• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bounce said:

Wondering about this, while irrelevant to his decision, if the Jets are paying his salary - is he taxed on NY state or by wherever he lives/plays, even if not on the Jets?   I know the new team would determine his vet min or whatever.

Jets salary irrelevant! I am speaking of Miami contract but not sure of Jet salary

As a Mahomes owner, I’m liking that he has a weak overhyped RB in CEH that causes him to throw more at to goal line. From a real life perspective, Bell would make the Chiefs a better team. But I want no part of him in KC.

Dolphins makes sense for him. He would easily displace Gaskin. Plus it’s Miami and what young stud doesn’t want to get his groove on in South Florida?

Buffalo is less appealing because of the TD vulture in Allen. 

1 hour ago, nosh0t said:

Correct 5 day minimum quarantine before joining a new team.   To be clear this isn't a protocal for COVID but rather that all the Adam Gase is gone. 

PTGD (Post Traumatic Gase Disorder) is sadly on of the scariest symptoms. We are currently seeing Drake struggle with it. Symptoms include a strong desire to suck and a strong craving for cocaine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, CooL said:

As a Mahomes owner, I’m liking that he has a weak overhyped RB in CEH that causes him to throw more at to goal line. From a real life perspective, Bell would make the Chiefs a better team. But I want no part of him in KC.

Dolphins makes sense for him. He would easily displace Gaskin. Plus it’s Miami and what young stud doesn’t want to get his groove on in South Florida?

The only knock on Buffalo is having to live in Buffalo

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, CooL said:

As a Mahomes owner, I’m liking that he has a weak overhyped RB in CEH that causes him to throw more at to goal line. From a real life perspective, Bell would make the Chiefs a better team. But I want no part of him in KC.

We all know CEH has 1 TD . You have any idea how many G2G situations he did run the ball? 

The Chiefs were just a way to fan the flames of interest and create a bidding war. Bell had a boy on that team and Bell played this perfectly. Following each other on Instagram? Come on, what are they? High school kids? He was never going to KC but the rumored connection raised the sense of urgency. Lol.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The Chiefs were just a way to fan the flames of interest and create a bidding war. Bell had a boy on that team and Bell played this perfectly. Following each other on Instagram? Come on, what are they? High school kids? He was never going to KC but the rumored connection raised the sense of urgency. Lol.

Yeah it is looking like a smart publicity move to get all the other teams to scramble with their offers. I feel like if he wanted to go to KC he would have locked it in by now, and the primary reason he hasn't is likely because he wants to be the #1 de facto featured, starting back, and I doubt the Chiefs were willing to give him that 100% assurance.

Edited by harck
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, mjb said:

Chiefs thought they were a lock last night to sign Bell. But, here we are...

Yup, Mike Garafolo talked about that on NFL Network:

A lot of sources have started to report that Miami is really going hard for bell with some sources even reporting they are negotiating a contract with Bell.

(Translation: “Miami Dolphins are negotiating contract with free agent running back Le’Veon Bell”)

• Thanks 1

There's also the possibility some of these teams are desperate enough to sign him on a 2-3+ year deal. I imagine most teams want him on a 1 year, but for teams that really really want him to sign, that's going to be a swing offer.

3 minutes ago, harck said:

There's also the possibility some of these teams are desperate enough to sign him on a 2-3+ year deal. I imagine most teams want him on a 1 year, but for teams that really really want him to sign, that's going to be a swing offer.

@harck see below:

3 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I think we are ignoring a possibly very important aspect of this saga. 

He is 28 years old, and turns 29 in February. This could be his last chance for a multi year lucrative deal. 

What if the Dolphins who have 15.9m in effective cap space right now, and almost 28m in cap space projected for next year offer him a longer term deal, instead of the vet minimum that many automatically assume he is going to take?

The Bills and the Chiefs cannot offer him that, both are projected to be well over the cap next year at -4.6m and -22.1m respectively. 

The narrative seems to be he wants a prove it deal on a good team to show what he can do... and then test the free agency waters as a 29 year old RB? What kind of agent would let a runningback in today’s NFL do that without screaming no at him?

I definitely could see MIA offering him a multi year deal, and Bell finishing his career where he lives in the offseason. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, harck said:

If they were that desperate to have him why wouldn’t they made an offer to the Jets?