Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

White=Pass 

Burkhead=Pass or Run but he dont have much talent either way (Jag)

Harris= Run

Michel= 3 yard loss

Bell= I have no idea what play they are running...defense screwed.

Cam- only one man can score rushing tds dressing like my grandmother in the postgame

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, harck said:

Pats seem like a good fit and he would get revenge games against the Jets... BUT. I just don't see them selling him on a committee. He needs to lock up a 2-3 year contract after this year, and I think he's going to want assurances that he is the locked in starter with the featured role in the backfield. The Pats have a very crowded backfield and they will undoubtedly still want to utilize Burkhead/White/Harris even if they sign Bell.

If he was unhappy with his usage these last two years, imagine how unhappy he'd be getting pulled out on every pass design for White and every third down for Burkhead. 

 

There arent any landing spots where he'll the unquestioned workhorse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think the Pats are nearly done with Michel. It's still crowded, but a Bell/Harris tandem is better than what they have been trotting out there.

If Bell is serious about "competing" with a shot at more touches he'd likely zero in on the Chiefs, Pats, and Bills. All lack true lead backs.

Can't see the Seahawks being too interested with Penny coming back, and they love Carson/Hyde.

Edited by LongBalls
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds  like pretty loose speculation to me... I’m going to have to trust the hard facts on my Twitter and tik tok videos.lol Just a side note, it surprising he doesn’t try to sign right away to get working and carve that position out, I thought he would have something lined up at 4pm tbh

Edited by TeeGee60
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

aren't the patriots not a good fit - don't they have white , harris and burkhead?

Yes but they need a rb that has talent and keep the defense guessing...imo

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots are RUN heavy and could sure use Bell's talent. I'm sure Belichick and Bell will come up with something after 24 hours of negotiating with his agent. Prolly a incentive laden bid but Bell thinks he cant reach those incentives if he has to Share the backfield with the other backs. Its either MY backfield or more guarantees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Yes but they need a rb that has talent and keep the defense guessing...imo

I agree with the thought process here but I think it would be a travesty to do something like this to Harris - he looks great in his short stint so far. He has plenty of talent I'm not sure why they'd short change their own draft pick. Obviously the Chefs are considering the same thing so maybe it's in vogue to just re-vamp your entire draft plan after 5 weeks. 

If they did sign Bell I'd have to assume Michel would be cut at this point.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Bell owner who scooped him off waivers and plugged him into the IR spot 2 weeks ago I'm hoping Chief's sign him. Best case scenario imo. Bears would be alright or Bills, I'd even like it if Jacksonville signed him, he'd easily take over imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is important to note that a player can put up good stats for fantasy purposes, depending on the scoring system, but be so bad in real life that they actually lose their job and then become useless in fantasy, too.

Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yards and 30 TDs last year to finish as a top-5 guy in most fantasy scoring systems, but where is he now?

Bell may be the latest example of this phenomenon playing out.  Yes he scored decently in full ppr leagues in 2019 because he often caught several passes per game.

So fantasy players tend to think of him as just outside the top 12 running backs in football.

But what did Bell actually do with all those carries and catches from 2019?  Very few big plays, very few big runs, very few touchdowns.

In real life, he did not really make that much of an impact.

Obviously, NFL GMs do not care at all about fantasy stats.  They want imoact players who will make big plays and most importantly win games.

In my opinion, fantasy players vastly overestimate Le'Veon Bell's real world value.  This may help to explain why no suitor has broken down his door in a rush to sign Bell, just yet.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think it is important to note that a player can put up good stats for fantasy purposes, depending on the scoring system, but be so bad in real life that they actually lose their job and then become useless in fantasy, too.

Jameis Winston threw for 5000 yards and 30 TDs last year to finish as a top-5 guy in most fantasy scoring systems, but where is he now?

Bell may be the latest example of this phenomenon playing out.  Yes he scored decently in full ppr leagues in 2019 because he often caught several passes per game.

So fantasy players tend to think of him as just outside the top 12 running backs in football.

But what did Bell actually do with all those carries and catches from 2019?  Very few big plays, very few big runs, very few touchdowns.

In real life, he did not really make that much of an impact.

Obviously, NFL GMs do not care at all about fantasy stats.  They want imoact players who will make big plays and most importantly win games.

In my opinion, fantasy players vastly overestimate Le'Veon Bell's real world value.  This may help to explain why no suitor has broken down his door in a rush to sign Bell, just yet.

He just got released yesterday a little over 24 hours. How fast do you expect him to get signed? Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

aren't the patriots not a good fit - don't they have white , harris and burkhead?

In fantasy the Patriots would be a worse case scenario than him blowing his ACL. In the ACL scenario you know for sure to drop. In the Patriots scenario you lose a couple close games due to no shows and then you're too scared to play him anymore while he eats a spot on your roster.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He just got released yesterday a little over 24 hours. How fast do you expect him to get signed? Lol


bare minimum, I expected tampering weeks ago and a contract announced at 4:01 et

Edited by GurleyMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gandalfthecat said:

Didn't take Fournette long. Just sayin'

 

Fournette signed with a team and is barely seeing the field. Bell likely wants to sign somewhere where he will be ON the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Didn't take Fournette long. Just sayin'

That’s Fournette he got an offer from the bucs and probably jumped on it to play with Brady. Bell could have multiple deals on the table and he’s thinking it over. Who knows. To say teams aren’t jumping on him in 24 hours is a bit premature.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...