NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Home...Long term deal...weather...no state income tax...

Exactly!

I would love the Pats to get him too (Oats fan). Bill is on a mission for his legacy so he will make a run but will not promise him guaranteed top dog role. That’s where we lose him. We’ll see?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TuckAndRolle said:

I'm guessing many people are reading this as Bell wanting to sign with an AFC East team as revenge. 

But I also want to point out that if the interest truly is mutual, the AFC East teams probably know Bell the best from seeing him and game planning for him twice a year. Might be a good sign that he still has something left in the tank (assuming it's not just his agent spreading rumors). 

I think it’s a matter of economics and upside more than verification Bell is still elite.  

I think that Bell signs with an AFC East team:  Miami, Buffalo or New England.  No doubt that he wants revenge on the Jets and If he wants to sign with a team with a chance at the title, he'll sign with Buffalo.  If he doesn't care then it will be Miami or New England.  I don't think Bell will sign with KC.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

People keep talking about character issues, but where is this coming from? Him wanting to get paid? Not liking playing for Adam Gase? The first is ridiculously overblown, as that's what every NFL player wants (and all of us in our jobs as well). Dude used the only leverage he had according to the rules the teams in the NFL themselves set up. The NFL sets the groundwork, a player follows the layout, and the player is somehow at fault? Nah. 

Him not getting along with Gase? Okay, maybe I'll give you that one. But we all know Gase is amazingly incompetent, so I'll also give him a pass on that. He's had a few teammates speak out on his behalf, so I think he isn't the malcontent many are trying to portray him as.

I agree with you. I could understand not signing someone like Atonio Brown, but because you have an issue with a coach shouldn't tag you as a troubled player. Bell does have an ego, but you should expect that from anyone who competing in sports. The Bears owners (McMcCaskey's) have always been wary about signing anyone who has voiced their opinion. Someone needs to tell them this is 2020 and not 1920. They are going to miss out on a lot of good players. 

31 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Home...Long term deal...weather...no state income tax...

Wondering about this, while irrelevant to his decision, if the Jets are paying his salary - is he taxed on NY state or by wherever he lives/plays, even if not on the Jets?   I know the new team would determine his vet min or whatever.

48 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

People keep talking about character issues, but where is this coming from? Him wanting to get paid? Not liking playing for Adam Gase? The first is ridiculously overblown, as that's what every NFL player wants (and all of us in our jobs as well). Dude used the only leverage he had according to the rules the teams in the NFL themselves set up. The NFL sets the groundwork, a player follows the layout, and the player is somehow at fault? Nah. 

Him not getting along with Gase? Okay, maybe I'll give you that one. But we all know Gase is amazingly incompetent, so I'll also give him a pass on that. He's had a few teammates speak out on his behalf, so I think he isn't the malcontent many are trying to portray him as.

People seem to group everyone together when there's a holdout or something.  His situation wasn't him being a malcontent - it was security/money based.   Look at Dak's situation or Earl Thomas a few years ago.   That's why these guys holdout.   But he wasn't a drama magnet like AB. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I think that Bell signs with an AFC East team:  Miami, Buffalo or New England.  No doubt that he wants revenge on the Jets and If he wants to sign with a team with a chance at the title, he'll sign with Buffalo.  If he doesn't care then it will be Miami or New England.  I don't think Bell will sign with KC.

Lol New England has more of a chance to win a title than BUF. They begin strong, then suck.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I think it’s a matter of economics and upside more than verification Bell is still elite.  

Agreed, I don't think anyone thinks Bell is still elite. But I do think it's telling that the rest of the AFC East are all interested in Bell since they presumably have a little more insight than other teams. A small point in the "Gase is terrible" direction versus the "Bell is washed" direction

I can't help but think the 2 best options are New England or Buffalo. Both give him a chance to compete and the potential for plenty of touches. Chiefs won't kick their first rounder aside for Le'Veon. Dolphins are not competing yet. 

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

Sign for this season in KC or Buffalo to go for a championship, and then sign on term with Miami in the offseason. 

I think he's most likely to sign with Buffalo or New England.

9 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

I can't help but think the 2 best options are New England or Buffalo. Both give him a chance to compete and the potential for plenty of touches. Chiefs won't kick their first rounder aside for Le'Veon. Dolphins are not competing yet. 

Dolphins will be 3-3 after this week and just smashed the defending NFC champions in San Fran with Jimmy G and Kittle on the field. They are a LOT better than people think.

I don’t know where this Gaskin “was a 2nd rounder” is coming from; he was a 7th rounder. That said, he has looked better than Breida and Howard, who was a healthy scratch last week. If they are realizing they made a mistake with Howard, they are in the drivers seat.

And the “win a Super Bowl” is what every free agent has to say, I don’t believe it’s that important. That said, MIA and BUF played a very close game, MIA is +23 in point diff and BUF -3, and this division can still go any of the three...

Edited by Keithjackson
3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Dolphins will be 3-3 after this week and just smashed the defending NFC champions in San Fran with Jimmy G and Kittle on the field. They are a LOT better than people think.

I am not saying they are not good. I think they are a solid football team, but they are still probably just third best in their own division behind the other 2 teams mentioned. Yes, they crushed SF, but their only other win so far is Jacksonville.