Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Sounds like he’s just using Miami as leverage to get KC to up the bag a little more. 

If so, it won't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that Buffalo is a great football town, with great fans, and their team is on the rise.

All that being said, I've maintained since this saga started there was no way Bell would ever choose to go to Buffalo barring some sort of nevergonnahappen type deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO at all these people saying the Dolphins‘ organization is garbage. Better hop in that DeLorean and come back to the future in 2020. Sure they were trash for a couple decades there, but this is a different team and organization now. Lots of young developing talent, plenty more cap space and draft capital to play with, and one of the top young coaches in the league (as shown from what he accomplished in the second half of last year with a very limited roster). If you don’t think this is a team heading in the right direction, you haven’t been paying attention.

All that said, that’s exactly why I’d be surprised if they signed Bell to anything more than the veteran’s minimum. They’ve been very patient and committed to their rebuild, and throwing a lot of money at him would seem to fly in the face of what has so far been a solid plan. We’ll see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jnormy said:

LMAO at all these people saying the Dolphins‘ organization is garbage. Better hop in that DeLorean and come back to the future in 2020. 

 

People are more than entitled to call the Dolphins trash because they have, in fact, been trash for a long time. So until they are not trash; that's where we are. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jnormy said:

LMAO at all these people saying the Dolphins‘ organization is garbage. Better hop in that DeLorean and come back to the future in 2020. Sure they were trash for a couple decades there, but this is a different team and organization now. Lots of young developing talent, plenty more cap space and draft capital to play with, and one of the top young coaches in the league (as shown from what he accomplished in the second half of last year with a very limited roster). If you don’t think this is a team heading in the right direction, you haven’t been paying attention.

All that said, that’s exactly why I’d be surprised if they signed Bell to anything more than the veteran’s minimum. They’ve been very patient and committed to their rebuild, and throwing a lot of money at him would seem to fly in the face of what has so far been a solid plan. We’ll see.

1-3. Ironically they had their last winning season, in the past 12 years, in 2016 under Gase.

Edited by FitzMagic
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

 

 

Dolphins offering something KC cannot. 

KC is estimated to be over the cap by 22m next year, so at best they can give him a one year close to vet minimum deal. He would then test FA market again as a 29 year old RB. 

MIA offering multi year deal with higher salary. (Important to note MIA just made Jordan Howard a healthy inactive this weekend in their 43-17 win against SF and that Bell and Howard have the same agent, so they could sign Bell and release Howard in the same phone call.)

 

Guess we will find out whether Bell wants to chase a ring then test FA again in 2021 alongside other RBs like Gurley, Drake, Fournette, Aaron Jones (bet he stays in GB) and Phillip Lindsay. 

Edited by next big thing cp84
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

 

Dolphins offering something KC cannot. 

KC is estimated to be over the cap by 22m next year, so at best they can give him a one year close to vet minimum deal. He would then test FA market again as a 29 year old RB. 

MIA offering multi year deal with higher salary. (Important to note MIA just made Jordan Howard a healthy inactive this weekend in their 43-17 win against SF and that Bell and Howard have the same agent, so they could sign Bell and release Howard in the same phone call.)

 

Guess we will find out whether Bell wants to chase a ring then test FA again in 2021 alongside other RBs like Gurley, Drake, Fournette, Aaron Jones (bet he stays in GB) and Phillip Lindsay. 

 

I do think Miami is his best spot for fantasy value. Gaskin will become a part-time player, Williams, Parker, and Gesicki all average a pretty decent fantasy score right now. And Miami is showing to use their RB's in the passing game.

You owners should be praying for Miami. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

 

Dolphins offering something KC cannot. 

KC is estimated to be over the cap by 22m next year, so at best they can give him a one year close to vet minimum deal. He would then test FA market again as a 29 year old RB. 

MIA offering multi year deal with higher salary. (Important to note MIA just made Jordan Howard a healthy inactive this weekend in their 43-17 win against SF and that Bell and Howard have the same agent, so they could sign Bell and release Howard in the same phone call.)

 

Guess we will find out whether Bell wants to chase a ring then test FA again in 2021 alongside other RBs like Gurley, Drake, Fournette, Aaron Jones (bet he stays in GB) and Phillip Lindsay. 

 

Don't let Bell fool you- he doesn't care about chasing a ring and only wants money.  If he cared, he would not have sat out 2018 for a team that was a contender that offered him 14 mil to play under the tag.  A player that has a real desire to "win", does not do that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

 

Dolphins offering something KC cannot. 

KC is estimated to be over the cap by 22m next year, so at best they can give him a one year close to vet minimum deal. He would then test FA market again as a 29 year old RB. 

MIA offering multi year deal with higher salary. (Important to note MIA just made Jordan Howard a healthy inactive this weekend in their 43-17 win against SF and that Bell and Howard have the same agent, so they could sign Bell and release Howard in the same phone call.)

 

Guess we will find out whether Bell wants to chase a ring then test FA again in 2021 alongside other RBs like Gurley, Drake, Fournette, Aaron Jones (bet he stays in GB) and Phillip Lindsay. 

yup. it's looking like dolphins vs kc, the paycheck vs the ring. curious to see which way he goes.

the dolphins were trash. they are currently kind of trash. i will say they are trending up and away from trash, though. i like the coaching staff and I like Tua and they seem to have some sort of plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

I do think Miami is his best spot for fantasy value. Gaskin will become a part-time player, Williams, Parker, and Gesicki all average a pretty decent fantasy score right now. And Miami is showing to use their RB's in the passing game.

You owners should be praying for Miami. 

Considering they have given Myles Gaskin 61 touches in the last 3 games... yes, Miami is absolutely the best fantasy possibility for Le’Veon. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Seems silly that KC would do this, unless they feel CEH just isn't good?

Not true. Damien Williams would have been the starter had he not opted out. CEH was put in this position earlier than intended. I have no doubt he would have been used this year, but just not as much as he has been if Damien would have played this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yossarian said:

yup. it's looking like dolphins vs kc, the paycheck vs the ring. curious to see which way he goes.

the dolphins were trash. they are currently kind of trash. i will say they are trending up and away from trash, though. i like the coaching staff and I like Tua and they seem to have some sort of plan.

 

He definitely wants the lifestyle and money, and doesn't really care too much about winning IMO. If he cared, he never would've gone to that dysfunctional organization known as the Jets and stayed in Pitt for a bit less. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If so, it won't work.

I see people agree with what Ryansm11 said. Yet nobody agrees with your retort. You don’t think Bells agent can and will use leverage to get the most for his client and have it work. 👀😳🙈

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...