he can’t throw to beat them. Joe can beat them with his arm, as he has no other usable tangibles. He was just a product of being in a Ravens run first system. He threw for 300+ yards when he had to. 

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

The best case scenario for Bell owners is if they trade him.  If he stays with the Jets he will be a rb3 at best this season.

I'm trying to think of potential landing spots for him. For some reason, the Chargers come to mind as a potential fit. Herbert. Losing all these games by just only one score. Could be a game changer for them.

• Like 1
Just now, The_Truth_Returns said:

Steelers

Dolphins

Bears

Could probably make an argument for those 3.  Not sure who else would want to get involved, so the most likely alternative is he stays in New York.

Steelers? Not a chance after how that ended.

6 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

I'm trying to think of potential landing spots for him. For some reason, the Chargers come to mind as a potential fit. Herbert. Losing all these games by just only one score. Could be a game changer for them.

I agree a competent RB could have helped them the last few weeks, particularly last night.  I don't know if they got a single extra yard the entire night, they were dropping at contact like the old Tecmo Bowl game, was pretty weak.  I just don't know if they'd make that investment with Ekeler eventually returning and this basically being a foundation year where they are looking to build for the future.  1-4 is a tough hole to dig out of in that division, but if they feel they can make a run with a competent RB, then I would agree he is a good fit there.

• Like 1
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

No competent team will trade for this player.  That leaves only the incompetent teams.

But what team is more incompetent than the New York Jets??

Depends how much of that contract the Jets are willing to eat to move him.  Bell is a diva but he’s still more talented than a few teams starting RBs

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

They are always one James Conner grimace away from depth issues.  When that time comes, they might not have the ability to get a guy like Bell who already knows the offense.

Based on how it ended my guess is they'd pick losing if the options were Bell or losing.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Based on how it ended my guess is they'd pick losing if the options were Bell or losing.

I don't know, they have a squad this year, I think they'd let bygones be bygones.  Last year was a lost season, and they'd likely do whatever it took to avoid that.  I'm not predicting Pittsburgh, I think he'll stay in New York, just trying to outline the possibilities.  Bell knowing the offense is worth something, I would think.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Steelers

Dolphins

Bears

Could probably make an argument for those 3.  Not sure who else would want to get involved, so the most likely alternative is he stays in New York.

I am guessing run heavy teams like Colts, 49ers, Eagles may get in the mix.

• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic