NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

Savatage79

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Meh-  don’t agree with a lot of this.   CEH has been ok but he’s not big, powerful or fast.   Dude can juke 4 times in a phone booth without going 2 yards. NFL defenses aren’t going to fall for that.  And he has no mass or push to offer in short yardage.   Not a 3 down bellcow.   

Bell will certainly have value now.    A huge name traded to the best offense in football.   Escaping Gase has been just the tonic for ailing vets.   

Being big and being a good RB aren't always hand in hand. CEH's center of gravity makes him very hard to tackle. I've watched him spin off two huge lineman only to be met by a third. You think any NFL RB is plowing straight through 3 d-linemen, and in the backfield at that? And as far as mass/push, that doesn't come from pure size/power alone. You have to have momentum. When he's trying to push a yard behind the line of scrimmage because he couldn't even get to his hole, he has no momentum. No RB, probably not even Henry is powering through a line like this. You can't blast your way through a hole when you can't even get to the hole or build up any speed before, period. This line is really bad, and I don't say that to try and hate on the Chiefs. Again, I'm a fan of the Chiefs first, fantasy football second. The Covid opt-outs along with sub-par play by those who remained on this line has just been a disaster.

Bell will have more value now, yes. As in more value than the almost zero value he held before. But the names I've seen thrown around him for a trade are ridiculous for the situation he's going into. They aren't giving up on their first round pick RB a whole 5 games into his career when he's really not done anything wrong and has been productive despite a horrible line. So at best, Bell is coming into a committee with the home-grown first round pick, 1/3 way into the season, into an offense and coach well known for his need for a player to know and understand the vast playbook inside and out, and a horrible line. Yes, he has more value to your bench than he had before. No one is going to give up any starting RB with some production for him though knowing these things. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Bell and Helaire had the exact same 40 time, and Helaire weighs more than CMac. And other than those goal line stuffs in Game 1, Helaire's numbers are actually pretty nice 4.2ypc, and already 18 receptions. I think this move was more a 'how bad our 2nd and 3rd guys are' than a smack at Helaire honestly.

Absolutely. And to add to that, with the way this line is playing, they are going to need the depth. And getting Bell on this contract is really hard to pass up. The Chiefs are finally benefitting from the star qb/championship appeal with veteran players. It's actually awesome to know my team picked up Bell on a contract like this. I just think the line kills any RB behind it this year.

7 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Bell and Helaire had the exact same 40 time, and Helaire weighs more than CMac. And other than those goal line stuffs in Game 1, Helaire's numbers are actually pretty nice 4.2ypc, and already 18 receptions. I think this move was more a 'how bad our 2nd and 3rd guys are' than a smack at Helaire honestly.

Fair.    Certainly not claiming CEH is a drop or a bust-  just that he may be better suited for a COP role for now.   Cherry-picking a comp based on one measurable doesn’t change anything.  

my money is on a 50/50 split with Bell getting more GL and carries...CEH more receptions.    It’s a better fit.   Was asking a lot of an undersized rookie to come in sans preseason and carry the offense.   Long term maybe he becomes like CMAC.    

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

Absolutely. And to add to that, with the way this line is playing, they are going to need the depth. And getting Bell on this contract is really hard to pass up. The Chiefs are finally benefitting from the star qb/championship appeal with veteran players. It's actually awesome to know my team picked up Bell on a contract like this. I just think the line kills any RB behind it this year.

Ya, I've watched 3 of the Chiefs games and this Oline only cares about protecting Maholmes. They are absolutely non-existent for the run. Everything CEH got he did himself. I'd rather have the Jets line for the run honestly. I don't think this is going to go as people think in here. But I guess we'll get to see together.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Ya, I've watched 3 of the Chiefs games and this Oline only cares about protecting Maholmes. They are absolutely non-existent for the run. Everything CEH got he did himself. I'd rather have the Jets line for the run honestly. I don't think this is going to go as people think in here. But I guess we'll get to see together.

I agree with a lot of this (minus the comment on the Jets line 🤣 with all due respect). The o-line does CEH no favors and if you watch all the goal line runs he supposedly should be scoring on, there is absolutely nowhere to go.  In addition, I think the o-line looks a little better stat-wise in passpro because Mahomes somehow dodges multiple sacks a game.  

maybe Bell will make some different reads, maybe not.  Maybe they will get him more screens with open space, maybe not.  But I don’t think Mahomes is magically going to start checking down more ... that’s not who he is so far.

glta

I believe there is at least one thing that we can all agree on. 10-12 touches in the KC offense is more valuable than however many he was receiving in NY. Reid is a better coach, Mahomes is a better QB. Offense all all around better.  His value has improved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadMaxMariota said:

The kind of players you get in return at this point won't have the same upside as Bell. 

