NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, turner46 said:

Only 1 losing season (the year Watson tore his ACL), 4 playoff births in 6 years. Resurrected Penn State, How small is your list of good coaches??? His GM skills have definitely been bad to date.

Well he's had 3 years of really good defenses which isnt his side of the ball. So Im not sure how much credit you can give him for that. The AFC South has never produced an elite team since Peyton left the Colts so its much easier to win a division every year without much competition. I think you have to pretty lucky too if you win two division titles despite having a negative point differential.

Edited by Evincar
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

book sets Bell at 850.5 rushing yds, slight dog to top that #

-115o

-125u

On 8/15/2020 at 8:59 AM, bangarrang said:

Dont underestimate the Gase effect. He already said he wants Bell to have fewer carries this year and has gushed about Gore. Let's say Bell gets 3 less carries per game this year but improves his efficiency to 4.0 ypc. He only averaged 16 carries per game last year so 13 per game puts him at around 830 rushing yards on the year. And that's if his efficiency takes a big jump up. TDs are fluky so maybe he gets a couple more this year but I still don't think anyone is expecting the Jets offense to be a scoring machine. Gore could also snake a few.

Sounds about right. Like I said earlier in PPR he's an option as a low end RB2 but I wouldn't trust it. I'd be happy if he's my flex in PPR but I think his floor is a crater and his ceiling is around 900 yards rushing with 450 receiving. 

• Like 1
On 8/15/2020 at 8:59 AM, bangarrang said:

I wouldnt take him as anything more than a flex in non-ppr. In ppr I think he's okay as a low end rb2.

Dont underestimate the Gase effect. He already said he wants Bell to have fewer carries this year and has gushed about Gore. Let's say Bell gets 3 less carries per game this year but improves his efficiency to 4.0 ypc. He only averaged 16 carries per game last year so 13 per game puts him at around 830 rushing yards on the year. And that's if his efficiency takes a big jump up. TDs are fluky so maybe he gets a couple more this year but I still don't think anyone is expecting the Jets offense to be a scoring machine. Gore could also snake a few.

Also, from what I've read, there's no guaranteed money in his deal after 2020. Gase didn't want him to begin with and I wouldn't be surprised to see an unhappy ending to this marriage after another down year.

PPR he's okay at his adp, non-ppr I'd avoid unless he falls far. Honestly I'm still probably avoiding even in ppr unless he takes a tremendous dive or I'm desperate. 

TDs may be fluky, but not in Bell's case ... he has never cracked double digit rushing TDs, even with that much more explosive Stillers offense. 

i believe he achieved double digits (rushing/receiving TDs combined) only once.  

cat just doesn't have that nose for the gl ... and now frickin' Methuselah is there to potentially vulture. 

ugly magick foosball season coming up ... even if he takes an adp slide, i'm gonna glide. 

no. ain't happening. 

• Thanks 1

This dude is gonna look back on his career and be so mad at himself for leaving the Steelers to sign with the jets. I have no desire to draft him this year, but I do think he will have a steady weekly floor and is a good value outside the top 40. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

This dude is gonna look back on his career and be so mad at himself for leaving the Steelers to sign with the jets. I have no desire to draft him this year, but I do think he will have a steady weekly floor and is a good value outside the top 40. 

Mid 4th round is way too early for me for Bell.  I am still looking for impact players at that stage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, bangarrang said:

Sounds about right. Like I said earlier in PPR he's an option as a low end RB2 but I wouldn't trust it. I'd be happy if he's my flex in PPR but I think his floor is a crater and his ceiling is around 900 yards rushing with 450 receiving. 

He finished as a mid RB2 in PPR last season despite averaging like 3 YPC and only having 4 total TDs but sure he has a terrible floor...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, urbank07 said:

Bell has nowhere to go but up honestly.

Exactly my thoughts, bell had the worst season he could possibly have barring injury and still was an RB2. It’s like a stock when you’re buying after a dip it’s only going to go up unless something catastrophic happens. We like to give players a 15% cut coming off career years for projections. Why not give bell a 15% increase coming off career lows? If bell sees a modest improvement across the board He should be a solid rb2 at his price 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jay2491 said:

Exactly my thoughts, bell had the worst season he could possibly have barring injury and still was an RB2. It’s like a stock when you’re buying after a dip it’s only going to go up unless something catastrophic happens. We like to give players a 15% cut coming off career years for projections. Why not give bell a 15% increase coming off career lows? If bell sees a modest improvement across the board He should be a solid rb2 at his price 

I get it.   But, he's still got a bad O-line and tons of competition to receive dump offs.   Plus Gore.  Plus Gase.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I think he has a pretty safe PPR floor but I don’t see much upside in this offence either. Don’t think he’s going to be on a lot of league winning teams at his ADP. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jay2491 said:

In a PPR are you taking Carson Conner And Gurley Over him? 

