• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell does not care about his team's success.  He cares about his personal success and that means his own stats and his own earnings.

And it is the attitude that got him off the Jets and the likely reason no competent team will want to bring him in.

This is 100% False no matter how many times you try to push this narrative. 

15 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Bell should want to go to Buffalo. Singletary looks like garbage and he could be the man there.

Miami should be his 2nd choice. Could easily kick Gaskins to the side for an up and coming team.

KC should be last on the list. CEL is the future and will share carries at minimum. Would be a K. Durant lame move.

Singletary was never meant to be a feature back, he was supposed to be change of pace and pass catcher with Moss handling between the tackle work. Last year Gore handled between the tackles. He's being forced into a role he doesn't fit.

Bell would be a god send from what he can do, they could even put the two of them out there together with the lack of a TE threat on the roster. 

However, I still maintain this is not a McDermott guy whatsoever... Bills may be doing die diligence but I would be STUNNED if they actually signed him given the coaching staff and management approach to player attitudes.

• Thanks 1
Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell does not care about his team's success.  He cares about his personal success and that means his own stats and his own earnings.

And it is the attitude that got him off the Jets and the likely reason no competent team will want to bring him in.

Bills and Chiefs seem pretty competent to me - why do these two 4-1 contenders want him there ?  The very teams left that want him contradict what you just said.  

I think the people criticizing him for wanting to maximize his earnings probably work at their place of employment because it pays better than other options. Now if all else is roughly equal, y'all will work for the best environment, but if one company is offering you SIGNIFICANTLY more than any other, 99% of you would take it.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I think we are ignoring a possibly very important aspect of this saga. 

He is 28 years old, and turns 29 in February. This could be his last chance for a multi year lucrative deal. 

What if the Dolphins who have 15.9m in effective cap space right now, and almost 28m in cap space projected for next year offer him a longer term deal, instead of the vet minimum that many automatically assume he is going to take?

The Bills and the Chiefs cannot offer him that, both are projected to be well over the cap next year at -4.6m and -22.1m respectively. 

The narrative seems to be he wants a prove it deal on a good team to show what he can do... and then test the free agency waters as a 29 year old RB? What kind of agent would let a runningback in today’s NFL do that without screaming no at him?

I definitely could see MIA offering him a multi year deal, and Bell finishing his career where he lives in the offseason. 

Very sensible outlook.  If Bell can sign a deal today to set himself up for the rest of this year and next year in Miami, that will be his best bet to maximize his career earnings.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I think we are ignoring a possibly very important aspect of this saga. 

He is 28 years old, and turns 29 in February. This could be his last chance for a multi year lucrative deal. 

What if the Dolphins who have 15.9m in effective cap space right now, and almost 28m in cap space projected for next year offer him a longer term deal, instead of the vet minimum that many automatically assume he is going to take?

The Bills and the Chiefs cannot offer him that, both are projected to be well over the cap next year at -4.6m and -22.1m respectively. 

The narrative seems to be he wants a prove it deal on a good team to show what he can do... and then test the free agency waters as a 29 year old RB? What kind of agent would let a runningback in today’s NFL do that without screaming no at him?

I definitely could see MIA offering him a multi year deal, and Bell finishing his career where he lives in the offseason. 

Miami is paying Breida and Howard over 9 million combined in 2020. And they are starting a late round 2nd year RB. Is this the team you are trying to get a long term deal from? One that commits money to the RB position and not plays them?

The Dolphins are not an efficient run blocking team and are often in negative game scripts though they have improved in pass blocking metrics.

And we are not even talking about the transition to a rookie QB at some point this season or next.

Edited by Newtown
2 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

Bills and Chiefs seem pretty competent to me - why do these two 4-1 contenders want him there ?  The very teams left that want him contradict what you just said.  

According to "reports" likely floated by his agent.  I do not accept them as gospel.

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

This is Le'Veon Bell we are talking about.  His decion making can be, at times, somewhat impenetrable.

