• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

James Conner can’t hold Steelers Bell jockstrap but go on with that narrative...

I like Bell and he is a lot more talented than Connor. 

That said, when Bell went down earlier in his career DeAngelo Williams stepped up and looked better than ever.

There is something to be said for the Pittsburgh running game... it can make just about anyone productive. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SpartanEric said:

That said, when Bell went down earlier in his career DeAngelo Williams stepped up and looked better than ever.

There is something to be said for the Pittsburgh running game... it can make just about anyone productive. 

Bell is a very different runner than most rbs including Connor or d will. He is extremely patient and is far from a one cut downhill fast runner... he’s not necessarily elusive, but he sees the field extremely well kind of like how Barry Sanders did, except one he also surprisingly never took negative yards in the process.  He is far from hall of fame runner like sanders and is no where near as elusive, but as far as field vision and awareness he’s top notch.  With the amount of openings from the way that tyreek and Kelce stretch the field and Mahomes movement in the pocket it’s hard not to get excited about his opportunity.  He might not have the same burst as he used to, but the talent for field awareness and vision is something that can’t be taught 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

About 2017.

You mean this year?

"On December 19, Bell was named to his third Pro Bowl.[113] In addition, he was named as a First Team All-Pro for the second time in his career.[114] The Steelers had locked a second round bye for the playoffs after going 13–3 in the regular season.[115] Overall, he finished the 2017 season with a league-high 321 carries for 1,291 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns to go along with 85 receptions for 655 yards and two receiving touchdowns.[116] He was ranked fifth by his peers on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2018."[117]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Conner was a top 5 back in 2018 prior to getting hurt.

Conner was easily comparable to Steelers Bell.  Only, with more touchdowns.

if you think Conner is a better back than Bell at anytime you are clearing showing your bias towards Bell. 

Conner is a JAG behind a good offensive line  He runs straight, makes no one miss and is a medicore at best pass catcher.  he gets whats blocked and for the Steelers thats good enough.  He's not dynamic in anyway shape or form.

I would  have loved to see Conner behind the Jets miserable oline like Leveon played behind last year - he'd average 2 yards a carry.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
44 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Bell had a season with 2,215 yards and two more where he was damn near 2,000. Conner hasn't broke 1,500 yet. If we take it on a YPG basis since he got hurt he still doesn't even sniff Bells top 3 seasons in terms of yardage. The year Bell served his suspension he was on a pace for over 2,500 yards. Last year people were acting like CMC is some MVP candidate and even he was over 100 yards short of that pace. 

I have no idea what leads people to be so salty about Bell but frankly it is damn disrespectful in terms of some things that are said about him. Before going to one of the worst coaches in the NFL Bell was the best skills position player in the entire NFL. 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

if you think Conner is a better back than Bell at anytime you are clearing showing your bias towards Bell. 

Conner is a JAG behind a good offensive line  He runs straight, makes no one miss and is a medicore at best pass catcher.  he gets whats blocked and for the Steelers thats good enough.  He's not dynamic in anyway shape or form.

I would  have loved to see Conner behind the Jets miserable oline like Leveon played behind last year - he'd average 2 yards a carry.

As bad as Gase and the Jets are, Bell taking a year off is probably a big reason why he was bad last season. People need to stop apologizing for him.

Just now, Evincar said:

As bad as Gase and the Jets are, Bell taking a year off is probably a big reason why he was bad last season. People need to stop apologizing for him.

While I agree he was rusty -  That's not apologizing for him just stating facts.  He was rusty on awful team with mediocre to bad QB play and a bottom 3 o-line. 

So the overall, the situation wasn't optimal for most RB' s to succeed in - let alone a great RB coming off a year layoff.  The people critiquing him are saying he's washed up which we have no real evidence of besides one substandard year ( for him) on an awful team.  He still had over 1200 total scrimmage yards which is above average I'd say for an RB.

5 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

While I agree he was rusty -  That's not apologizing for him just stating facts.  He was rusty on awful team with mediocre to bad QB play and a bottom 3 o-line. 

So the overall, the situation wasn't optimal for most RB' s to succeed in - let alone a great RB coming off a year layoff.  The people critiquing him are saying he's washed up which we have no real evidence of besides one substandard year ( for him) on an awful team.  He still had over 1200 total scrimmage yards which is above average I'd say for an RB.

Bell was decent in full ppr from a fantasy perspective in 2019, but so bad in real life that his team got rid of him five games into his second season with them, even though they still have to pay him.  3.2 yards per carry?

