NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

As a Gaskin owner AND Huskies fan I may be just a bit biased but the Dolphins signing him is exactly what a bottom dweller franchise would do.

I’d like to preface by saying that they’ve honestly become my second favorite team and have a huge ceiling so I’m not trying to **** over the organization but it looks like they’ve turned a corner and this would be 10 steps back to the mess they’ve been for nearly 2 decades.

Just makes absolutely no sense. You are a young team that is likely 2 years from hitting the stage with a lot of young pieces. Not only that, you have a young back in Gaskin who seems to somewhat be breaking out and fits their timeline A LOT better.

So bringing in a running back that’s been a cancer to a young impressionable team that isn’t in win now mode is exactly what you’d expect from a franchise that’s horrible and rather make a quick splash than be relevant. Obviously the Dolphins haven’t signed him but the fact that they made a push for him just makes zero sense. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

Gase is on drugs or something.  He is always contradicting himself, and looks like a space cadet always.  he’s the turdiest of all turds.  Just surprising that he was able to shift blame to the gm and owner that they needed to get rid of their best asset without using him, instead of firing him.  

34 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

As a Gaskin owner AND Huskies fan I may be just a bit biased but the Dolphins signing him is exactly what a bottom dweller franchise would do.

I’d like to preface by saying that they’ve honestly become my second favorite team and have a huge ceiling so I’m not trying to **** over the organization but it looks like they’ve turned a corner and this would be 10 steps back to the mess they’ve been for nearly 2 decades.

Just makes absolutely no sense. You are a young team that is likely 2 years from hitting the stage with a lot of young pieces. Not only that, you have a young back in Gaskin who seems to somewhat be breaking out and fits their timeline A LOT better.

So bringing in a running back that’s been a cancer to a young impressionable team that isn’t in win now mode is exactly what you’d expect from a franchise that’s horrible and rather make a quick splash than be relevant. Obviously the Dolphins haven’t signed him but the fact that they made a push for him just makes zero sense. 

Don't think he will go to Miami just makes no sense for a guy like him at this point of his career.  But coaches are not guaranteed years and not to play the race card(I am white) but especially black coaches with no track record. The team has to show something or he could be gone next year.  Plus Gaskin is a decent RB but I don't think Miami see's him as the starting RB once they contend.  Will probably be drafting a new RB next year.

Edited by youngrice
  • Like 1

So let’s say he goes to kc... trying to figure out the role he would have? do you think it would be early down work? Third downs?personally I think it might be similar to that of Aaron jones and Jamal williams where they rotate possessions

... apparently Bell and Carr are also now twitter mates - not as seismic as the 'Homie follow fest, but it be out there. 

3 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Don't think he will go to Miami just makes no sense for a guy like him at this point of his career.  But coaches are not guaranteed years and not to play the race card(I am white) but especially black coaches with no track record. The team has to show something or he could be gone next year.  Plus Gaskin is a decent RB but I don't think Miami see's him as the starting RB once they contend.  Will probably be drafting a new RB next year.

take the race crap outta here, plz. 

Flores isn't going anywhere, the entire leeg views him as one of the best coaching talents on the rise.

how do you explain Lynn still having a gig after his team has blown a handful of second half double digit leads recently?

it ain't the old NFL, no matter how much you wanna peddle this - 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... apparently Bell and Carr are also now twitter mates - not as seismic as the 'Homie follow fest, but it be out there. 

take the race crap outta here, plz. 

Flores isn't going anywhere, the entire leeg views him as one of the best coaching talents on the rise.

how do you explain Lynn still having a gig after his team has blown a handful of second half double digit leads recently?

it ain't the old NFL, no matter how much you wanna peddle this - 

Hue Jackson went 1-15 one season, 0-16 the next, and STILL kept his job going into the next season.

NFL has a problem with prioritizing winning too much with some of the players they have. I’m not talking second chances as I think most people deserve one I’m talking third and fourth. I’m pretty sure Jerry Jones would sign a serial killer if he can get double digit sacks and the NFL gave him the go ahead. 

