3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Does anybody really think they know? I shook the Magic 8- Ball .. my answers 

Reply hazy, try again.
 Ask again later.
 Better not tell you now.
 Cannot predict now.
 Concentrate and ask again.

Exactly Shake!

If he’s got some vintage Lev Bell left in the tank-  hes going to be a major part of the offense and a major thorn in CEH side.    But there’s no way to know yet.   Give Bell 10-15 touches the first game and see how she goes. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

High level view, CEH is the future and he will have a great mentor in Bell.

For 2020, I think Bell and CEH split carries.

In addition, Bell will have the impact carries (redzone, goaline, 2 min) along with 3rd down and pass downs due to his superior pass block and route running.

Bell = RB2 with some RB1 weeks due to KC averaging 28-35 points per week

CEH = RB3/Flex

No matter how you view it, CEH's ADP no way justifies this scenario today.  Huge loss to CEH owners.

^This right here. Andy Reid is a smart coach. He knows CEH is the future. Bell will get the bulk of the work because why not. Bell has something to prove and there's no better place to flex for his next long term contract than with the previous super bowl champs. It still benefits CEH because he'll get to watch and learn from a certified vet. Its literally a win all around, unless you're a CEH fantasy owner.

• Haha 1

You Will get maximum potentialout of bell in that offense... Question is, what is that at this point? 

A revival would be great but if someone is caught up in massive hype I'd sell him in a heartbeat if I'm getting legitimate value in return.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

just a bunch of clueless homers who don't really know anything...kind of like us, but there's much less team bias here. 

I would say much more bias here. Bell owners are biased towards bell. Likewise for CEH owners. There is no bias from them, both Bell and CEH play for their team.

9 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Does anyone think he outscores CEH ROS?

Yep, but I think it’s because of TD’s, not workload. CEH might get a little more work overall, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bell end up with 3-4 more TD’s than CEH

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

I would say much more bias here. Bell owners are biased towards bell. Likewise for CEH owners. There is no bias from them, both Bell and CEH play for their team.

they're just fans so it's just speculation, so they can't speak so matter of fact on the topic. with that said, bell made a conscious decision to sign with the chiefs for a reason...and playing time likely had something to do with it. once again, it's speculation...but there would no reason for the chiefs to make a big signing like this and then make him play second fiddle to a rookie...at best it will be a 50.50 time share for ceh. 

3 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I don’t see any difference between forums. A bunch of people expressing opinions 

2 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Theres plenty of homers on plenty of teams that don’t know much about the actual game or the nuance of it. I couldn’t care less about insight from a teams message board.

CEH has been asked to pass block 8 times this season. Not 8 times a game, 8 times total.

Bell will immediately assume the majority of the passing down work & most likely the goal line work if for no other reason than his size. Even if CEH gets more carries - which very much remains to be seen - I fully expect Bell to be utilized out of the slot as well and easily outpace CEH in fantasy production.

CEH will certainly have a role this season, but for fantasy purposes it’s going to be pretty far removed from the rb1 he was drafted to be in August.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, PrestigeWW said:

Theres plenty of homers on plenty of teams that don’t know much about the actual game or the nuance of it. I couldn’t care less about insight from a teams message board.

CEH has been asked to pass block 8 times this season. Not 8 times a game, 8 times total.

Bell will immediately assume the majority of the passing down work & most likely the goal line work if for no other reason than his size. Even if CEH gets more carries - which very much remains to be seen - I fully expect Bell to be utilized out of the slot as well and easily outpace CEH in fantasy production.

CEH will certainly have a role this season, but for fantasy purposes it’s going to be pretty far removed from the rb1 he was drafted to be in August.

I would agree with this. I think they primarily brought in Bell for two reasons. Pass block and short yardage. 

However I don’t think it’s a given Bell is the goal line back all of a sudden. I personally think they interchange down there. Andy Reid isn’t going to give up on his first round pick that easy. 

I think a fair guess is Bell is the passing downs back, some goal line, and will maybe take some early downs give CEH a rest.

