Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BigBlueMachine said:


Agree.  I’m actually looking to trade him high  to folks that are convinced he is an automatic RB1. IMO  He will never be worth more than what they have built him up to in the past 4 hours.  

Sure if you can get Kamara, Zeke, Henry, Aaron Jones, CMC, Dalvin Cook, Miles Sanders, Kareem Hunt (while chubb is injured)... But let's be realistic here. You'd be lucky to get Conner, Jacobs, Mixon, Jrob... You are more likely to get none of the above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

Just now, Thrill22 said:

I don't disagree with you BUT. 

Le'Veon is in his final hurrah of his career, Lesean was 32 and didn't have much in the tank left. Plus Le'Veon now, imo, is better than williams ever has been. Williams got a good rep off 8 good games. Bell has multiple season as elite. I think both Bell and CEH will be usable here

Usable as flex guys yes. That’s not exactly something to be thrilled about. Bell would have been way better off on the dolphins and CEH would have been better off on his own for fantasy football purposes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Usable as flex guys yes. That’s not exactly something to be thrilled about. Bell would have been way better off on the dolphins and CEH would have been better off on his own for fantasy football purposes.

Flex that can have a blow up week and be an RB1. Lots of scoring to go around

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Usable as flex guys yes. That’s not exactly something to be thrilled about. Bell would have been way better off on the dolphins and CEH would have been better off on his own for fantasy football purposes.

Don't ever disrespect Lev the Juice Man like that. Make no mistake, this is his backfield. The All-Pro RB will have the one-game wonder CEH carrying his Kool Aid jug for him on the sidelines

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chazno said:

Clueless homers, most of whom have watched every snap the Chiefs have played this year and possibly every snap of Andy Reid’s tenure with the Chiefs.  To say there is less knowledge there than there is here seems silly.  

 

Have they watched every snap of Lev Bell at the Jets to declare with certainty CEH is better? Every fanbase over values their own players, and I bet you half the guys on that forum own CEH and draft a chiefs stack year after year.

CEH is a rookie with 5 games under his belt. Le'veon Bell is one of the greatest RB talents of the decade and he's still 28 on fresh legs for the year (and he held out an entire year).

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Honest question - when was the last time Bell was an elite running back? And how old is he?

Honest reply: Bell is 28, and a young 28 at that. He only has 1800 career touches. He had a whole year off. RB fall off doesn't occur until 2400 or so touches. CEH is not a bell cow, he's just a guy. Leveon Bell is a HOF level running back being ridiculously disrespected. Think Randy Moss leaving the Raiders and going to the Patriots. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My suggestion to Patrick Mahomes would be to stick to quarterbacking and being part-owner of the Kansas City Royals.  Mahomes is not ready to be an NFL GM-he is lousy at picking running backs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My suggestion to Patrick Mahomes would be to stick to quarterbacking and being part-owner of the Kansas City Royals.  Mahomes is not ready to be an NFL GM-he is lousy at picking running backs.


So salty it’s laughable 😂🤣😘

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

It's all about how you present the answer.

He was last elite, just 18 games ago.


And it’s not like he was bad last year - 1250 yards from scrimmage on a dog-**** team who trotted out Luke Falk & Trevor Siemian for a quarter of the season at quarterback .

Edited by PrestigeWW
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My suggestion to Patrick Mahomes would be to stick to quarterbacking and being part-owner of the Kansas City Royals.  Mahomes is not ready to be an NFL GM-he is lousy at picking running backs.

I think CEH is going to be a very good player for a long time.

But Dobbins was the pick.  He was the best RB prospect since Saquan (not that he was up to that level) and would've absolutely destroyed the league in KC.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thrill22 said:

I don't disagree with you BUT. 

Le'Veon is in his final hurrah of his career, Lesean was 32 and didn't have much in the tank left. Plus Le'Veon now, imo, is better than williams ever has been. Williams got a good rep off 8 good games. Bell has multiple season as elite. I think both Bell and CEH will be usable here

Better? Maybe but between Williams Bell and CEH, Williams was the only guy capable of taking long runs to the house.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Better? Maybe but between Williams Bell and CEH, Williams was the only guy capable of taking long runs to the house.

You must be a young guy to think that way. Good thing Williams opted not to play this season, otherwise he'd make a long run to the house with the KC backfield job

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, harck said:

 

Have they watched every snap of Lev Bell at the Jets to declare with certainty CEH is better? Every fanbase over values their own players, and I bet you half the guys on that forum own CEH and draft a chiefs stack year after year.

CEH is a rookie with 5 games under his belt. Le'veon Bell is one of the greatest RB talents of the decade and he's still 28 on fresh legs for the year (and he held out an entire year).

CEH and Bell are both their players as of that thread being made.  As you say CEH has played 5 games, who do you think they have seen play more?  I've been on that forum for 16 years, I have 5 teams and a single Chief on one (Kelce).   That is until today. I have 4 shares of Bell.    I'll be looking to move him as his perceived value will never meet reality.  Bell was brought in because everyone behind CEH sucked.  He may take the majority of the backfield but the oline isn't good enough at run blocking to make Bell a consistent RB1, especially with Osemele out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thrill22 said:

You must be a young guy to think that way. Good thing Williams opted not to play this season, otherwise he'd make a long run to the house with the KC backfield job

 

Williams is easily the fastest RB among the 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

My suggestion to Patrick Mahomes would be to stick to quarterbacking and being part-owner of the Kansas City Royals.  Mahomes is not ready to be an NFL GM-he is lousy at picking running backs.

Lmao yeah you are the better evaluator of talent. You've been wrong from the beginning 

Quit while you are behind 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Sure if you can get Kamara, Zeke, Henry, Aaron Jones, CMC, Dalvin Cook, Miles Sanders, Kareem Hunt (while chubb is injured)... But let's be realistic here. You'd be lucky to get Conner, Jacobs, Mixon, Jrob... You are more likely to get none of the above.


No doubt I would trade him for all the above.  I didn’t say I could guarantee a trade, but I’d give it a shot and use some of the comments on this board as fodder :)

glta

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BigBlueMachine said:


No doubt I would trade him for all the above.  I didn’t say I could guarantee a trade, but I’d give it a shot and use some of the comments on this board as fodder :)

glta

Yep.  The key will be packaging him with a really attractive second piece.   A TE or Wr who’s playing well but you can part with.   Crowder + Bell for example.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone thinks that just because of the recent past the Chiefs offense is unstoppable and so CEH should have come in and destroyed, and now that he hasn't he was a bad pick.

It's simply ridiculous.

The Chiefs offensive line play has been absolutely horrid. There isn't a back in this league outside of maybe ol' stiff arm tank Henry that is doing more behind this line. In fact I think a lot of good backs would have done considerably worse than CEH. His size, balance, and movement have been an asset regardless of the stat lines.

Honestly a guy like Bell, who is patient and looks for his holes, is going to be a bad fit for this team THIS year. CEH has bounced off 1 and even 2 defenders multiple times this year and is met with a third instantly. There is NO hole to find, no matter what vision you have. 

The other issue has been Mahomes. I know, you just can't say a bad thing about him. I'm a HUGE fan. Was so happy we moved up to grab him (yep, I'm a Chiefs fan). But he has made a ton of mistakes I wrote about in the CEH thread. His short yardage passes have been pretty bad in multiple games, landing at guys' feet or well over their head. Again, he can drop a dime 70 yards away, but 6 yards out he's just flat out missing. The other issue is that I watch him look right at CEH open in space 6-10 yards up field and he moves to the next read to try and force something 20+. He has to work on this. 

As far as CEH, they aren't getting him the ball in space. Those types of dump offs he's is turning into first down gains. He's just not getting them. And they are running all these sweeps for Tyreek and others and they actually get out into space. Then they run CEH into holes that are non-existant. Again, NO RB is getting further. It's just the line play.

With that said, Bell might actually look better for one reason. They might actually get him out into space and throw him the ball. I don't know why Mahomes is seemingly passing it up so much for CEH. He has made some amazing catches this year and has been solid when thrown the ball. It just seems like he passes on it. Bell might come in with some respect on his past and Reid might plan some looks like that for him that CEH wasn't getting.