They're all right there in FP PPR rankings: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ppr-rb-cheatsheets.php

But yeah, I'd take Carson over him, and maybe Conner too. 

And, I'd lean Bell over Gurley, but only because of Gurley's knee.

JMHO...

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I think he has a pretty safe PPR floor but I don’t see much upside in this offence either. Don’t think he’s going to be on a lot of league winning teams at his ADP. 

If he's being drafted as a low RB2, why would that prevent teams from winning their leagues? Leagues are rarely won or lost in the draft, but rather in the injuries and moves made throughout the season. 

• Haha 1
  • ESPN's Rich Cimini reports the Jets' offensive "plan" is to lessen Le'Veon Bell's workload by utilizing Frank Gore.

In this scenario, Bell would average something similar to his 20.7 touches per game from last year but play fewer snaps to keep fresh. It's an unsurprising development since the 37-year-old, who previously led the Dolphins in both carries (156) and rushing yards (722) under Adam Gase, was signed to do much more than simply be a handcuff. There's enough concern about Gore's usage in short-yardage situations and passing downs that Bell, currently being drafted in the mid-fourth round, isn't valuable at that ADP in the slightest. 

SOURCE: ESPN.com
    Aug 17, 2020, 3:49 PM ET

•  
Edited by SharkSwimmer
5 hours ago, jay2491 said:

In a PPR are you taking Carson Conner And Gurley Over him? 

Nope.   I would go Bell, Gurley, and probably avoid Carson.

Edit...just saw the comments by Gase.  I might go Gurley.   Would have to think about that at this point.

Edited by K197040
8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Nope.   I would go Bell, Gurley, and probably avoid Carson.

Edit...just saw the comments by Gase.  I might go Gurley.   Would have to think about that at this point.

Anyone thinking Bell is getting a bellcow workload with Gore there deserves what they get if they draft him. I’m warning you while you still have time to avoid the Gase trap...

• Like 3

I still don’t believe that Gore is going to eat into Bell’s production in any substantial amount. Gase will try to incorporate him to give Bell a breather, but that’s about it. Gore will be a 37 yr-old test dummy for a few between-the-tackles runs to take some punishment in Bell’s place because he really has very little left in the tank. Bell will catch 60+ passes, Gore will get about 10. Gore ran for more than 27 yds in a game ONCE over his final 8 last year. I confidently have Bell as my RB2/3/flex in 2 leagues (4th round & $16 bid). Health permitting, he will finish the season in the top 15 for RBs 

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

I still don’t believe that Gore is going to eat into Bell’s production in any substantial amount. Gase will try to incorporate him to give Bell a breather, but that’s about it. Gore will be a 37 yr-old test dummy for a few between-the-tackles runs to take some punishment in Bell’s place because he really has very little left in the tank. Bell will catch 60+ passes, Gore will get about 10. Gore ran for more than 27 yds in a game ONCE over his final 8 last year. I confidently have Bell as my RB2/3/flex in 2 leagues (4th round & $16 bid). Health permitting, he will finish the season in the top 15 for RBs 

I still don't believe Gore ate into Drake's production but he did.

Ryan Tannehill was top 10 in yards and TD's in the HISTORY of the NFL for a QB through 3 years, then Gase comes in and says not so fast.

Parker was looking like a bust, Gase comes in and says let's make it official.

Gase gets fired and now Drake on the franchise tag, Tannehill with over a 100 million dollar contract and Parker with his deal are rich. Gase is mad inside as he succesfully derailed the livelyhood of these 3 men but other coaches were thankfully able to get them back on the rails.

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

THANK yew

Thank you for what? The report you quoted said Bell is expected to get something similar to his 20.7 touch per game average, but in fewer snaps. We'll see how it shakes out during the season, but I still think Bell is going to be the mid-RB2 in half PPR that he was last season. 

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic