• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

LOL

Bell hasn’t exceeded 4 YPC since 2016. He’s not a stud anymore, but can do enough to destroy CEH’s ceiling.

Yea it helped having a hall of fame QB and hall of fame WR in his prime. Now he's got even more talent around him.  

Bell was always volume driven.  Even at 3.5 yards a carry he can crush.

The recency bias of Jets Le'Veon is out of control.

• Like 2

Imagine the past two weeks of Chase Edmonds production. Add a few carries, some work near the goal line... 

Those would be a low end RB1/high end RB2 numbers. I don’t see him getting the majority of the work, but the work he does get could be the high value RB touches in one of the best offenses in the league. If he makes the most of those touches, boom!

And who knows, maybe if everything goes right and he’s not totally washed and it was only Adam Gase holding him back, maybe he plays so well that the Chiefs abandon their first round pick and give Bell the majority of the carries. Stranger things have happened in 2020. 

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I agree and yet many Bell supporters argued the opposite.  Prior to the 2019 season the consensus was that Bell was a late-first round pick.  I disagreed.

And when the Jets were trying to trade Bell on Tuesday, many on these boards believed Bell would be a hot commodity and an NFL team would surely trade for him.  I disagreed.

Now the Bell people think that since he has joined the Chiefs, he will be a league-winning RB1.  Again, I disagree.

Dude, nobody said league winner. Though to say he was not signing elsewhere or playing elsewhere was an extreme stance. He will play. For what it is worth I have him at 13 ppg in a ppr league on average. Not a killer, yet not useless. He is, and will be, a flex for me until proven otherwise AFTER he has practice time with the team. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

LOL

Bell hasn’t exceeded 4 YPC since 2016. He’s not a stud anymore, but can do enough to destroy CEH’s ceiling.

Le'Veon Bell 2017 - 321-1291 = 4.02 yards per carry. Btw he had another 85 receptions for another 655 yards putting him just short of 2k yards from scrimmage and a tick over 400 touches. After that, he decided to not get ground to dust without getting guaranteed money, sat out a year, got said money and spent a year in football purgatory, and that now brings us to present day.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellLe00.htm

I don't expect him to be the same as he was 4 years ago, but the narrative that his performance or lack there of on the Jets is a tired one. 

Edited by PrestigeWW
  • Like 3
20 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

What would you offer for this dude.. among my leagues someone wanted Golladay for him. Is anyone trying to aquire him or pulled off a sell.. 

Tempted to sell, but with all the injuries this year its still a bit early to flip depth for other needs even if you're stacked at RB. I'd need something stupid like DK Metcalf to ship him off right now. a WR2 isn't going to cut it for me with how hyped most are atm even though that's probably a fair return. 

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

bell is going to be out there vs jets in 4th qr with score like 40 to 3 and he will make 70 yard runs to stick a fork in jets, he will be out for revenge

Bell's gonna be so hyped for that game!!!!! I know I would be.

Many people have already talked about the potential fantasy impact Le’Veon Bell will have with the Chiefs. 
My opinion is that the off the field issues Bell may have in Kansas City will limit him in fantasy. Many have stated he’s a diva but I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that’s not going to be an issue. 
As a former amateur athlete who was once destined to never become a professional I can tell you from experience that the BBQ in KC can ruin anyone’s athletic career. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if by week 12 Le’Veon Bell looks like this 

CarefreeEducatedGlassfrog-size_restricte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

Many people have already talked about the potential fantasy impact Le’Veon Bell will have with the Chiefs. 
My opinion is that the off the field issues Bell may have in Kansas City will limit him in fantasy. Many have stated he’s a diva but I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that’s not going to be an issue. 
As a former amateur athlete who was once destined to never become a professional I can tell you from experience that the BBQ in KC can ruin anyone’s athletic career. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if by week 12 Le’Veon Bell looks like this 

CarefreeEducatedGlassfrog-size_restricte

Minus the sauce, no sides or bread and it’s Keto! He will be good! 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, tschwicht said:

Everyone thinks that just because of the recent past the Chiefs offense is unstoppable and so CEH should have come in and destroyed, and now that he hasn't he was a bad pick.

It's simply ridiculous.

The Chiefs offensive line play has been absolutely horrid. There isn't a back in this league outside of maybe ol' stiff arm tank Henry that is doing more behind this line. In fact I think a lot of good backs would have done considerably worse than CEH. His size, balance, and movement have been an asset regardless of the stat lines.

Honestly a guy like Bell, who is patient and looks for his holes, is going to be a bad fit for this team THIS year. CEH has bounced off 1 and even 2 defenders multiple times this year and is met with a third instantly. There is NO hole to find, no matter what vision you have. 

The other issue has been Mahomes. I know, you just can't say a bad thing about him. I'm a HUGE fan. Was so happy we moved up to grab him (yep, I'm a Chiefs fan). But he has made a ton of mistakes I wrote about in the CEH thread. His short yardage passes have been pretty bad in multiple games, landing at guys' feet or well over their head. Again, he can drop a dime 70 yards away, but 6 yards out he's just flat out missing. The other issue is that I watch him look right at CEH open in space 6-10 yards up field and he moves to the next read to try and force something 20+. He has to work on this. 