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

So let’s say he goes to kc... trying to figure out the role he would have? do you think it would be early down work? Third downs?personally I think it might be similar to that of Aaron jones and Jamal williams where they rotate possessions

I don’t believe KC drafted CEH to be a 3-down back. Then D-Will opted out they didn’t have much choice but to try & feature him. 
I think CEH & Bell would be fairly interchangeable between the 20’s with mostly the same skill sets. Where I believe we’d see the difference is:

- Bell would get most of the play calls for short-yardage power runs between the tackles 

- CEH would get most of the quicker misdirection plays

They would both end up as RB2/Flex plays if KC is the destination

21 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I don’t believe KC drafted CEH to be a 3-down back. Then D-Will opted out they didn’t have much choice but to try & feature him. 
I think CEH & Bell would be fairly interchangeable between the 20’s with mostly the same skill sets. Where I believe we’d see the difference is:

- Bell would get most of the play calls for short-yardage power runs between the tackles 

- CEH would get most of the quicker misdirection plays

They would both end up as RB2/Flex plays if KC is the destination

It would honestly be a pain in the a** for owners of both guys. KC simply doesn’t run enough to spit out Kamara/Ingram like production. They’ve been in the bottom 10 in run play percentage with Mahomes both seasons and why wouldn’t they?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

It would honestly be a pain in the a** for owners of both guys. KC simply doesn’t run enough to spit out Kamara/Ingram like production. They’ve been in the bottom 10 in run play percentage with Mahomes both seasons and why wouldn’t they?

... but if they want to keep that Defense off the field... Reid is no dummy... He'd dial up more running plays of he had shoulders to put it on... Can't run CEH, your prized rookie, 30x a game AND have him involved in the screen game, but TWO dual threat RB? GAME CHANGER. KC Bound.

3 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

You will notice he is choosing between five team with Patriots rumored to be one of them... https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2020/10/14/reports-leveon-bell-deciding-among-five-teams-tonight-or-tomorrow-bears-among-them/

I don't give much credence to agent-driven reports like the one you have cited above.  How many times have we read similar things about Devonta Freeman, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, and even Le'Veon Bell?  

When and if Bell actually signs, then we will know it.  Wherever it is, he is unlikely to have much impact.

5 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

... but if they want to keep that Defense off the field... Reid is no dummy... He'd dial up more running plays of he had shoulders to put it on... Can't run CEH, your prized rookie, 30x a game AND have him involved in the screen game, but TWO dual threat RB? GAME CHANGER. KC Bound.

If Bell goes to KC, he is going to be LeSean McCoy 2019 pt II.  Veteran role player and caddy to the primary components of the offense: Mahomes, Kelce, Hill and the WRs, and CEH.

As the focal point of the offense in New York, he played poorly but I suppose he was usable as a low ceiling RB3 in full ppr.  How do you think he will fare in fantasy as a background singer?

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Wherever it is, he is unlikely to have much impact.

I think his fantasy impact will strictly be relegated to the team and not the player itself.

If he lands on a team with a legitimate starting RB, his impact is basically a net negative for all fantasy players who own shares. 

If he lands on a team with no legitimate starter, he is likely not going to have any personal fantasy value aside from 3-4 decent games. 

But that's just my opinion. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Determined to die on this hill, eh Stevie?

Just silly to me that people think $9 mm per year for 3 years is anywhere close to what Bell wanted or what he he could have made. 

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Just silly to me that people think $9 mm per year for 3 years is anywhere close to what Bell wanted or what he he could have made. 

You’re counting his season sitting out-  but don’t forget Bell made a rap album.   Surely that has gone platinum by now

• Haha 1

Listen this guy was drafted as an RB2/3.  Can't tell me him landing in a high powered offense with handful of targets and a handful of carries is somehow worse than him getting 15 carries with the Jets.  Anything more is a cherry.  KC obviously the best from that perspective, followed by Chi.  Mia maybe, but tough run D schedule going forward but for a handful.

Anyone who saw that video with him and Chris Jones try and tell me he's not going to KC.