NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

I too agree with the perspective that Bells at the end of his rope in the league. He’s a toxin no one wants to deal with for the little value he’d add.  He’s toast and rightfully so.  The NFL is riddled with malcontents who have torpedoed their own careers, add Bell to that lengthy and prestigious list.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

What meltdown? He’s sick of being on a team that does nothing but lose and coached by a 1st grader. 

Bell got his money and now he’s gonna play again on a better team, he’s an evil genius! 

let me add, your take on Bell is just as bad as Gase’s coaching, are you his brother by chance? 

Small tip--going from starting running back to street free agent prior to Week 6 is a meltdown by any definition of the word.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

When is the last time the pats gave a RB any money?? I might be wrong but cant remember it happening.  I mean Blount had like 1000 plus  and 18 tds and NE didn't even offer him a contract.  

Lol...just asking a question. Wasn’t sure what you referencing. But as far as that goes, maybe Corey Dillon got paid? And Bill might be a little more desperate this year, so they may pay. I wouldn’t think they’d have to pay too much, though. Won’t the Jets still owe Bell a nice chunk of change?

If Antonio Brown had suitors after allegedly raping two women why in the hell wouldn’t Bell have a shot to play somewhere? He’s already made his money, he stated on his Twitter he has “got a lot to prove, I’m ready to go”. He wants to play for a team that will use him right and that actually can win. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, youngrice said:

When is the last time the pats gave a RB any money?? I might be wrong but cant remember it happening.  I mean Blount had like 1000 plus  and 18 tds and NE didn't even offer him a contract.  

He can be had for a one year prove it deal... He is a Free Agent

11 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Exactly...This is what the hoodie has to say about Bell.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/09/18/bill-belichick-leveon-bell-patriots-jets-nfl-week-3/

Are you referring to an article from 2019?  Before Bell produced a full year of mediocrity and then melted down prior to week 6 of 2020?  Besides, Belichick often praises opposing players.  He did it with TJ Yeldon and Fred Jackson, so...

11 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I will agree to disagree, sorry for your Steelers. 

Do you believe Bell's season is going well?

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

If Antonio Brown had suitors after allegedly raping two women why in the hell wouldn’t Bell have a shot to play somewhere? He’s already made his money, he stated on his Twitter he has “got a lot to prove, I’m ready to go”. He wants to play for a team that will use him right and that actually can win. 

When on the field, Antonio Brown is actually good.  Bell, obviously, no longer is.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

AB was still a stud probably the best WR in the league at the time.  Bell was a great all purpose back(probably best for a year or two) but didn't have a play over 20ydsr(in his last year and half).  Either way its amazing they both ended up like this.

Bell will get his shot if he wants it.  I just question that he does since he passed up on 15 mill 2 years ago

18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Lol...just asking a question. Wasn’t sure what you referencing. But as far as that goes, maybe Corey Dillon got paid? And Bill might be a little more desperate this year, so they may pay. I wouldn’t think they’d have to pay too much, though. Won’t the Jets still owe Bell a nice chunk of change?

Bill Belichick?  Desperate?  Haw!

Leveon Bell on the Jets is like Demarco Murray playing for the Eagles. I believe Leveon Bell is still the same player and will be great on a team that uses him. Which is why I'm hoping he gets picked up by Tampa Bay so Bruce Arians can add to his stable of bastard running backs of the NFL.

Edited by n4sa

Sorry lads I am out of reactions for today so I am going to sign off.

Meet back here tomorrow if you want more opinions on Le'Veon Bell.

@Gohawks btw I am a lifelong Seattle Seahawks fan since the Jim Zorn Steve Largent Sherman Smith Jacob Green Efran Herrera years.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Sorry lads I am out of reactions for today so I am going to sign off.

Meet back here tomorrow if you want more opinions on Le'Veon Bell.

@Gohawks btw I am a lifelong Seattle Seahawks fan since the Jim Zorn Steve Largent Sherman Smith Jacob Green Efran Herrera years.

Huh I thought you were a Steelers fan. No idea why you seem to take it personal. Jets are pathetic.

I’d love for Bell to sign in Seattle now 🤣

Edited by Gohawks

Robby Anderson last year - 779 yards

Robby Anderson pace this year - 1,566 yards

He will almost certainly slow down but Gase is probably the second worse offensive coach I’ve ever seen behind Wilks. How talented Bell still is will depend on his next team. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Robby Anderson last year - 779 yards

Robby Anderson pace this year - 1,566 yards

He will almost certainly slow down but Gase is probably the second worse offensive coach I’ve ever seen behind Wilks. How talented Bell still is will depend on his next team. 

Exactly.  And how many other players that people thought sucked but, when they were released from under Gase, have actually been decent or good?  

Ryan Tanehill, Robby Anderson, Mike Gesicki, to name a few.

I don't think Bell will give you the same production as when he was a Steeler but, I think he'll be much better now that he's not playing for Gase.

• Haha 1

Just don't come to the Chiefs, Colts, Packers, Dolphins or Browns...Not welcomed as it will upset my nice stable of RB's..

Seattle would be ok...Bell went to Michigan state...Maybe the Lions?

But alas...like our fantasy leagues...real life rb's are in high demand as the carnage continues...

Unless there is some contractual reason for him to wait...He has already been angling for this for a while...He will sign within the week.

Edited by mar1kle
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Bears- If bell wants to play for contender think this is his best shot

Dolphins- no chance playing for next year

Cardinals- Have drake(8.5mill) and Edmonds doubt they bring him on

lions and Wash- could see it happen, but why wouldn't bell hold out for contender since he has got paid

Pats- Doubt it just not their style.  But maybe if he signs for min.

Chargers- not playing for anything no reason

Bucs- Could see if but doubt they would with Fournette as backup already.

Hell I hope i'm wrong.  Thought I got a steal in the fifith round round twice and now he has no team.

The pats thrive on picking up disgruntled players for a discount. My gut tells me the pats or the bears are two very likely scenarios. 

Edited by StevenSC400
2 hours ago, youngrice said:

True.  But lets not forget Pitt offered him like 5 for 70 the year before(not sure about numbers, but was very close to what he got from NYJ).  I'm not a pit fan but he was in perfect situation and he traded a possible hall of fame career for this.  Pretty sad.

Iirc there were some differing reports over how much of that was guaranteed. In the NFL that's really all that matters. Dude set himself up with enough cash to last his family a dozen generations down the road. Hard to argue against that. 

• Thanks 1

Love how Leveon and AB are on the street and Big Ben is 4-0 with a 10/1 TD to INT ratio coming off elbow surgery at 38. The Steelers are probably second only to the Pats in knowing just when to cut bait on these bums. 

Is anyone worried here about any of their RB's potentially being hurt by a signing? The Bears are somehow 4-1 but David Montgomery again looks like he's running in quicksand and they have no depth. I could see Nagy bringing him in for a pass catching role, he's probably still better than Montgomery in that regard and it limits the amount of touches for Montgomery, can't imagine the Bears want him handing this much of a workload when they don't have a capable backup on the roster.

Can someone explain to me how the contract situation works? He still has 6m guaranteed from the Jets, right? Does he get that now or at the end of the season or are that monthly payments?

Also, every contract he now signs is on top of that money. So if he would sign a 2m guaranteed one year deal he would have 8m this year, right?

• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic