NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

10 hours ago, Goatstain3 said:

Mahomes doesn't count.  You're just making chit up.  In your initial statement, you embellished.  Just admit it, and move on.

... Sharks don't swim backwards... we all need to just ignore this muppet and move on... Bell landed in a less-than-ideal spot, given the alternatives, but at least he won't be misused by Gase... if anything, his limited touches will be well scripted for maximum impact (Reid has proven as much)... No, we did not win the lottery and eke out an RB1 RoS, but is he chopped liver? I doubt it...

Just leave him be... Guys like sharky thrive on creating and being involved in chaos, don't engage...

Edited by TheDude4bides
typo
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

... Sharks don't swim backwards... we all need to just ignore this muppet and move on... Bell landed in a less-than-ideal spot, given the alternatives, but at least he won't be misused by Gase... if anything, his limited touches will be well scripted for maximum impact (Reid has proven as much)... No, we did not win the lottery and eke out an RB1 RoS, but is he chopped liver? I doubt it...

Just leave him be... Guys like sharky thrive on creating and being involved in chaos, don't engage...

Pretty much. I think us Bell owners have traded a moderate floor and very low ceiling for a low floor and moderate-to-high ceiling. 

Could be worse and I think he’s an exciting guy to own right now. 

Edited by MingusDew
5 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Pretty much. I think us Bell owners have traded a moderate floor and very low ceiling for a low floor and moderate-to-high ceiling

Could be worse and I think he’s an exciting guy to own right now. 

Yup, I'm just excited to have a piece of KC's offense, gives me even more of a reason to watch the games... this guy is firmly locked into my bench as a stash at this point, so no harm no foul... anybody here expecting him to be a season savior or anything more than a FLEX is delusional prior to our seeing how he's deployed... maybe Reid goes pistol and deploys both CEH and Bell in a lot of sets, who knows... that could be absolute hell to defenses everywhere... I think you nailed the floor/ceiling, and in THIS offense, that's why there's room for optimism and excitement, but nothing more at this point...

• Like 1

@TheDude4bides

sharks cannot swim upside down, either.  But ignoring me is what got team managers stuck with Bell in the first place, when Swift or Taylor could have been selected around the same ADP.

Another very good option is to trade Bell right now while his KC hype has not yet collided with reality.

While you are correct and sharks cannot swim backwards, they can circle back around, especially when smelling blood.  And team managers who held onto Bell for this long would be wise to wait a game or two to see how Reid uses him before plugging him in to the starting lineup.

P.S. I love The Big Lebowski and was sorry to hear about Bridges's health problem.  Sounds like he is on it and should fully recover.  I sincerely hope he does.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

@TheDude4bides

sharks cannot swim upside down, either.  But ignoring me is what got team managers stuck with Bell in the first place, when Swift or Taylor could have been selected around the same ADP.

Another very good option is to trade Bell right now while his KC hype has not yet collided with reality.

While you are correct and sharks cannot swim backwards, they can circle back around, especially when smelling blood.  And team managers who held onto Bell for this long would be wise to wait a game or two to see how Reid uses him before plugging him in to the starting lineup.

P.S. I love The Big Lebowski and was sorry to hear about Bridges's health problem.  Sounds like he is on it and should fully recover.  I sincerely hope he does.

Very sad news indeed about Bridges... 100% agree with you here, out of lineup until you see what happens and if you can sell for top dollar right now with hype, game on... Just not on board with all your doom and gloom "this guy is burnt toast" vitriol... That's all, let's see how it all plays out... If he comes out and looks awful for a few games, then you can come back in here and flame us all for being blinded by the potential, but until then you assertions are not yet rooted in fact. You've made your point well known, nobody here will ever quote you as being a believer. Awesome. Let's let the chips fall and then we can rehash who was right...

EDIT: I come here for news and updates, not rehashed, stale arguments.

Edited by TheDude4bides
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

Very sad news indeed about Bridges... 100% agree with you here, out of lineup until you see what happens and if you can sell for top dollar right now with hype, game on... Just not on board with all your doom and gloom "this guy is burnt toast" vitriol... That's all...

EDIT: I come here for news and updates, not rehashed, stale arguments.

I do the same in player threads.  That's why I posted the blurb from yesterday of Andy Reid stating Bell would possibly be inactive for game 7.  Then, as usual, a good old fashioned donnybrook broke out.  Cowboys swinging from chandeliers, chairs broken over heads, whiskey bottles halved to use as weapons, all while the piano player keeps playing on, seemingly unperturbed. 

12 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You Bell people could learn that he tragically passed away and still somehow spin it as a positive.  

"He will be pretty much impossible to tackle, now," you'll say.

I own CEH, not Bell.  Just calling it how it is.  His salary means squat.  Jets are paying him a boatload this year.  He wanted to get his Superbowl ring.