And if the year off rust explains his 2019 mediocrity, what is the excuse for 2020?

And what will be the excuse when he still struggles for KC when he is able to play in Week 7?  And after that?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

Cant wait for that Week 8 matchup .. when he rips off 200 total yards and 2 TD'S against NY Jets

Did you mean 10 carries for 32 yards and 2 catches for 6 yards?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell was decent in full ppr from a fantasy perspective in 2019, but so bad in real life that his team got rid of him five games into his second season with them, even though they still have to pay him.  3.2 yards per carry?

And if the year off rust explains his 2019 mediocrity, what is the excuse for 2020?

And what will be the excuse when he still struggles for KC when he is able to play in Week 7?  And after that?

everyone has there opinion, you have made yours known over 30 pages in this forum.  You are just stuck on the how terrible he is was in the jets and how he’s washed band wagon (which is fine, that’s your opinion).  Some of us think he still has talent and measureables that your overseeing.  In the end we’ll all have to see how this shakes out but  posts like this 

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Did you mean 10 carries for 32 yards and 2 catches for 6 yards?

Are just ignorant

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, tschwicht said:

Honest answer: When he left the Steelers, who turned James Conner into an instant stud in his absence.

People don't give enough credit to the Steelers and what a nice spot it is for a RB. Yes, Bell was smooth there but it wasn't all or even mostly him in my opinion. Everyone who comes into the Steelers backfield has been productive.

If Bell tries to sit behind this line and wait for a hole to open up, he's just going to lose yards, period. This line is decimated, and losing Osemele last week was probably the nail in the coffin. It's going to be a rough road ahead for any RB and especially Pat behind this line. I'm REALLY hoping they adjust and this results in more short routes to the RB, getting the ball out quicker. But I doubt it. Pat wants to sling it and he's going to. They'll continue the misdirection sweep stuff but neither CEH or Bell are going to be the beneficiary of these plays as we've seen.

I'd like to hope I'm wrong. Anything to help the Chiefs win another Super Bowl! But the fact is, our line is probably worse than the Jets line at this point. Anyone who thinks the Bell of old is going to come in KC and outplay CEH is probably in for a surprise. 

Your posts in this thread have been quality. 

I hope Patrick starts checking it down more. I would imagine that Bell (and CEH) should be able to find holes in the defenses if they continue to play deep 8 man zones. Should give Bell a solid PPR floor. That said, Patrick is smart, but too confident in his abilities to settle for check downs right now. A couple more losses and maybe we see him start carving up defenses with shorter, quicker passes to his new pass-catching toy. 

But anyways, let the Bell hype continue! 

15 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

You're making the point for people here. Your argument is basically "when he was on a bad team he was bad but when he was on a good team with a line and QB he was good".

Yeah. No kidding.

DeAngelo Williams and James Conner both have flourished as running backs in that offense without Bell there (or filling in for him with injury). So what's more likely:

1. Bell's production in Pittsburgh is a complete reflection of his elite skill. The fact that both second tier guys filling in and replacing him have produced as well, and when he went to another team his 3.2ypc were NOT a result of his talent and completely the fault of the line and QB play. 

2. Bell was a decent back who just ended up in the perfect spot in Pittsburgh for his game, which allowed him to have elite production and made him look better than he really was. This is supported by second tier guys filling in for him and also being productive. When he was sent to a lesser team, his production dropped and he wasn't the same player everyone thought he was because he just truly wasn't.

Elite is elite, no matter the team. If you put a guy like Zeke on ANY team in this league he's going to flourish. There are a few guys you could make that argument for. I know it's cliche but look at a lot of the teams Barry Sanders played on. I watched Jamaal Charles as a Chiefs fan sit behind horrible lines with TRASH QBs and make things happen.

Bell is not a bad back. I don't think anyone is saying that. I'm a Chiefs fan, and I hope we can put some of his strengths to use. But the evidence points more towards situation (Pittsburgh) making Bell great than Bell being an elite talent (which would have shown on the Jets) himself.

1 minute ago, tschwicht said:

You're making the point for people here. Your argument is basically "when he was on a bad team he was bad but when he was on a good team with a line and QB he was good".

Yeah. No kidding.

DeAngelo Williams and James Conner both have flourished as running backs in that offense without Bell there (or filling in for him with injury). So what's more likely:

1. Bell's production in Pittsburgh is a complete reflection of his elite skill. The fact that both second tier guys filling in and replacing him have produced as well, and when he went to another team his 3.2ypc were NOT a result of his talent and completely the fault of the line and QB play. 

