Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Good point. Maybe, if they decide to give RBs more than 5 total carries, CEH might actually be at risk. 

Every player who plays as much as CEH is at risk. A handcuff is always a poor roster decision until it isn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The thing is, Miami is a lot better than expected too! Would have been the PERFECT landing spot. But you Bell owners and your lucky stars...

 

Eh if all he really wants is a SB ring KC is an infinitely better spot than Miami, even with Miami playing well. I say this even as a saddened CEH owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nappyroots said:

As it stands we just have the best handcuff out there. 

Bell is a better handcuff than Phillip Lindsey?  And Pollard?  And Chase Edmonds?  And Gus Edwards?  And Jamaal Williams?

Better that Lamical Perine?  

Bell is the best handcuff out there?

Averaging well under 2 ypc since he joined KC?

The BEST.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell is a better handcuff than Phillip Lindsey?  And Pollard?  And Chase Edmonds?  And Gus Edwards?  And Jamaal Williams?

Better that Lamical Perine?  

Bell is the best handcuff out there?

Averaging well under 2 ypc since he joined KC?

The BEST.

You keep going on and on but you haven’t really proved anything. Bell isn’t producing because he’s not getting the VOLUME. Same for CEH and idk where your getting less than 2 YPC from. Bell has 54 yards on 16 carries which is about 3.4 ypc. I mean CEH has 35 yards on 11 carries past two games. That’s even worst lol. And I’m not saying CEH isn’t better than bell but these guys aren’t getting enough touches to build a rhythm. Again the problem here for all the chiefs RBs is that they aren’t getting enough VOLUME to be productive. And I’m by no means advocating for bell. He may very well be washed up but he isn’t getting enough opportunity to tell for sure. To me this was clear as day a terrible situation for fantasy purposes but once again it’s only because there’s too many mouths to feed. I’m sure bell would still be productive if given a work horse role on a fairly productive team. To be specific the one he passed on. He would have most likely been just fine on the dolphins and everyone would have been happy. But now he’s a drop in most leagues and CEH is flex play at best.

Edited by StevenSC400
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why a lot of ppl were warning Leveon Bell owners who were behaving like they just won the lotto with the trade to KC.

 

This backfield barely supports a fantasy starter at a RB2 level. It can't support both of them. Showtime has too much freedom to get cute and other options to rely on other than the run.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

You keep going on and on but you haven’t really proved anything. Bell isn’t producing because he’s not getting the VOLUME. Same for CEH and idk where your getting less than 2 YPC from. Bell has 54 yards on 16 carries which is about 3.4 ypc. I mean CEH has 35 yards on 11 carries past two games. That’s even worst lol. And I’m not saying CEH isn’t better than bell but these guys aren’t getting enough touches to build a rhythm. Again the problem here for all the chiefs RBs is that they aren’t getting enough VOLUME to be productive. And I’m by no means advocating for bell. He may very well be washed up but he isn’t getting enough opportunity to tell for sure. To me this was clear as day a terrible situation for fantasy purposes but once again it’s only because there’s too many mouths to feed. I’m sure bell would still be productive if given a work horse role on a fairly productive team. To be specific the one he passed on. He would have most likely been just fine on the dolphins and everyone would have been happy. But now he’s a drop in most leagues and CEH is flex play at best.

The man had five touches of the ball for three yards.  Don't you think it is possible that KC, fighting for its life in a close game, had more of a role for Bell in the game plan, but he was so ineffective they just went away from it?

We ignore that he is a shell of his 2017 self and still keep insisting that, in the right role on the right team...

Dynamite!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The man had five touches of the ball for three yards.  Don't you think it is possible that KC, fighting for its life in a close game, had more of a role for Bell in the game plan, but he was so ineffective they just went away from it?

We ignore that he is a shell of his 2017 self and still keep insisting that, in the right role on the right team...

Dynamite!

And CEH had 5 carries as well for 14 yards! You keep trying to prove your point sooo hard but sorry to say it’s not working. These guys are using a committee has nothing to do with “roles”. The ball simply moves through mahomes. Kelce and Hill eat first and everyone else gets to fight for the scraps afterward. They frankly don’t care whose playing at RB. They did the same thing rotating guys last year. But keep beating your chest lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Kelce and Hill eat first and everyone else gets to fight for the scraps afterward.

And Bell is fighting for scraps behind CEH, just like I said he would.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bowwhizzle said:

Thinking of picking him off WW.

Anyone got a feeling something is brewing for Bell after their bye week?

 

Depends on who your dropping but its not like his production could go any lower.  I really think the Chiefs are going to lean on him for the playoff run, may see an uptick in touches towards the end of the regular season but the fact that he isn't the go-to 3rd down back is alarming. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, PisEdiRin said:

It's baffling why Bell is so undervalued.

Of all the Top 24 RBs, Bell is the most undervalued, easily.

2019 was Bell's FLOOR season with 3.2 YPC and 4 total TDs, and still finished as RB16. His high PPR Floor makes his Rushing production a bonus, essentially. He's a WR in a RB's body.

Since then:

1) Jets upgraded all 5 starters on the OL. The big one being the 11th overall pick Becton, whose strength is Run Blocking. That'll translate right away.

2) They signed a big bodied 4.2 speed WR and drafted a big bodied 4.3 speed WR to spread the field.

3) Bell is in phenomenal shape, much better shape compared to entering 2019.

4) Bell is still the workhorse. Gore is not relevant and is probably the least threatening Backup RB in the league.

5) The Jets lost Jamal Adams and CJ Mosley, defense should he among the league's worst. This means more short passes while playing catchup, for Bell.

 

I think Bell goes from RB16 to Top 10 RB in 2020. He is being drafted BELOW his Floor right now, which just screams value.

Bell so far has not had value if acquired for free off of the waiver wire, as he can be in most standard-sized leagues.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 10:20 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

You forgot one thing: 2019 is not Bell's floor.  The Jests will still be terrible, and now Gore is there.  2020 will be Bell's new, lower floor.  Then, in 2021, Bell will not be on any NFL team, and that will be his yet lower floor.

It's all about spotting trends.

I got pilloried for this at the time.  Not looking so bad, now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bowwhizzle said:

Thinking of picking him off WW.

Anyone got a feeling something is brewing for Bell after their bye week?

Maybe if he tweets that he ate Taco Bell. Otherwise this backfield is avoid at all costs. I'm sure one of them will get into the end zone at one point. Have fun guessing who. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...