For fantasy purposes: Not happy as a CEH owner that Bell is coming, but recognize that this just isn't really a good situation for a RB this year because this line is a major barrier to production.

For being a Chiefs fan purposes: Happy to have the help, and I think Bell has some juice left. But I don't know that his style of play brings anything to the table CEH can't offer at this point, and honestly I think his patience might be a big liability with this line.

Bonus take: No one is giving up anything of value for Bell at this point. Everyone holding Bell is happy they might get some production out of him, but everyone also knows CEH looms. It really just makes both of their value take a hit and no one is going to sell CEH or Bell high now.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

Everyone thinks that just because of the recent past the Chiefs offense is unstoppable and so CEH should have come in and destroyed, and now that he hasn't he was a bad pick.

It's simply ridiculous.

The Chiefs offensive line play has been absolutely horrid. There isn't a back in this league outside of maybe ol' stiff arm tank Henry that is doing more behind this line. In fact I think a lot of good backs would have done considerably worse than CEH. His size, balance, and movement have been an asset regardless of the stat lines.

Honestly a guy like Bell, who is patient and looks for his holes, is going to be a bad fit for this team THIS year. CEH has bounced off 1 and even 2 defenders multiple times this year and is met with a third instantly. There is NO hole to find, no matter what vision you have. 

The other issue has been Mahomes. I know, you just can't say a bad thing about him. I'm a HUGE fan. Was so happy we moved up to grab him (yep, I'm a Chiefs fan). But he has made a ton of mistakes I wrote about in the CEH thread. His short yardage passes have been pretty bad in multiple games, landing at guys' feet or well over their head. Again, he can drop a dime 70 yards away, but 6 yards out he's just flat out missing. The other issue is that I watch him look right at CEH open in space 6-10 yards up field and he moves to the next read to try and force something 20+. He has to work on this. 

As far as CEH, they aren't getting him the ball in space. Those types of dump offs he's is turning into first down gains. He's just not getting them. And they are running all these sweeps for Tyreek and others and they actually get out into space. Then they run CEH into holes that are non-existant. Again, NO RB is getting further. It's just the line play.

With that said, Bell might actually look better for one reason. They might actually get him out into space and throw him the ball. I don't know why Mahomes is seemingly passing it up so much for CEH. He has made some amazing catches this year and has been solid when thrown the ball. It just seems like he passes on it. Bell might come in with some respect on his past and Reid might plan some looks like that for him that CEH wasn't getting.

For fantasy purposes: Not happy as a CEH owner that Bell is coming, but recognize that this just isn't really a good situation for a RB this year because this line is a major barrier to production.

For being a Chiefs fan purposes: Happy to have the help, and I think Bell has some juice left. But I don't know that his style of play brings anything to the table CEH can't offer at this point, and honestly I think his patience might be a big liability with this line.

Bonus take: No one is giving up anything of value for Bell at this point. Everyone holding Bell is happy they might get some production out of him, but everyone also knows CEH looms. It really just makes both of their value take a hit and no one is going to sell CEH or Bell high now.

Meh-  don’t agree with a lot of this.   CEH has been ok but he’s not big, powerful or fast.   Dude can juke 4 times in a phone booth without going 2 yards. NFL defenses aren’t going to fall for that.  And he has no mass or push to offer in short yardage.   Not a 3 down bellcow.   
 

Bell will certainly have value now.    A huge name traded to the best offense in football.   Escaping Gase has been just the tonic for ailing vets.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Meh-  don’t agree with a lot of this.   CEH has been ok but he’s not big, powerful or fast.   Dude can juke 4 times in a phone booth without going 2 yards. NFL defenses aren’t going to fall for that.  And he has no mass or push to offer in short yardage.   Not a 3 down bellcow.   
 

Bell will certainly have value now.    A huge name traded to the best offense in football.   Escaping Gase has been just the tonic for ailing vets.   

Bell and Helaire had the exact same 40 time, and Helaire weighs more than CMac. And other than those goal line stuffs in Game 1, Helaire's numbers are actually pretty nice 4.2ypc, and already 18 receptions. I think this move was more a 'how bad our 2nd and 3rd guys are' than a smack at Helaire honestly.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...