NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

Your talking about Bell though who chose to sit out a whole season for $ and then signed thw next season with literally the worst possible team for $ lol. Money is now not as issue and it would make more sense to choose a team you have the best odds of winning a ring with reguardless of how much of a role he has. 

Money may not be the issue this year, but having a significant role to show you can still do it to secure a good contract may be a higher priority than a winning for Bell.  We have seen him choose $$ over winning before.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

Your talking about Bell though who chose to sit out a whole season for $ and then signed thw next season with literally the worst possible team for $ lol. Money is now not as issue and it would make more sense to choose a team you have the best odds of winning a ring with reguardless of how much of a role he has. 

I don’t believe that’s how Leveon thinks. He’s gonna want an opportunity to start and prove himself a new contract somewhere next season. That’s what I would think. Shrug Him in New England makes a TON of sense, scarily. Opportunity to start and prove it and an opportunity to win also. 

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

It’s not about making money this year, it’s about carving out a role for next year.  If he thinks he can outplay ceh or be a 1a that’s one thing but not sure he would play to be 1b even if it’s under chiefs cause that won’t let him get the money he thinks he deserves for the 1-2 year contract he has left in him

Just now, Loadedbrewer said:

Money may not be the issue this year, but having a significant role to show you can still do it to secure a good contract may be a higher priority than a winning for Bell.  We have seen him choose $$ over winning before.

Very true. I guess going to any contender willing to give him a significant role would make the most sense. With that being said, I still would lean towards KC since all they have if CEH but it's just a gut feeling.

5 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

Very true. I guess going to any contender willing to give him a significant role would make the most sense. With that being said, I still would lean towards KC since all they have if CEH but it's just a gut feeling.

Of all the contending teams, I would think the Chiefs would be his last choice. I very much doubt the Chiefs are going to hand over the reigns to Bell over CEH who they just invested massive amounts into and has been very good. The Chiefs need to find defensive players anyways, not offensive. They are scoring ridiculous amounts already. They can’t stop anybody. 

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

Of all the contending teams, I would think the Chiefs would be his last choice. I very much doubt the Chiefs are going to hand over the reigns to Bell over CEH who they just invested massive amounts into and has been very good. The Chiefs need to find defensive players anyways, not offensive. They are scoring ridiculous amounts already. 

Devils advocate: helps them win a super bowl, gets the ring, off-season move to another team as lead dog

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Devils advocate: helps them win a super bowl, gets the ring, off-season move to another team as lead dog

Not it he plays as much as Leonard Fournette, which is about what I would expect with the Chiefs. It would be a colossally bad choice, other than just to get a ring. Which he could try to do with 15 other teams in a better position to play a lot more. I mean the Bills (who couldn’t run the ball at all yesterday), Patriots, Rams, Ravens, Bears, back to the Steelers!, all offer the same chance at a ring and a chance at starting.

Edited by TennisDude

NE makes a ton of sense. I also think the Steelers make a lot of sense because he already knows the system and he would be extremely comfortable. A lot of Chicago talk but I just don't see him going to a team that doesn't have some kind of shot at a ring.

5 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

He’ll have big holes to run through in KC and never see stacked boxes.  And win a super bowl.  It’s a no brainer.  

So they are going to bench their 21 year old 1st round draft pick CEH that had nothing to do with them giving up 40 points Sunday to Derek Carr? Ya right lol 

Edited by TennisDude
5 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

So they are going to bench their 21 year old 1st round draft pick CEH that had nothing to do with them giving up 45 points Sunday to Derek Carr? Ya right lol 

KC also had interest in Fournette after he was waived; so not the first time they've thought about beefing up the veteran presence. Never a bad idea if you're primary goal is winning.

Edited by LongBalls
3 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

So they are going to bench their 21 year old 1st round draft pick CEH that had nothing to do with them giving up 45 points Sunday to Derek Carr? Ya right lol 

I don’t think anyone is saying they’ll bench him, but they’re not going to sign Lev to sit on the bench. He would definitely get run, and it’s not like CEH has set the world on fire anyway. 

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

KC also had interest in Fournette after he was waived; so not the first time they've thought about beefing up the veteran presence. Never a bad idea if you're primary goal is winning.

That’s not really how running backs make money though with such a short shelf life. Why wouldn’t he go to the Bills, Rams or Pats where he’d almost immediately start? 

8 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

So they are going to bench their 21 year old 1st round draft pick CEH that had nothing to do with them giving up 40 points Sunday to Derek Carr? Ya right lol 

Chiefs care only about winning. If their 21 year old 1st round draft pick isn’t performing then I easily see them benching him for Bell.

It would be a split initially but if Bell takes over then he takes over. A single back that they can use on passing downs and goal line attempts adds a whole new wrinkle to that team 

6 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

That’s not really how running backs make money though with such a short shelf life. Why wouldn’t he go to the Bills, Rams or Pats where he’d almost immediately start? 

He gets to run around with Mahomes for a year and probably win a championship. What's not to like?

2 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Chiefs care only about winning. If their 21 year old 1st round draft pick isn’t performing then I easily see them benching him for Bell.

It would be a split initially but if Bell takes over then he takes over. A single back that they can use on passing downs and goal line attempts adds a whole new wrinkle to that team 

How is Helaire not performing? The Bills couldn’t run at all last night on the Titans which allowed them to bring the kitchen sink on Allen. That destination would make so much sense. But I guess we’ll see. 

32 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Exactly.   KC is the best possible option.  CEH has years on his rookie deal, and they’re all about stacking the team to win titles now.  Him splitting time with Bell won’t phase KC at all.   They just did something similar-  re-signing Watkins despite investing a second in Hardman.   

8 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

How is Helaire not performing? The Bills couldn’t run at all last night on the Titans which allowed them to bring the kitchen sink on Allen. That destination would make so much sense. But I guess we’ll see. 

The Bills make a lot of sense for a lot of reasons. Nevertheless, even if there were parallel universes, there isn’t one of them where Le’Veon Bell can go to any team he chooses and says “Yep, it’s Buffalo.”

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Rideordiecowboy said:

Isn't he already in KC and a physical away from being a chef? That's what I thought I heard earlier. Done deal. Is it not?

I think this is false..