What nobody is talking about in here is the amount of time it will take for Bell to be startable in fantasy. He can’t play this week. I think the earliest he can practice is Wednesday or Thursday of next week, making him very iffy for week 7. Even if he plays week 7, I doubt he is up to speed on the playbook for fantasy owners to start him. He has a bye week 10. So you are basically going to be without Bell for three of the next five weeks. Not to mention you’ve already been without him because of the injuries. Now if you are on a team that is 4-1, of course hold. But he isn’t going to win you many games anytime soon.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

I would agree with this. I think they primarily brought in Bell for two reasons. Pass block and short yardage. 

However I don’t think it’s a given Bell is the goal line back all of a sudden. I personally think they interchange down there. Andy Reid isn’t going to give up on his first round pick that easy. 

I think a fair guess is Bell is the passing downs back, some goal line, and will maybe take some early downs give CEH a rest.

What nobody is talking about in here is the amount of time it will take for Bell to be startable in fantasy. He can’t play this week. I think the earliest he can practice is Wednesday or Thursday of next week, making him very iffy for week 7. Even if he plays week 7, I doubt he is up to speed on the playbook for fantasy owners to start him. He has a bye week 10. So you are basically going to be without Bell for three of the next five weeks. Not to mention you’ve already been without him because of the injuries. Now if you are on a team that is 4-1, of course hold. But he isn’t going to win you many games anytime soon.

This is a good point.  I have Bell in one league and I certainly want to let him sit on my bench for at least week 7, maybe even week 8 depending on what happens week 7.

Fournette had a huge game in week 2 but I doubt most people actually started him.

14 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Agree to disagree I suppose. They may pare down the playbook for him a bit, but he’ll see plenty of usage week 7 vs Denver. Fully ready to roll against the Jets week 8 and so on.

9 minutes ago, PrestigeWW said:

Agree to disagree I suppose. They may pare down the playbook for him a bit, but he’ll see plenty of usage week 7 vs Denver. Fully ready to roll against the Jets week 8 and so on.

You also raise a great point.  I didn't even look at KC's schedule.  Bell will definitely play a lot against the Jets.  REVENGE GAME!

Edited by ZappB
1 hour ago, TroutFister said:

just a bunch of clueless homers who don't really know anything...kind of like us, but there's much less team bias here. 

Clueless homers, most of whom have watched every snap the Chiefs have played this year and possibly every snap of Andy Reid’s tenure with the Chiefs.  To say there is less knowledge there than there is here seems silly.  

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Anyone thinking about trading for him?  If so, what do you think would be a fair value?

his value is sky high right now....he is untouchable IMO....not worth it especialy if he fails to meet expectations...we dont know how this backfield will truly be split up espite it likely being a 70/30% split.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Power-O said:

his value is sky high right now....he is untouchable IMO....not worth it especialy if he fails to meet expectations...we dont know how this backfield will truly be split up espite it likely being a 70/30% split.

Agree.  I’m actually looking to trade him high  to folks that are convinced he is an automatic RB1. IMO  He will never be worth more than what they have built him up to in the past 4 hours.  

• Like 5

You guys must have short memories. This screams Williams and McCoy from last year. Both will have some good weeks some bad weeks. You’ll never be able to predict which week is the one. Nightmare scenario for both players. And I have both CEH and bell and shopping both to see what I can get. Don’t want any part of this.

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

You guys must have short memories. This screams Williams and McCoy from last year. Both will have some good weeks some bad weeks. You’ll never be able to predict which week is the one. Nightmare scenario for both players. And I have both CEH and bell and shopping both to see what I can get. Don’t want any part of this.

I don't disagree with you BUT. 

Le'Veon is in his final hurrah of his career, Lesean was 32 and didn't have much in the tank left. Plus Le'Veon now, imo, is better than williams ever has been. Williams got a good rep off 8 good games. Bell has multiple season as elite. I think both Bell and CEH will be usable here

• Like 2