5 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30162604/leveon-bell-chance-reinvent-kansas-city-chiefs

Key excerpt from Mahomes:

Mahomes, the reigning Super Bowl MVP, said he was eager for Bell to get into a game, particularly for what he can do for the Chiefs as a receiver.

"He's a mismatch coming out of the backfield," Mahomes said. "The way he's able to run routes, the way he's able to split out and basically be a receiver out there is pretty special. He's going to get a lot of matchups I don't think he's had recently with a lot of linebackers on him, and I'm sure he's pretty excited about that."

Sure sounds like a guy that will have designated consistent role - he might even play with CEH a fair amount.

This would be the ideal. KC lines him up as a receiver a bunch like PIT did and he becomes a Mahomes safety valve when he has to dump. This will probably eat into Kelce's production a bit more than anyone else.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, harck said:

This would be the ideal. KC lines him up as a receiver a bunch like PIT did and he becomes a Mahomes safety valve when he has to dump. This will probably eat into Kelce's production a bit more than anyone else.

I can easily see this happening too. Any idea what it would take for LeVeon to get WR eligibility? I know it's not likely but a few players - Woodhead, Ty Montgomery, etc - have been fantasy eligible at both.

Just now, PrestigeWW said:

I can easily see this happening too. Any idea what it would take for LeVeon to get WR eligibility? I know it's not likely but a few players - Woodhead, Ty Montgomery, etc - have been fantasy eligible at both.

get ready to see both CEH and Bell on the field at the same time.  and both will get carries both will get catches.  imagine having to defend against both of those guys and Kelce at the goal line.  there is simply no scheme that is going to account for it.  and then you still have Mahommes who can just run it in. 

as a football fan i am looking forward to see this play out

36 minutes ago, harck said:

This makes sense and it will replace Watkins' intermediate routes too.  With Watkins always an injury risk (he's already out with a hammy), Mahomes' comments will elevate Bell at least to an RB2 in PPR leagues.  When Hunt was there and Damien before opting out, Andy Reid always liked to utilize RBs as WRs.  There's enough game script stats to show that in this offense, a RB can eat as a pass catcher.

We just haven't seen that in a while because Darrel Williams is okay, and CEH is still learning as a route runner.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

This makes sense and it will replace Watkins' intermediate routes too.  With Watkins always an injury risk (he's already out with a hammy), Mahomes' comments will elevate Bell at least to an RB2 in PPR leagues.  When Hunt was there and Damien before opting out, Andy Reid always liked to utilize RBs as WRs.  There's enough game script stats to show that in this offense, a RB can eat as a pass catcher.

We just haven't seen that in a while because Darrel Williams is okay, and CEH is still learning as a route runner.

If you can find a team manager in your league who believes the bolded part, now would be a great time to trade Bell to that team manager.

That way, when the grim reality sets in that KC Bell is actually a desperation bye-week flex in full ppr, it will no longer be your problem.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Panthor said:

get ready to see both CEH and Bell on the field at the same time.  and both will get carries both will get catches.  imagine having to defend against both of those guys and Kelce at the goal line.  there is simply no scheme that is going to account for it.  and then you still have Mahommes who can just run it in. 

as a football fan i am looking forward to see this play out

And then they still have to worry about Tyreek Hill. I agree and hope we see both on the field together. 

If that overlap of usage is there between the 2 , things might not be so bad. 

Edited by RunCMC
8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If you can find a team manager in your league who believes the bolded part, now would be a great time to trade Bell to that team manager.

That way, when the grim reality sets in that KC Bell is actually a desperation bye-week flex in full ppr, it will no longer be your problem.

I admit there are some on here that are certainly overstating things in terms of upside for Bell. I don't think he'll be a weekly RB1 or RB2, but there is a lot more upside with KC than there was with the Jets. I think you're just as guilty of discounting what he brings to the table as the folks crowing about him being a league winner.

My take is that anyone that scooped this guy off waivers or didn't pay an extreme price in ADP is going to be happy to trot this guy out as a flex in a few weeks.  I hope you don't ghost this thread when/if there is crow to be served in a few weeks.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Good point and lots of FF managers may want to do that.

I'm going to hold and ride this train.  Bell is my RB 5 so I can afford to.

22 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

As opposed to saying "Bell has nothing left?"

That's fine and all, but it doesn't matter if he has juice in the tank.  What matters for his playing time is if he has more ability than CEH.  Otherwise, he's not getting any more than the short end of a committee.

Not saying he can't win that, just saying that these kinds of statements don't really matter much.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PrestigeWW said:

I hope you don't ghost this thread when/if there is crow to be served in a few weeks.

I'll be in here to take my lumps, in the unlikely event that Bell has any big games during his (likely short) KC Chiefs career.

Even though my Bell-loving friends of the RW forums did not extend me that courtesy in 2018 after my prediction that Bell would not play a single snap proved correct.