How many posts do you have in this thread? I would love to know why you hate Bell so much. There's players I think suck, but I don't really spend a ton of time posting in their thread saying they suck because I just don't care enough to do it. Not meant to be an endorsement of Bell, just curiosity

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

How is Singletary just as good as CEH? He has 125 less rushing yards, a lower ypc (3.8 to 4.2), and less receptions. lol

You do realize the Chiefs have the best passing attack (BY FAR) in the NFL, right? That opens the run game up tremendously. I’ve watched both Singletary and CEH closely and it’s about as even as it gets. Mindlessly spouting off surface stats without considering the other variables at play means nothing. Chiefs also have Fisher (pro bowler), Schwartz (best RT in football), and Osemele (all pro) who was mauling people this season before injury last week 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I think the people criticizing him for wanting to maximize his earnings probably work at their place of employment because it pays better than other options. Now if all else is roughly equal, y'all will work for the best environment, but if one company is offering you SIGNIFICANTLY more than any other, 99% of you would take it.

I am not criticizing Bell for trying to maximize his career earnings.  It is a rational approach to take.  I am trying to explain what appears to be his main motivator so we can predict where he will end up.

1 minute ago, Newtown said:

Miami is paying Breida and Howard over 9 million combined in 2020. And they are starting a late round 2nd year RB. Is this the team you are trying to get a long term deal from? One that commits money to the RB position and not plays them?

The Dolphins are not an efficient run blocking team and are often in negative game scripts though they have improved in pass blocking metrics.

They're also not a SB contender. If Bell chooses them over the Chiefs and to a lesser extent the Bills, well I think it speaks volumes to his decision making. 

Go get that ring man. KC or bust. 

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

He’s sour again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Newtown said:

As a RB, yes I would like to go to the team that commits money to the RB position. Especially as a RB who took a deal with the Jets so he could get paid well. Also as a RB looking to get touches... they’ve given 61 touches in the last 3 games to their late round 2nd year RB. 

Bell can walk in and get 20 touches a game, and live in Miami.

I’m not counting out Buffalo or Kansas City yet, but Miami makes a lot of sense for Bell in terms of money and opportunity.  

8 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

You do realize the Chiefs have the best passing attack (BY FAR) in the NFL, right? That opens the run game up tremendously. I’ve watched both Singletary and CEH closely and it’s about as even as it gets. Mindlessly spouting off surface stats without considering the other variables at play means nothing. Chiefs also have Fisher (pro bowler), Schwartz (best RT in football), and Osemele (all pro) who was mauling people this season before injury last week 

I'm not mindlessly just throwing out stats. CEH has a burst blast and Singletary doesn't. That's all there is to it. If Reid wants Bell it's only because that first game where CEH couldn't punch the ball in at the goal line. Which being his first game is beyond absurd. Regardless, Bell's and CEH's fantasy value would be wrecked in KC. Hopefully for fantasy owners he goes to Miami or Buffalo where he will be the clear starter. Buffalo lost that game to Tennessee because they simply couldn't run the ball, and that was against a pretty low ranked rushing defense too.

Edited by TennisDude
Just now, screaming_vultures said:

Any guesses when he signs ? Today, next week ? next month? next year ? 

Jeremy Fowler says today. He already cut down the list to from 5 to 3 as well

4 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

If I already had enough money for multiple lifetimes, I surely would consider take a job that offered other non monetary benefits. Say...If your lifelong ambition was to release a fantasy football app and you have already made millions at Google, I can see you quitting that job, gathering all your stock options, and build yourself a kick butt fantasy football app. You only live once and you cant take the millions with you...Bell has made millions...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

I'm not mindlessly just throwing out stats. CEH has a burst blast and Singletary doesn't. That's all there is to it. If Reid wants Bell it's only because that first game where CEH couldn't punch the ball in at the goal line. Which being his first game is beyond absurd. Regardless, Bell's and CEH's value would be wrecked in KC. Hopefully for fantasy owners he goes to Miami or Buffalo where he will be the clear starter. Buffalo lost that game to Tennessee because they simply couldn't run the ball, and that was against a pretty low ranked rushing defense too.

You haven’t been watching the Chiefs games closely enough. It’s more than the first game, CEH has been getting manhandled in short yardage every game. Him and Singletary profile very closely to one another. 

Chiefs make much more sense 

• Haha 1

Bills head coach Sean McDermott confirmed Thursday that the team has "looked into" signing free agent RB Le'Veon Bell. 

Bell seems particularly interested in teams slated to play the Jets in the coming weeks. Buffalo will face off against New York in Week 7. Bell signing with the Bills would throw Devin Singletary's workload -- which has been hefty with rookie RB Zack Moss (toe) out -- into some question. Bell is expected to sign with a new team today at the earliest.