1 for 1 no. But He’s a perfect player to send in a package. 2 For 1. His name value and being on the chiefs may get you a very good player in return. And if not so be it. I’m just saying to try and sell him. Doesn’t mean it will work. 

4 hours ago, yanksman said:

Lmao yeah you are the better evaluator of talent. You've been wrong from the beginning 

Quit while you are behind 

Well I told the boards that Bell would sit out all of 2018 and I was right.

I told the boards Bell would be a failure on the Jets and I was even more right than I thought I would be.

I told the boards the Jets would not be able to trade Bell and I was right.

I said Bell would not get signed by a competent team and I was wrong.

Now I am saying that Bell will be a failure in KC.  He has not yet taken a snap so we don't know how that one will turn out.

Maybe you should take off your Bell blinders and pay some attention to what I am saying.  I have been right far more than wrong with regards to this player.

• Like 4

Bell is going to be running around open in passing plays or have good matchups all the time. Hill Demands single coverage with Required over the top Deep safety help, Kelce will demand some sorta double coverage. Mahomes needs a spy on him.... i dunno it all depends who the defense fears the most...

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I told the boards Bell would be a failure on the Jets and I was even more right than I thought I would be.

Now I am saying that Bell will be a failure in KC.  He has not yet taken a snap so we don't know how that one will turn out.

Maybe you should take off your Bell blinders and pay some attention to what I am saying.  I have been right far more than wrong with regards to this player.

🦈 🦈 

now tell em who was right about Bells landing spot 👀 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The two in bold aren't hard to predict. We all knew he was going there for the money. Which team in their right mind would want to trade for this guy and inherit all sorts of salary nonsense. Of course he wasn't going to be traded.

It's not so much about Bell blinders - but the fact that peoples teams and seasons have been riddled this year, far more than most. Any shot at a legitimate threat to shake up the fantasy world is going to be hyped about. Especially when a player is joining the reigning superbowl champions, and currently has a mediocre rookie RB at the helm. CEH needs more time, and Kansas City wants some reassurance in the backfield. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Juke said:

The two in bold aren't hard to predict. We all knew he was going there for the money. Which team in their right mind would want to trade for this guy and inherit all sorts of salary nonsense. Of course he wasn't going to be traded.

I agree and yet many Bell supporters argued the opposite.  Prior to the 2019 season the consensus was that Bell was a late-first round pick.  I disagreed.

And when the Jets were trying to trade Bell on Tuesday, many on these boards believed Bell would be a hot commodity and an NFL team would surely trade for him.  I disagreed.

Now the Bell people think that since he has joined the Chiefs, he will be a league-winning RB1.  Again, I disagree.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now I am saying that Bell will be a failure in KC. 

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now the Bell people think that since he has joined the Chiefs, he will be a league-winning RB1.  Again, I disagree.

Which is it ? Because I really doubt he will be a failure, but high rb2/low rb1 is completely within the realm of the possible

On 10/13/2020 at 7:31 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Let me break this down for you:

If a player cannot cut it with the worst team in pro football because he plays poorly on the field and is a turd off the field, he does not get to then go to a better team and get another chance to show his skills.

So Jets > KC ?

19 minutes ago, egolam said:

Which is it ? Because I really doubt he will be a failure, but high rb2/low rb1 is completely within the realm of the possible

My prediction--

Very low floor, zero-ceiling flex/RB3 in full ppr.

1 hour ago, steakaficianado said:

So Jets > KC ?

Guess he never heard the story of 30 year old Randy Moss stinking it up in oakland for two years then going to the Patriots and setting the league on fire 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by dms80790
Added age

Most who have him on their team drafted him in the mid rounds as a player in a starting role on arguably the worst team in the league. Now he's probably going to get close to the same work as he was getting with the Jets only on the best team in the league. This is a big upgrade.

41 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Most who have him on their team drafted him in the mid rounds as a player in a starting role on arguably the worst team in the league. Now he's probably going to get close to the same work as he was getting with the Jets only on the best team in the league. This is a big upgrade.

wrong..... I drafted him in the mid rounds thinking there was a strong possibility that this elite back would be would be traded to a better team. Didn’t exactly know it would be the cheifs.