As far as CEH, they aren't getting him the ball in space. Those types of dump offs he's is turning into first down gains. He's just not getting them. And they are running all these sweeps for Tyreek and others and they actually get out into space. Then they run CEH into holes that are non-existant. Again, NO RB is getting further. It's just the line play.

With that said, Bell might actually look better for one reason. They might actually get him out into space and throw him the ball. I don't know why Mahomes is seemingly passing it up so much for CEH. He has made some amazing catches this year and has been solid when thrown the ball. It just seems like he passes on it. Bell might come in with some respect on his past and Reid might plan some looks like that for him that CEH wasn't getting.

For fantasy purposes: Not happy as a CEH owner that Bell is coming, but recognize that this just isn't really a good situation for a RB this year because this line is a major barrier to production.

For being a Chiefs fan purposes: Happy to have the help, and I think Bell has some juice left. But I don't know that his style of play brings anything to the table CEH can't offer at this point, and honestly I think his patience might be a big liability with this line.

Bonus take: No one is giving up anything of value for Bell at this point. Everyone holding Bell is happy they might get some production out of him, but everyone also knows CEH looms. It really just makes both of their value take a hit and no one is going to sell CEH or Bell high now.

Precisely this

• Like 1

All I know is that as a Bell owner, this is mostly positive. 

And at the end of the day, isn’t this crazy **** the reason we play FF? Like I was refreshing this thread non-stop on Wednesday and Thursday and was glued to Twitter. Embrace the chaos, it’s awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/30/2020 at 12:43 PM, sSektor said:

Whats more likely:

1.) Gase gets fired by midseason and Bell finally starts living up to his contract under the interim HC

2.) Bell gets traded to a team that will actually use him correctly

3.) Gase and Bell both remain on the team the entire season and continue the current trajectory of mediocrity

4.) Bell gets released by the incomprehensibly incompetent Jets and goes to a contender while the Jets pay most of his salary

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

When did he quit being a stud? He’s 28...... 

Honest answer: When he left the Steelers, who turned James Conner into an instant stud in his absence.

People don't give enough credit to the Steelers and what a nice spot it is for a RB. Yes, Bell was smooth there but it wasn't all or even mostly him in my opinion. Everyone who comes into the Steelers backfield has been productive.

If Bell tries to sit behind this line and wait for a hole to open up, he's just going to lose yards, period. This line is decimated, and losing Osemele last week was probably the nail in the coffin. It's going to be a rough road ahead for any RB and especially Pat behind this line. I'm REALLY hoping they adjust and this results in more short routes to the RB, getting the ball out quicker. But I doubt it. Pat wants to sling it and he's going to. They'll continue the misdirection sweep stuff but neither CEH or Bell are going to be the beneficiary of these plays as we've seen.

I'd like to hope I'm wrong. Anything to help the Chiefs win another Super Bowl! But the fact is, our line is probably worse than the Jets line at this point. Anyone who thinks the Bell of old is going to come in KC and outplay CEH is probably in for a surprise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People concerned about Bell's run style in this KC offense should be, their O-line is trash (that being said, defenses have to play further back against the Chiefs relative to the Jets). HOWEVER, I think most of us are hoping that this team knows how good a receiving back Bell is. He's going to play a lot of downs for his pass blocking and pass catching, and hopefully he becomes that #3 target for Mahomes behind Kelce and Tyreek. Sure, if they try to run him up the gut repeatedly like the Jets, it's going to be meh. But the Chiefs are smarter than that, and I figure they give him a lot of open space play design as well as include him in the goal line trickery.

As I said earlier in the thread, the ideal hope for him is James White on steroids on an offense that puts up A LOT of points. 7-8 targets per game, 8-10 carries, and goal line work. He has real potential to put up Kareem numbers before Chubb went down, if not more because KC is going to score a lot more than Cleveland.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, tschwicht said:

Honest answer: When he left the Steelers, who turned James Conner into an instant stud in his absence.

People don't give enough credit to the Steelers and what a nice spot it is for a RB. Yes, Bell was smooth there but it wasn't all or even mostly him in my opinion. Everyone who comes into the Steelers backfield has been productive.

If Bell tries to sit behind this line and wait for a hole to open up, he's just going to lose yards, period. This line is decimated, and losing Osemele last week was probably the nail in the coffin. It's going to be a rough road ahead for any RB and especially Pat behind this line. I'm REALLY hoping they adjust and this results in more short routes to the RB, getting the ball out quicker. But I doubt it. Pat wants to sling it and he's going to. They'll continue the misdirection sweep stuff but neither CEH or Bell are going to be the beneficiary of these plays as we've seen.

I'd like to hope I'm wrong. Anything to help the Chiefs win another Super Bowl! But the fact is, our line is probably worse than the Jets line at this point. Anyone who thinks the Bell of old is going to come in KC and outplay CEH is probably in for a surprise. 

James Conner can’t hold Steelers Bell jockstrap but go on with that narrative...

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

James Conner can’t hold Steelers Bell jockstrap but go on with that narrative...

Conner was a top 5 back in 2018 prior to getting hurt.

Conner was easily comparable to Steelers Bell.  Only, with more touchdowns.

• Haha 1