2. Bell was a decent back who just ended up in the perfect spot in Pittsburgh for his game, which allowed him to have elite production and made him look better than he really was. This is supported by second tier guys filling in for him and also being productive. When he was sent to a lesser team, his production dropped and he wasn't the same player everyone thought he was because he just truly wasn't.

Elite is elite, no matter the team. If you put a guy like Zeke on ANY team in this league he's going to flourish. There are a few guys you could make that argument for. I know it's cliche but look at a lot of the teams Barry Sanders played on. I watched Jamaal Charles as a Chiefs fan sit behind horrible lines with TRASH QBs and make things happen.

Bell is not a bad back. I don't think anyone is saying that. I'm a Chiefs fan, and I hope we can put some of his strengths to use. But the evidence points more towards situation (Pittsburgh) making Bell great than Bell being an elite talent (which would have shown on the Jets) himself.

Hey man if you don't think Bell is that good that's like your opinion man - you can believe whatever you want. You keeping say decent and not bad - damning with faint praise. 

You clearly dont think he's good since you mentioned people like Deangelo Williams and jag James Conner as your counterpoint to Bell's production in Pitt.

And if you think Zeke who's been on a top5 oline his entire career would flourish on Jets or Giants with awful qb's and horrible olines then i don't know what to tell you

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

Hey man if you don't think Bell is that good that's like your opinion man - you can believe whatever you want. You keeping say decent and not bad - damning with faint praise. 

You clearly dont think he's good since you mentioned people like Deangelo Williams and jag James Conner as your counterpoint to Bell's production in Pitt.

And if you think Zeke who's been on a top5 oline his entire career would flourish on Jets or Giants with awful qb's and horrible olines then i don't know what to tell you

Yeah as giants fan it’s been difficult for me to watch Barkley get contacted a yard behind the line of scrimmage the last few years... yes he has broken more tackles but I consider saquan a generational talent put in a terrible situtation... his athleticism is elite and freakish.  I’ll be the first to admit that bell doesn’t have that he has “vision, patience and awareness” that is elite.  The altheticism can go away over years but the ability to see the field does not.   I don’t think anyone is expecting him to be a top 5 pick next year but I do believe he can settle in the rb2 tier and with room to move if he is given enough touches.  The field will be much different for him with how the spread the ball out in kc... the gaps at the second level will be much bigger.  I could be wrong but there is definitely reasons to be excited about his opportunity

Edited by TeeGee60
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, tschwicht said:

Yeah. No kidding.

These are fine theories...but Adam Gase 💩s on everyone.   Can’t use Conner and D-Will without mentioning the flip side in the Gase Jets.   

None of us know what Bell will look like on the Chiefs.    Which is why I’m looking to neither acquire or trade Bell currently.

Edited by Impreza178
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Bell had a season with 2,215 yards and two more where he was damn near 2,000. Conner hasn't broke 1,500 yet. If we take it on a YPG basis since he got hurt he still doesn't even sniff Bells top 3 seasons in terms of yardage. The year Bell served his suspension he was on a pace for over 2,500 yards. Last year people were acting like CMC is some MVP candidate and even he was over 100 yards short of that pace. 

I have no idea what leads people to be so salty about Bell but frankly it is damn disrespectful in terms of some things that are said about him. Before going to one of the worst coaches in the NFL Bell was the best skills position player in the entire NFL. 

Yeah but the insane amount of receptions is what made CMC such a fantasy MVP.

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

These are fine theories...but Adam Gase 💩s on everyone.   Can’t use Conner and D-Will without mentioning the flip side in the Gase Jets.   

None of us know what Bell will look like on the Chiefs.    Which is why I’m looking to neither acquire or trade Bell currently.

You have to mention Gase, but the point still stands an elite back produces even in the worst of teams/situations.

The Giants are a dumpster fire this year and no one was shying away from Saquon because it doesn't matter with him (if he could stay on the field). The Vikings aren't tearing it up right now, but Cook if he can get healthy again is looking like top 3 for the year.  And the CMC battle going on in this thread.. look at Carolina.

Then compare that to Bell on a team with Ben at QB, prime Antonio Brown, good line etc.. That's a BIG difference. And you can mention Gase, and that's fair, but you can't look at Conner/D-Will and not say, how much does the situation really play into his success.

I'm not saying Bell is bad and you surely know by now I'm happy to have him on the Chiefs. I just think his elite talent was overblown. By how much was it overblown is hard to say, but the best way to gauge is put him on another offense. And we've seen how that worked out.

Edited by tschwicht