NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, mikepferrara said:

Everybody acting like Bell is the same elite RB he was 3-4 years ago. Not saying he still doesn’t have the talent but there’s a chance he’s just simply not at the level he once was. Garbage team or not, he hasn’t showed any signs of elite production since he’s played there. Time will tell if this dude still has it from all those years ago. I know David Johnson doesn’t, but Bell gets a pass playing on the Jets... It’ll be interesting to watch either way.

No way to tell how much was caused by the ID10T Gase virus until week 7.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

Welcome to the frustrating world of KC RB ownership.

It’s the Mahomes air show in KC and Andy now only runs it to fill in the spaces in between.  Bell now to split carries in an offense that already had crap RB production.

My question is.. with FA’s, you have to test negative for 5 days before you can enter your new teams facility.

Wasn’t he already being tested daily by the Jets? He’s not Devonta Freeman off the street. I don’t see why he can’t join them already.

Edited by Steve226
46 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

so anyone trade for him?

image.png.43eac34bbb0d69e6f9e8bd49cbc53a49.png

I did last week!! Yeeeaaahhhh booooyyyyyy!!

Seriously though, this is a MASSIVE upgrade for him... Premier pass catching back in that offense? 

If he has anything left the Chiefs will get it out of him. If not then he was cooked.

• Haha 2

Look what one posted in the CEH thread....comical!

Read this from a KC Chiefs forum. They know the team better than a bunch of guys on a fantasy football forum.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=cb5e3c409b824c33b39b0a4e9ffdaf07&t=334343

To summarize, they don’t think Bell will hurt CEH’s value much. CEH was already losing snaps to Williams and Thompson, Bell will basically take their snaps. They make it very clear that this is still CEH’s backfield. He probably won’t fit into CEH’s workload much. The one place where he may lose carries is at the goal line, but he wasn’t scoring from there anyways.

I trust what they say. They are very high on CEH. You don’t draft a guy in the first round to throws the towel in on him after a few games. Most of them even say CEH is much better than Bell at pretty much everything. 

After reading their forum, I feel better. My guess is CEH’s workload is similar. He may lose out on some goal line scores to Bell, but he should still be a RB2. I’d be more frustrated as a Bell owner. You likely can’t start him until week 8 at the earliest. Even then, he likely takes over the Williams and Thompson roles. If I’m a bell owner, I think I’d prefer him as a workhorse on the Jets than second fiddle to CEH.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Read this from a KC Chiefs forum. They know the team better than a bunch of guys on a fantasy football forum.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=cb5e3c409b824c33b39b0a4e9ffdaf07&t=334343

To summarize, they don’t think Bell will hurt CEH’s value much. CEH was already losing snaps to Williams and Thompson, Bell will basically take their snaps. They make it very clear that this is still CEH’s backfield. He probably won’t fit into CEH’s workload much. The one place where he may lose carries is at the goal line, but he wasn’t scoring from there anyways.

I trust what they say. They are very high on CEH. You don’t draft a guy in the first round to throws the towel in on him after a few games. Most of them even say CEH is much better than Bell at pretty much everything. 

After reading their forum, I feel better. My guess is CEH’s workload is similar. He may lose out on some goal line scores to Bell, but he should still be a RB2. I’d be more frustrated as a Bell owner. You likely can’t start him until week 8 at the earliest. Even then, he likely takes over the Williams and Thompson roles. If I’m a bell owner, I think I’d prefer him as a workhorse on the Jets than second fiddle to CEH.

So you, a CEH fan are coming into the Bell thread to spout this? I'm glad it's making you feel better cause there's a lot to be worried about after today. This situation is far from settled but all the tea leaves point to Bell being given the chance for a large role. I have no dog in the fight but it's a slow news day and watching CEH stans hope their way out of a paper bag of emotions has been entertaining to say the least

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

yeah but you don't have to throw in the towel on a guy to completely tank his fantasy value.  what is more likely here is Reid saw an opportunity add to his team in an area that he thought he needed help.  and credit to Reid and the FO for not being too stubborn  to go get the help

• Like 1

Picked up bell after a disgruntled owner dropped him when he got hurt.  I can let him sit on my bench behind henry, connor, and j rob and gain value.  Hope the old leveon comes out to play!

57 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

High level view, CEH is the future and he will have a great mentor in Bell.

For 2020, I think Bell and CEH split carries.

In addition, Bell will have the impact carries (redzone, goaline, 2 min) along with 3rd down and pass downs due to his superior pass block and route running.

Bell = RB2 with some RB1 weeks due to KC averaging 28-35 points per week

CEH = RB3/Flex

No matter how you view it, CEH's ADP no way justifies this scenario today.  Huge loss to CEH owners.

I see it the other way around. Bell won’t surpass CEH. It is still Clyde’s backfield. They are heavily invested in him, whereas Bell is on a one year deal. My guess is CEH keeps his workload and Bell takes over the 30-40% of snaps that Williams and Thompson had. Biggest difference will be Bell taking the goal line carries from CEH.

8 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Does anyone think he outscores CEH ROS?

nope. 

For one, Bell probably doesn’t play until week 8 at the earliest, and will take him a while to acclimate to the offense. I think the earliest he can practice next week is Thursday.

Edited by LionKid90
3 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

i think his decision on signing with kc had a bit to do with a promise of being the lead back at the start. 

Guessing they at least gave him a shot to compete for the lead w that one year deal. If not, I think he'd compile more stats in Miami. 

Just now, Mr Rourke said:

Guessing they at least gave him a shot to compete for the lead w that one year deal. If not, I think he'd compile more stats in Miami. 

he probably wants to win a ship above all else, but piling up numbers was important as well for the next contract. both would play a role in getting a fat contract.

30 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Bell didnt go to the Chiefs to play second fiddle. ESPECIALLY on a CONTRACT YEAR. 

Everyone keeps saying this. He went to KC to win a SB. If he wanted to put up numbers he would have went to Miami. From my understanding, he is sacrificing playing time to win.

10 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Does anyone think he outscores CEH ROS?

Does anybody really think they know? I shook the Magic 8- Ball .. my answers 

Reply hazy, try again.
 Ask again later.
 Better not tell you now.
 Cannot predict now.
 Concentrate and ask again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1